Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 51 - Field Day for the Press

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 51 - Field Day for the Press

Chapter 51 - Field Day for the Press
Tiffany sat Ekyt down to tell him the news. She could see in his face that he was expecting the worst.
He Got it.
He disappeared? Ekyt said, dumbfounded. Its my fault! He put a hand through his hair. He could feel himself aging. It is not your fault! Tiffany exclaimed. You didnt break up with Linda, she broke up with you! Ekyt was zoning by now. I-I just cant believe it. My own kids; gone before their birth. It just doesnt seem possible. Ekyt got up to leave. In your condition, youd better not walk home alone. Tiffany piped up. Before he could answer, a microphone was thrust in his face. A news crew was standing in front of Ekyt. Are you the vigilante whos been terrorizing Station Square? the Stossel-like reporter asked. Ekyt, still wearing his mask, was through with the cloak and dagger stuff. He could always change the mask, or lose it all together.
What do you mean by terrorizing? Like what your doing to me right now? Or did you mean invading peoples privacy? I could have sworn I was having a private conversation. Ekyt snarled. Tiffany put a hand on his shoulder warningly. Take it easy& No. You listen to me, all of you. You think you can tell me what to do? I dont fit in here, I know it! I dont need you- Ekyt pointed at the reporter, Telling me how to do my job! And for the record, your microphone needs to be fixed. The perplexed reporter asked Whats wrong with my microphone? Ekyt grabbed it and smashed it against a building, hand what was left of it back to the hotshot reporter. Oh, and no further comments! Get that camera out of my face! Ill break it! Tiffany, an ultimate life form, was struggling to hold him back. Eden, little help here! Tiffany called, spotting Eden. The two of them managed to get Ekyt away from the reporters. One of them threw a series of rocks, hitting all of them. Normally, Id say to let this go, Eden began. But were gonna let go arent we? Tiffany asked. Yup. They let go, and Ekyt tore after the news crew, catching the guy who threw the rock and throwing him into the reporter. He held the two up by their ties, before tossing them down, disgusted. You arent worth my time. You jerks ever hit anyone, especially any innocent bystanders, with a rock, I will personally make you eat every rock in this city. Now Scram!
Tiffany and Eden forced Ekyt to walk back toward the warehouse. They could tell he was a wreck. At one point, someone told him he shouldve died, and they had to force him to the ground to keep him from ripping the guy to shreds. His life had shattered again. Eventually they were joined by Shadow. He gave Ekyt crap. To his surprise, Ekyt didnt fight. Instead, he let Shadow talk. Its better this way, your kids wouldve been crap anyway! Shadow laughed. Tiffany slapped him. If you dont shut up, I swear! Tiffany started, but Ekyt stopped her. Its okay. You see, it takes a lot to make me crack. But you, Shadow, you crap after one word. Whats that? Maria. Shadow tried not to show that the comment rocked him, but it failed. Yeah, thats what I thought. You keep your comments about my kids, living or dead, to yourself, or I will kill you. And if you think Ill stop there, youre wrong. DEAD WRONG. Shadow took a swipe at Ekyt. Ekyt tackled him, but Shadow chaos-controlled and started to beat up Ekyt. Say it again! Say it again! Shadow was crazed. Sonic came speeding up, followed by Knuckles, Tails, and Chris. It took all six of them to restrain the two. Ekyt was bleeding, and Shadow was sporting a black eye, cut lip, and busted jaw. Ekyt was just a mess of blood. Linda followed Knuckles in. Get the emerald away from Shadow! Tie them up! people were shouting over Ekyt and Shadow. Rouge heard the commotion and came down from her room. She picked Shadows pocket, getting the emerald away from him. Shadow was escorted away by everyone but Linda.
What happened? Linda asked. Reporters first. They threw rocks and me and Tiffany, and Eden. Some guy made a comment, and then Shadow started going off on me. What was the comment? Linda asked. Ekyt, looking banged up, arms tied behind him on a chair, legs secured, looked up at her. Youd better sit down. I can take it. Seriously. Really, Im a big girl, I can handle it if its about me. Its not. Its about the future. Well, tell me! Its obviously important! Ekyt sighed. Linda&Kurt and Paula are-are- gone. What? What killed them? Not dead. Never existed. Because you and I arent together, it changed the future. Paula is Knuckles daughter, youre still her mother. But Kurt is gone entirely. Rouges son is gone. Silence. Youre not kidding, are you? she asked quietly. He shook his head. She hugged him, crying on his shoulder. Ive got to tell Knuckles. She said, leaving. After that, Ekyt thought he might cry too.
Linda ran into Blain on the way back to island. She explained to him what happened. Whoa, thats awful! Im sorry! Yeah. Shadow and Ekyt even got in a fight over it. Ekyts pretty banged up. Blain normally would have seen Shadows side of the story, but this was awful. I know! Blain (MrGimp) hurried over to Flash (Flashthehedgehog), who was bugging a store clerk about a new shipment of Doritos. Flash, you hear about Ekyt? Nah, Ive been here all day. This clown wont order the new spicy Doritos! You believe that? Yeah, you! Flash shouted over the counter at the middle-aged bald guy reading the paper. Cmon Flash, this is serious. Weve gotta do something. I dont know what we could do Blain, if Linda isnt interested in him anymore& She is, she just doesnt know it. But for now, lets at least get Ekyt outta here. I know this bar and grill outside of town. Just one question Blain. Whats that? Youre twelve, and you can name every bar in town. And out of it, apparently. Flash said, eyebrows up. Wellll, biologically Im old enough to drink&Ahh, forget it, lets just get Ekyt outta the warehouse for a while.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on September 29, 2006, 10:15:13 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogThe Doritos came after all

Great chapter, sorry I haven't been here for a while ^^

Shadowthe_hedgehog on September 13, 2006, 1:52:39 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAwesome!

Violet_Rose on September 12, 2006, 6:02:42 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseGreat chapter ^__^