Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 52 - Say What?

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 52 - Say What?

Chapter 52 - Say What?
Shadow looked at Ekyt. Ekyt looked at Shadow. Ekyt, tired of playing the good guy, snarled. Anything to say? Yeah. Thank God you didnt reproduce. Shadow laughed. Ekyt, smiling evily, said one word: Maria. I will kill you if you say her name again. Shadow and Ekyt were through exchanging pleasantries. Youre a piece of work Shadow. You want to bother me. Look, I know Ive lost my kids and multiple girlfriends. If anything, I figured you and I would have been best friends. But if you want to make an enemy of me, so be it! Youve given me as good a reason as any for a fight Shadow. Shadow snickered. You dont fight, you take a beating, get saved by one of your friends, and then get patched up by some dumb girl. Now thats a way to get attention. At least I dont repeat my legacy Shadow. For the record, we all know youre an ultimate lifeform. And, newsflash, nobodys impressed.
Tiffany, walking in to say good morning, immediately called for the others. Sonic, Knuckles, Rouge, Linda, Tails, Cream, Chris, Klein, Blain, Flash, and Amy all got between the two. Dont start you two! Blain warned. Come on guys, cant you talk this out? Klein asked. The time for talking is over. That insult-happy hedgehog pushed me over the edge! Ekyt snarled. Come one, come on, Rouge, Amy, Blain, you guys get Ekyt out of here. Take him to Chris place. Me and the rest will restrain Shadow. Sonic told him. Klein powered up, ready to stop the two of them. Ekyt left peacefully. There go the days plans. Blain said to Flash. Could be worse. Yeah? We didnt disappear. Good point.
Ekyt was escorted away to Chris house. They all took turns trying to calm him down. Well, Blain kinda wanted to a fight, but Amy tried. Rouge was, well, Rouge. She kept flirting with Ekyt, despite the fact that she tried to kill him numerous times. Amy, one of the youngest of their group, was the most understanding. Id be upset too. She told him. Yeah. It doesnt look like itll change anytime soon. Linda just isnt interested in me anymore. I dont blame her, shes got the chance to be with an echidna. I mean, take a look at me. Ive seen better days. It just makes me so mad&that stupid hedgehog! Ekyt tossed a knife at a picture of Shadow. Right between the eyes. Uh oh. Not again. Dont say it Amy! Dont say it! Youre cute when youre angry. Amy clasped her hands to her mouth. She had said it. Ekyt understood. Thanks. He said with a sad smile. Youll find the right person some day. Youve got a good heart, youre friendly, youre Cute? Ekyt said with a grin. Amy blushed. Its okay. I think youre cute too, if its any consolation. But what about the way I treated you? Amy asked. Live and learn, forgive and forget. Its no big deal. The two had been sitting on the bed that was Ekyts tonight. He got up and looked out the window at the storm. Ive got to get a hold of my life.
Rouge took this opportunity to step in. I couldnt help overhearing. Ekyt smirked. I bet. Wise guy. You know, being evil gets lonely& She said a tad seductively. So dont be evil. Ekyt said coolly. Then he shook his head. Im sorry, I dont know why I said that. Its not really your fault. He looked back out the window. Rouge and Amy exchanged glances, then noticed a slash mark on Ekyts side. Rouge shook her head at Amy, and went over to Ekyt. What happened there? she asked, pointing at the slash. Knife. He opened the window. Not knowing what state of mind he was in, the two girls grabbed him. Im not going to jump! he protested. They dragged him over to the bed and forced him to lie down, actually wrapping the cord from the telephone around his hands. Eden walked in, followed by Flash and Blain. Uh, are we interrupting something? Blain asked. Rouge realized how stupid the scene must have looked. No. Were just making sure he doesnt jump out the window. Eden looked at Ekyt. Ekyt looked through her, like she wasnt there. Ill get more rope! Flash said brightly.
Sonic, Tiffany, Tails, and Chris forced Shadow to sit down. Now, whats the problem? Tiffany asked Shadow. Hes human, and hes scum. You know thats not true Shadow. Chris answered. Youre scum too. Shadow answered. Thats enough! Sonic shouted. Look, the guy just lost his kids and two girlfriends. You can give him a break. And by that I mean leave him alone, not break his arm. Tiffany nodded in assent. I dont know why the doctor didnt give you common sense, but since I have some, Ill share this little fact with you: Youre ticked off at the wrong person. I hate GUN as much as you do, but Ekyts not involved. So lay off! Shadow gave Tiffany a sideways glance. You seem to be taking this rather well, considering, well, you know& And whats that? That you were in love with his son. Shadow said, sneering. I know he loved me. I just- you know what, shut up. Tiffany really hadnt sorted out her feelings for Kurt.
Sonic walked into the room, but immediately ran back out because Amy was chasing him. Blain and Flash wanted to see this, and Eden was downstairs getting something. That left Ekyt and Rouge alone. Neither one was comfortable. Rouge was trying to be good, and Ekyt was worried that she might kill him, finish what she started, now that she had the chance. As if she could tell, Rouge piped up You know, I dont hate you. Huh? Was all Ekyt could manage. Yeah. I set out to ruin your life. And, well, I guess it worked. Ive got no reason to hate you. She looked away, but not before Ekyt saw a little red on her cheeks. Well, I never go to thank you for being the first to make me feel welcome in Station Square. It was Ekyts turn to blush. Really? Rouge asked him. Yeah. Rouge looked away. Well, I gotta go. Thanks for the memories. Anytime Rouge. Now, if youll just untie me, I can go too. Ive got a lot to do.
The next day saw Ekyt. A new him. On the street people gave him looks, but he looked forward. He was on a mission. As he was passing the bank, a robber ran out. Without losing a step, Ekyt caught him, flipped him, and threw him into the marble steps leading up to the bank. He tossed the money up to the stunned guards, and kept walking. Sonic spotted him and ran to catch up. Hey, you alright man? Never better Sonic. Im just about to put my past to rest. Hold it pal! What do you mean by that? Sonic said, eyeing Ekyts knife and the fact he was headed toward the floating island. Im not going to hurt anyone Sonic. Im going to talk to Linda. This has to stop. And then what? Youre not gonna do something nuts, are you? Depends on what you consider nuts. Im going to talk to Linda, and if we dont have a future, well, Ill take it from there.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on September 15, 2006, 10:49:30 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogKEWL ^^

ShyWanderer043 on September 14, 2006, 11:19:53 AM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043Another Great Chapter NG :)

Violet_Rose on September 14, 2006, 5:47:03 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseNicely writen ^__^