Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 48 - Eye of the Emeralds

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 48 - Eye of the Emeralds

Chapter 48 - Eye of the Emeralds
Youre seriously leaving? Linda asked Ekyt. Yup. Yesterdays news. When will you be back? I dont know. I cant say. He ran a hand through his hair. Just take care of yourself, okay? He continued his walk.

***Two weeks later***

Ekyt faded into obscurity. His friends remembered him. But he went out of his way to be forgotten. He was pale from lack of sun. He didnt live anywhere. He was off the grid. Just what he wanted. It always looked so cool in the movies, but in real life it felt&rotten. But he had no choice. He was done with Station Square. He knew he would go back eventually. He still had the chaos emeralds, so he was safe. So he thought. That was before he ran into a biker gang with bad intentions.

Tiffany was just about to leave when Kurt showed up again. Good luck. He said. Tiffany thought the young hedgehog was always so somber. Hey, cmon buddy, smile, whats the problem? she asked, not really knowing if there was something wrong. There was. Amy went back to Sonic. Kurt said quietly. Everyone knew Kurt and Amy were together. Amy just had her heart set on Sonic. Hey, cheer up, you can come with me to wreak some havoc on Eggman. Maybe youre like my brother. Shadow always needs to get revenge on someone before hes happy. Kurt was hesitant. She sure is pretty&Aw, cmon Kurt! She older than you! Just help her out. Strictly business, just like Dad says. Sure, Id love to, maybe thatll help. Whenever youre ready to go!

Sonic, Shadow, and Chris headed back toward the warehouse. Its been weird around here with Ekyt gone. Sonic commented. Yeah, no offense Sonic, but its not as safe around here. Chris commented. Youre right on pal. Shadow stopped. Dont tell me you guys actually thought he was useful! Sonic snickered. He beat you on at least two occasions Shadow, thats not useless. Even Shadow couldnt argue that point.

Tails and Cream too felt the sting of Ekyts departure and Lindas new love. Remember how they got us to date? Cream asked, giggling at the memory. Yeah, Good thing I listened to Ekyt and not Rouge&

(For the sake of understanding, heres the story, well parts of it.)

(At least Ekyt has had a girlfriend before. I've never had the time. Cream is really cute, though. Tails thought to himself as he was put another screw in place. What girl wants to be with a geek like me? I need some advice. That was one step, Tails thought, but who to get advice from was another problem. His options were pretty limited. Sonic? No, he's got plenty of problems. At this point Sonic ran in and dove into the X-Tornado. Amy Rose barreled in after him. Sooooo-nnnnnniiiiiiicccccc! Oh! Where is he?! Tails, have you seen Sonic? Sonic was still hiding, so Tails said Sorry Amy, haven't seen him. Did you check at the hotel? No. Thanks Tails! She ran off. Thanks bud. Sonic whispered to him. He walked out the door when Amy tackled him. Not Again! he yelled. They started the chase all over again.)

(Rouge was fixing her eyes. The eye shadow wore off fast in her line of work. Her lipstick too. She heard the doorbell ring. She tossed down the cosmetics and answered it. She was shocked to see Tails there. Um, Rouge, can I ask you for some advice? he said shyly, blushing. Even though he was ten, he knew beautiful when he saw it. Sure, kid. Rouge said with a laugh. What's the problem. Tails sat down on a kitchen chair. It's Cream. I can't get my mind off her. What should I do? He asked, blushing. Rouge knelt down next to him. Here, I'll show you. She called someone and asked them to come over. A few minutes later, Ekyt walked in. Rouge grabbed him and kissed him vigorously. Tails eyes widened. A-are you sure that's how you let someone know you like them. Imagine Ekyt in the background with his eyes closed, looking like he's gonna faint. That's what ya gotta do kid. Rouge answered, pleased with herself. Nothing like corrupting a young mind. Well, I'd better go Rouge. Thanks! Tails called. Ekyt followed him. Tails still wasn't sure what to think of Rouge's advice. Hey Tails, do you know what that was about? Ekyt asked. Huh? Oh, Rouge was just telling me how to show Cream I like her. Ekyt shook his head. No, no, no, no, no, no, that's the worst thing you can do! Tails turned around. Huh? Really? he said, shocked. Yeah, that's not love, that's lust. There's a difference, believe me. I can tell what to do, or, better yet, I'll show you. I've got a date with Linda tonight. Follow me.)

