Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 39 - Ekyt X...Tikal?! (Well, read it!)

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 39 - Ekyt X...Tikal?! (Well, read it!)

Chapter 39 - Ekyt X...Tikal?! (Well, read it!)
In Tikals Time&

(Note: The Master Emerald is going to answer, just so you know what its saying)
I beg you! Spare him that fate! What wrong has he done? Tikal pleaded with the Master Emerald. Wrong, Tikal? You assume this is a punishment? How else should it be considered? He loses his love, and his humanity? Perhaps that may be best Tikal. If he cant feel the pain& Hes noble! Hed rather live fully than live without being& Tikal, it is out of your jurisdiction. He must be given the choice. How could he choose? Save the love of his life, or fufill his promise? Maybe lose his own life in the process? It is an impossible decision! Be that as it may, he must choose Tikal. Tikal stood up. Fine. But hell make the right choice! He will rectify himself! He will see the potential he has! If you have such faith, Tikal, you should not worry. The emerald answered.
Ekyt stood by himself on the rooftop. Where he met Rouge earlier...
(Flashback)
Fine. Ill do it Rouge. Just let her be. Ekyt pleaded. Rouge, knowing she had the upper hand, smiled nastily at him. Kiss my boots and say Im beautiful, and Ill leave her alone. Why you care I dont know. She dumped you for that brain-dead red head. And dont even consider commenting! Ekyt did as he was told, glad no one else was around to see him being humiliated by her again. He could have hit her, ended this whole thing, but he was old-fashioned. He wouldnt hit a woman, not even jokingly. He got down on his knees and kissed her boots. Youre beautiful. He muttered sullenly. Good boy. So you bring that money to the building on time. Thats 12:00 midnight. Promise? I promise. You know what will happen if you break that promise? No, what sick idea have you fathomed? Ekyt shot back. Rouge giggled. Why, youre my servant if you dont. Deal.

End Flashback

Those wounds still hadnt healed. Not that he ever expected them too. The police cars went zipping by him, their lights barely visible in the dark city. Against his better judgment, he followed them. Ekyt ran after the cars. Sonic and the others had the day off, so this was all him. Maybe it would get his mind off Linda. The scene was taped off, police everywhere. Ekyt saw just the answer to his problem. Violet, Shadow! The two turned. Oh, great, what could you possibly want? Shadow asked viciously. Keep the cops busy, Im doing a little detective work. Whats in it for me? Shadow asked. Name your price, but later. Ive gotta get in there. He turned to talk with Violet. Should I do it Violet? Shadow asked. Go for it. Just get something good out of the deal.
Fine kid. Hey, you bribe takin, donut suckin trigger happy, P.I.G.! Shadow yelled, then skated off. Violet nearly broke a rib trying not to laugh. Ekyt snuck into the building, shocked at what he saw. Linda was trapped under some concrete blocks. Ekyt, seeing the clock on the wall, knew he didnt have time to save her and keep his promise to Rouge. But he knew the right choice. Using his staff for leverage, he pried the blocks up. Hurry! Crawl out, and get out of here before this place collapses! Ekyt said, grunting with the effort. Linda bolted, feeling awful about putting him in danger.
Ekyt showed up with the money at 12:15. He tossed it to Rouge, who gave him a look. A little late? she said sweetly. Yeah, I know. I stopped to save someones life. Oh well, a great last act of freedom. She handcuffed him. Come on, youve got work to do. Ekyt went with her, resigned. He had lost.
Tikal sighed heavily at the sight. I told you he was trustworthy! she told the Master Emerald. Then why do the chao dislike him? it answered. Chao dont like everyone! Hes done nothing to deserve you taking away his freedom; his humanity! Why throw away an innocent life? What does this prove? Tikal shouted. He failed to make the delivery on time Tikal. He is not trustworthy. The emerald declared. He saved that girls life after she dumped him! And his thanks? He is now a slave to the woman who broke his heart to begin with! All because you hold a grudge because of chao! Enough Tikal! Master Emerald, I&I protest! I wish to stand by the human and prove his innocence of whatever crime he will commit! This is unheard off&But granted Tikal. If he fails, you know the consequences, do you not. Yes, his execution, then mine. I accept it. She vanished, going to a time period where she did not know what to expect.
Ekyt had already been forced to do her laundry, wash windows, vacuum, sweep, dust. All the things he hated. He did it all without a word of complaint. Rouge, for her part, laughed. See what happens when you decide Im not good enough? You pay, dont you? Ekyt stopped washing the floor and looked at her. Did you ever really have feelings for me? OR was I just in the wrong place at the wrong time. She leaned back. Hey, dont get me wrong, youre cute, Ive just got my sights elsewhere. If you werent such a goody-two-shoes, maybe you couldve had me. Ekyt thought for a moment. Thank God Im such a good guy. If this is what its like living with you& Rouge used her pick nails to tear the back of his shirt, leaving four long slash marks down his back. You couldve been mine. But you chose that echidna instead. And what happens? She dumps you. Lesson learned, I hope. Ekyt just went back to work.
Tikal observed this, shaking her head. Perhaps fate was wrong&The way he looked at me earlier&Like an equal&His daughter is an echidna&and my blood runs through her veins&as does his&but what if it wasnt Linda that was their mother? Im an ancestor of hers... Her eyes widened. Him&and&Me?

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on August 30, 2006, 9:41:32 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogWOAH, Ok, I have to read the next chapter!

Violet_Rose on August 28, 2006, 2:17:17 PM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_Rose^_^ Like how it's going! Nicely done! ^__^