Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 38 - Knuckles X- Linda?! 0_o

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 38 - Knuckles X- Linda?! 0_o

Chapter 38 - Knuckles X- Linda?! 0_o
Being the chao guardian meant Linda had to move near the master emerald. That was cool with Ekyt. She had a purpose, she was happy. His job was half done. The other half&well, that was harder. One night Knuckles came back as Linda was talking to Tikal. Linda turned around and gasped. Geez, Knux, give a girl a heart attack? Always. He responded with a smile. Then their eyes met. One word could some it up. Love. But what about Ekyt? Linda thought, knowing the answer already. Let him down gently. And pray hes not upset.
Ekyt himself was by himself, staring. He had discarded his mask, it was kind of uncomfortable. If he needed it, he could always go back. He sat outside a store that sold comic books. He sat still, wondering, thinking, hoping. Something felt off to him. He was good at reading looks and personalities, but he let his personal feelings get in the way. His goal was to take away weakness he had. Oh, here came Linda. Uh oh. That look wasnt good. She sat down across from him. Hi. She said quietly. oh, Hi. Ekyt answered. He could only sit in stunned silence after that as he listened to what she had to say. &so you understand? she asked hopefully. He nodded, silently, his face giving away nothing. Say hi to Knuckles for me. Was all he said. She got up and walked away.
Ekyt couldnt kid himself, someone like her could do better than him, he was small, skinny, no matter what he did to put on muscle. So do what you always do, move on. It would be harder this time. A voice from a man, maybe 20 years old, probably was in college. Hey, freak. He said, for no apparent reason. Today, Ekyt snapped. He grabbed the guy by the shirt and threw him into the grass. Freak, huh? Is that what I am? Or did you mean something else? Ekyt asked, or snarled rather. Yeah, yeah, not you, I was talking to, um, my invisible friend. The guy sputtered pathetically. Thats what I thought scuzzbucket. Ekyt let him go, watching him run. He felt a hand grab his collar. Huh? What do you want? he shot at the grabber. Rouge looked back at him. Take it easy tiger. I just wanted to say I feel sorry for you. Ekyt stopped to contemplate that. Well, yeah, a lonely life where no one understands you. Right, kiddo? She actually seemed genuine. Pretty close. Tell ya what, Im gonna keep an eye on you. Sorry, but I cant trust you. Rouge didnt answer. Then she slapped him and flew off. That settled it. Ekyt needed a vacation.
He went to the master emerald and knelt before it. Uh, what are you doing? Linda asked. Get away from the master emerald! Knuckles yelled. Im not gonna touch it Knux. In fact, Im out of here, and dont follow me. Either of you. He turned back to the emerald. Tikal! he called. She appeared, pleased to see him. What can I do for you? she asked. Ekyt shook his head. Its what I can do for you, Tikal. But I cant talk here. Could we& he gestured vaguely. Sure& she answered, curious. They disappeared with a flash. Linda and Knuckles were left standing side by side, wondering what just happened.
Ekyt landed, crouched, in the lush green paradise. Tikal, I want to offer my services to you. Ekyt got right to the point. To do what. To stop that war from ever happening. Imagine if your tribe never went to war and all the echidnas didnt get destroyed! She thought. That would change history& Im tempted&But is it right? I&I& I cant. I want to. I really do, but the suffering is necessary. She answered. Ekyt tossed off his trench coat. At least let me stay here. I cant go back Tikal. What do you mean. Ekyt explained what happened. Tikal could tell his heart was ripped to shreds, but he was trying to keep himself together. You know I cant do that& she answered sadly. He shook his head, hard. I understand. Send me back. But could you send me to the far end of the city? I cant deal with anyone right now. Look at me. Human. Nothing else. I cant do anything special. Thats not true! Ekyt nodded. It is Tikal. But please, be careful. Youre the last one I can trust. She sent him back, regretting it before the flash disappeared. She went before the master emerald. Could I have been wrong? What purpose will he really serve? Will he be alone forever? Some drops in the water around the emerald answered. She lowered her head, letting the tears fall freely. Please, reconsider! she sobbed. You cant ask that of him! More drops answered. I refuse to let his future fall into the hands of evil! Tikal didnt even notice her father behind her. You will do as you are told Tikal. He said firmly. Y-yes father.
Ekyt landed again. He closed his eyes. Several policemen approached him. Are you the vigilante whos been terrorizing Station Square? Ekyt, still angry, answered curtly. What do you mean by terrorizing? I havent terrorized anyone. The lead officer opened his book, writing a ticket. This is for mouthing off punk. Now go back to where ever it is you live. Ekyt held his temper in check, before realizing he had no home. The others were in the warehouse, and he wasnt going back there&

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on August 30, 2006, 9:30:09 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogPoor Ekyt... I'm off to read the next chapter

Violet_Rose on August 28, 2006, 11:41:07 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseAwww, poor Ekyt...*Sniff* ;_;