(Um, Linda? Cream said timidly. Linda turned around with a smile. Oh, hi Cream. What can I do for you. Cream looked down blushing. It's Tails. I think I have a crush on him. Linda nodded. You want to know what to do, don't you? Cream nodded, while Cheese winked at a girl chao (Sorry, this part made me laugh so I thought I'd include it!- N.G.). Follow me. Linda, whose leg had healed, found an apartment near Ekyt's place. It was decorated modestly, and was clean. See, Cream, all guys are different. Take Ekyt for example. He's smart and he's in good shape, but he's always down on himself because he's different. What he doesn't know is that's one thing I like about him. I don't understand. Cream said, confused. I like him because he's different. He's always polite, and he stands up for himself and everyone else. He took Rouge in after she dumped him (See previous issues- N.G.), something most people wouldn't do. He doesn't conform, he doesn't criticize or show off. Linda had on a two piece black skirt and blouse with matching shoes. What you've gotta do is what you think is right, never mind what others think. In this case, only two peoples opinions matter. Yours and Tails. Cream thought for a minute. Can you make me beautiful like you? I really want to& &impress Cream. Tails said. Sure. In fact, Why don't we go over to the casino. That's where Linda is going to meet me. You set? Tails was yanking at his bow tie. Ekyt laughed, nodding Yeah, that's what I think too. But that's the price you gotta pay. I know Cream's worth it to you, just like Linda is worth it to me. Now, let's go wow `em! Ekyt wished he could give himself that kind of a pep talk. )

( Linda smiled at Cream. Linda had blue eye shadow while cream wore red. Linda whispered to Cream watch this Linda leaned across the table and tickled Ekyt under the chin, watching him blush before kissing him. Cream got the idea and kissed Tails on the cheek. Tails and Ekyt both turned red. Linda sighed. Waiter! Could I have some ice water please? Ekyt and Tails were both out of it when the water came as Cream giggled. Linda told her This is how you snap them out of it after you kiss them. I guess our guys are both similar. She took a pitcher of water and handed one to Cream. They dumped it on the two guys)
(Thats how it happened, readers!)

Back to the story

Knuckles stood up as Linda got back. Hes leaving. She said in disbelief. Knuckles too, was shocked. Its not like him. Maybe there were some other problems too, that thing with Tikal. Yeah, still though, its going to be less safe around here. Linda commented. Hell come back Linda. Hes just gotta clear his head.

So you want the job kid? the cigar-chomping guy behind the counter asked. Yeah. Ekyts voice was deep and raspy from not talking for two weeks. The gym he was a dump. Cracked concrete floor, weights chipped, paint peeling. No women, or real women, the women here all smoked at drank. You dont have to pay me, just let me work out. Ekyt told him. No money? Im pretty sure thats illegal kid. What do you care, Im not telling. Do you want me here or not? Ekyt said to his new boss. Whatever kid. When can you start? When can you leave? Ekyt said. Now. Good, Ill handle it.
In ten minutes a blonde woman, probably early twenties, and muscular, walked up to Ekyt behind the desk. Hey hottie. What can I do for you? Ekyt answered mildly. Well, its not so much what you can do for me, its what we can do for each other. She smiled, revealing her lack of teeth. Uh huh. Sorry lady, youre really not my type. If youre looking for some guy to seduce, try the small guy flexing in the corner. Hes not my type kiddo. Sorry, this is a gym, not a dating service. The lady walked away, angry, and began pumping two 90-pound dumbbells like they were nothing.
The gym closed 5 hours later. Ekyt kicked everyone out and locked up. Then he trained himself. He trained for an hour, then decided to go get some food.
He had a motorcycle, so started to drive. Before long, a gang of bikers got in his way. Toll bridge, toothpick. The lead biker snarled. The tires were sagging under his weight. Yeah? Well, forget it whopper. Getting money out of me is like getting blood out of a stone. I dont think you understand. Were not asking. Were demanding. Too bad, go earn the dough grease ball. To say the bikers too exception to that would be putting it mildly.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on September 7, 2006, 10:12:15 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogCOOL ^^

Violet_Rose on September 5, 2006, 2:11:14 PM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseOne word: AWESOME! ^.^