Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 59 - Back to Normal? Hardly!

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 59 - Back to Normal? Hardly!

Chapter 59 - Back to Normal? Hardly!
They arrived at the Mystic Ruins. I always wanted to guard the emerald. Ekyt said, running his hand down the architecture. Its like seeing Atlantis. Linda dragged him over to a grassy area on a hill, not far from what used to be a pond. It was more like a puddle now, but the effect was still cool. This is where I was born. My Mom and Dad were thrilled to have me, I remember playing with them. But they died before I even learned their real names. Next thing I knew I was on my own. She smiled sadly. Thats awful! What killed them? Ekyt asked. GUN. They believed all of us anthropomorphic animals were evil and sought to wipe us out. I was captured and they ran tests on me. We were peaceful with the humans, but warred with other animals. But the humans didnt trust us. Linda stopped and laughed at the irony.

I just realized Im explaining this to a human in my birthplace. I never thought that would happen! Yeah. Dont remind me Im human though. Sometimes I wish I wasnt. Ekyt muttered, sitting down next to her, looking out across the ruins. Why do you say that? Linda asked, confused. Well, all the awful things humans have done. Not even just to our own species, to innocent animals. Sometimes its a source of personal pride to be labeled an outcast like I was. Well, youre the least human human I know. Linda said, trying to be serious. But it was felt outrageous to say. Thanks. I think. Hey, whats up there? Ekyt asked her, pointing to the tower in the middle of the ruins. I dont know. Wanna check it out? Yeah, that would be cool. They climbed up the steps, seeing a serpents mouth. It was open. Ladies first. Ekyt said. Oh, youre being chicken. Linda joked. Yeah, I am. She hit him on the shoulder and walked in. This is so cool! Ekyt followed her in. Cave writings, drawings of all sorts, and some old weapons littered the high-ceilinged room. Im surprised no ones touched this stuff. Ekyt commented. Oh, its supposedly haunted. But I dont believe in ghosts do you? Ekyt stopped, his pale white skin losing color. That depends on whether Im seeing what I think Im seeing. Linda followed his gaze. To a ghost. Oh perfect. Um, how do I fight this thing? Ekyt asked Linda. Have you tried prayer? The ghost swiped forward, slashing Ekyts coat. Wrong answer I guess.

Knuckles Solo Story:

Sonic, can you ask Klein to guard the emerald for me? (Klein belongs to ShyWanderer43) Yeah, whats up? Its not like you to trust someone else to do it. I know, but Ive got to find Tikal. Its an echidna thing. Arent you worried about Rouge stealing the emerald. Why, should he be? Rouge swooped down. Im going with him. She purred, nuzzling him. Sonic raised his eyebrows. Then the piercing scream was heard: SOOOONNN-IIIIICCCC! Amy was running full speed. Seconds later, so was Sonic. Looks like things are back to normal, eh sport? Rouge said to Knuckles. Thinking of Tikal, Knuckles answered Not quite yet.

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ShyWanderer043 on September 30, 2006, 6:48:36 PM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043good chapter

ShyWanderer043 on September 30, 2006, 6:48:35 PM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043good chapter

Flashthehedgehog on September 29, 2006, 11:00:53 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehogwow keep going, now it's my turn to update my stories just a bit ^^

Shadowthe_hedgehog on September 29, 2006, 1:36:22 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAwesome chapter ^^

Violet_Rose on September 29, 2006, 1:21:00 PM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseNice! :D