Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 145 - The Right Thing

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 145 - The Right Thing

Chapter 145 - The Right Thing
“Where is this thing’s power source?” Ekyt thought of one last hope of beating this monster. He saw his staff lying on the ground. “Linda!” he called, “Throw me the staff!” Linda threw it to him. He caught it deftly, swinging around and hitting the metal version of himself in the side, He turned the staff around to the pointed side and drove it home. The robot crackled and fizzed. “YES!” Linda cheered. Ekyt relaxed for a moment. The robot reached into it’s stomach and pulled out the staff, snapping it. “You’re not going to win this. Your flesh cannot stand much more.” Ekyt privately agreed with that statement.

Knuckles, Julie-Su, Sonic, and Tails all arrived at the same time. They gaped with horror as their human buddy got thrown by…himself??? They watched him get up, and wobble. “Concussion, at least.” Knuckles said to the group. Ekyt managed to run, hitting a flying front kick, landing, and spinning around to strike with his heel. He ducked and kicked low, spinning one more time, with a roundhouse kick. It had taken a lot of his energy, that much they could tell. What they couldn’t tell was how much damage it had done to both of them…

The dome was gone, and Ekyt was on his last legs. The concussion was taking it’s toll on him, as his punches and kicks didn’t have the usual power behind them. The metal version of Ekyt kicked backward, landing both feet to Ekyt’s stomach. It used it’s built-in rocket boosters to strike incredibly hard with it’s shoulder, ramming Ekyt backward. It raised it’s own staff, sharpened at the end, to end the fight. Ekyt was so out of it between the concussion and the pain there was nothing he could do.

“That’s it! Stand back!” Sonic and Knuckles spun and glided (respectively) into the mechanical (attempter) murderer. It broke in half. Linda hauled Ekyt to his feet (Good thing he’s so light). “C’mon, we’re going to get you looked at by a doctor.” The robot moved. In pure anger, Linda emptied the clip of her pistol into it.

They all went along to the doctor. “He’ll be fine, I’ve given him a special shot, the concussion will be gone within minutes (Gotta love technology!).” Ekyt emerged, sporting a pitifully fake grin. “Thanks for the save guys. I saw my life flash before my eyes…I need more memories, it didn’t take long enough.” They watched him walk down the hallway, knowing he was hiding something.

“What’s his deal?” Sonic asked. “He’s alive, ain’t he?” Knuckles nodded his agreement. Tails and Linda, who had spent the most time with him, thought they knew what was troubling him. “If I know him, he’s down about losing the fight.” Linda started. “Yeah. He’s got that “If I don’t have my pride, I’ve got nothing” attitude.” Linda turned to Sonic and Knuckles. “Thanks for saving him. And I know he means as much.”

As soon as he was out of site, Ekyt let his shoulders drop. He lifted up his mask, wiping a bead of sweat away. Now I can’t even fight my own battles…Maybe it’s time to give it up…That’s not in my nature, I know that…I’ve got to do things my way…And I’m going to start by tackling Robotnik…

All of them caught up with Ekyt as he was about to use a vine to swing down to Mobius. “Hey, wait, I’ve got a problem!” Julie-Su called out. Ekyt let go of the vine. “They won’t renew my citizenship!” Ekyt squeezed his eyes shut. He thought for a moment. “Well…what I would do is walk up to them and tell them why I should be back. And then Linda would come in and say something, then Knuckles. Strength in numbers.” Julie-Su shrugged. “Tried it.” “Not with me. Let’s give this a shot…”

“Excuse me, Locke?” Ekyt asked. “Hm? I’ve been waiting for you to come in and defend her Ekyt.” Locke said offhandedly, stroking his beard. “She deserves it Locke, you know it. Between you, me, Knuckles, and Linda…” “I know. Spectre is set against her affiliation with you.” Locke stroked his beard as he watched the young man think. Take the bait lad! You know what to do… Ekyt nodded suddenly. “Julie, you’re going to have to learn to hate me, quick!” Julie’s face was screwed up in confusion. “Say WHAT?” “Trust me. Fake it. Say whatever you want.” Julie hesitated, then swung her fist at him. “You little worm! How dare you soil the good name of the guardians?! You don’t deserve the charity that the Brotherhood gives you! You couldn’t protect yourself against a mosquito! I hope you rot in Devil’s Gulag!” Ekyt acted mad. “You know, what you’re not worth it Julie!” he “stormed” out. Locke stroked his beard again. Right on the money lad. And whatever it is that’s troubling you, may Steppenwolf guide you…”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on June 4, 2007, 4:21:49 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogLOL, faking, nice ^^ nice work