Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 63 - The Truth?

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 63 - The Truth?

Chapter 63 - The Truth?
Kurt sat up straight as soon as the big clock in Station Square hit 11:24. Aw man, aw man, this is it! Whatll I say? Are my quills okay? Does she like the color green? Calm down, calm down, calm down.. Im okay, Im okay, Im okay. He sat still and breathed confidently, eyes closed. Im okay. He opened his eyes. Gaaah! Kurt jumped straight up in the air.

Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog) looked up at him. Uh, you okay Kurt? she asked cautionsly. Yeah! Never better! He answered. Tiffany gave him a worried look. Uh-huh. Theres one hole in your statement. Most people dont jump out of their skin for no reason. She questioned, eyebrows raised. You surprised me, thats all! Kurt said, turning furiously red. Ive just been thinking so much about the fire and.. is something wrong? Kurt asked. Tiffany had a distant look suddenly. Fire? Sound familiar. Just like what I lived through. (For more info, go visit Shadowthe_Hedgehogs gallery  NG)

The last time this happened, two evil people were conspiring to steal the emerald. Knuckles finished. Theres gotta be another explanation Knux. Linda said calmly. Ekyt nodded his agreement. I cant trust either of you! Get off my island! Knuckles exclaimed/ ordered. Ekyt and Linda exchanged glances. Youre whacked. Rouge voiced everyones opinion. I know that kid; he doesnt have it in him to be evil. And as for the girl, not a chance. Theres gotta be something else Knux. Knuckles stopped and thought. There is the chance it could be overexposure to chaos powers. He said finally. Ekyt spoke up this time. Shadow has chaos blasted/ chaos controlled/ chaos speared/ chaos whatevered me more times than I can count. And most of those times, Linda was with me, or in the line of fire herself. Linda cocked her head. That does beg one question Knux; are there any side effects to this? Knuckles shook his head. No. The band will stay for a while, but beyond that, nothing. Ekyt nodded and left. Linda followed him.

Knuckles sighed his relief. I couldnt tell them the truth. He said. Rouge smiled. Oh, the whole soul-touch thing? That theyre meant to be? That theyll get married and have a kid named Paula who will.. Yes, yes, enough already! I think its best they find out on their own..

The next day, things were back to normal. Ekyt and Linda fought off a robbery, rescued a cat, and chased off some of Eggmans robots. But Linda saw something wrong. Ekyt looked and acted less sure of himself. He was paler than usual too. You okay? she asked after a training session that left Ekyt breathing pretty heavy. I-Im fine. Just really stressed out. Linda looked over at him. Ive known you for a while now Ekyt, and I think theres something youre not saying. Ekyt nodded, to her surprise. I dont know myself, but I think that its anxiety.
Then Ekyt surprised her. Linda, this is difficult to ask, but.. Am I good enough for you? Linda actually laughed. Where did that come from? Ekyt couldnt answer that. Let me put your mind at ease. (Kiss) Ekyts pale cheeks turned a vibrant red. I guess I am. Linda couldnt help but feel sorry for him. Hes so.. unsure of himself. Doesnt he understand I like him for what he is? Hes got that Im-a-human complex going again, I guess. Ekyt finally had an answer for her, in the form of a question:

Does it seem Im getting beaten up a lot? Linda coughed. Huh? Oh boy, how do I handle this one?

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on December 7, 2006, 1:07:54 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogWonderful chaper, well done

Shadowthe_hedgehog on December 6, 2006, 9:53:34 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogLOL, that's funny, poor Kurt ^^

Great job ^_~