Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 64 - Raising the Bar

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 64 - Raising the Bar

Chapter 64 - Raising the Bar
No more than usual, why do you ask? Linda asked him. Im always in pain, I guess. Look at Sonic, for example, and heck, everyone else. They all walk away from a huge battle unscathed, and I limp away. Even the ones that really arent fighters dont get hurt. Linda had to admit he had a point. Before she could answer, he blurted out another sentence. I miss being an ultimate lifeform, even though I only did that out of desperation. I- wha? He pointed up. Thats one of Eggmans! Wed better book! Linda nodded and followed his lead.

While they were sprinting, Linda had a bad thought. What if things can never be the same between us? I did leave him for Knuckles.. I came back.. Are we still.. Aghh! Sort it out later, girl, youve got work to do. Ekyt stopped. Eggman was running towards them. Dont attack me! he yelled. Ekyt looked at him stoney-faced. Youve got 30 seconds to explain why youre here. He said coldly. Ill do better than that! Look at these! Robotnik thrust out some pictures. Grainy quality pictures of Eggman being chased by Metal Shadow. (Yup, he was junked a few issues ago.. but does an ultimate lifeform-bot go down that quick? Read on to find out NG) Uh-huh. Ekyt showed them to Linda, who gave him a look. Theyre fakes. Ekyt spat. What? Theres no way you could have figured that out so quickly. Listen, mister 300-IQ, youre to busy being smart to realize that the rest of us arent dumb. And besides, you created that metal monstrosity. Eggman put his head down. So you wont help me? Ekyt and Linda exchanged glances. Nope. Linda said. Eggman roared angrily. Youve done it! Come, my metal minion! Eggman called laughing. I am not in the mood for this chubsy-ubsy. Metal Shadow landed in front of Eggman, looking menacing. Ekyt, not losing a step, looked it right in the eyes. Last time I saw something like you, I flushed it. Metal Shadow slashed out. Ekyt dodged backward. Linda vaulted over him. Metal Shadow put up his claws. Linda was impaled on them.

So your past totally sucked too? Kurt asked Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog). Yeah. (Read Shadowthe_Hedgehogs bios for more details NG). And what about yours? Tiffany asked him. My parents were killed in 2008 during the war by a bomb. So, I guess, Ekyt and Linda are my parents. Tiffany shook her head sadly. That is bad. I didnt have parents. Kurt got up. Well, um, do you want to go do something? Kurt asked. Aw snap, that was smooth! he said, hitting himself in the forehead. Relax, I didnt hear it. Lets go do something. Kurt nodded stupidly.

Ekyt stopped dead. My God.. This isnt happening. I cant pull her off.. Metal Shadow did that for him. He caught her just before she hit the ground. A fierce wind signaled the arrival of Sonic. Sonic.. Please, take her. Ive gotta finish this. Sonic gave him a look. What? I know youre tough, but-.. Then trust me and get her medical attention. Ekyt turned slightly and rode Metal Shadow into a building as he tried to rush. Ekyt kicked at Metals claws. He succeeded in snapping one set off. He fitted them over his own hand. He hit Metal Shadow a few times before he was thrown across the street into a lamp post. Eggman laughed hysterically. It was then Ekyt noticed a remote control. So Metal Shadow didnt do that himself.. It was Eggman?!?! Metal Shadow came flying in for the kill. Ekyt rolled aside and dodged as Metal Shadow cut through the lamp post. It fell and hit the metal monster on the head. Ekyt rolled toward Eggman. Eggman kicked him. Big mistake. Ekyt thrust the claws down through his foot, trapping Eggman to the spot. With Metal Shadow out of his control for the moment, Ekyt pounded on Eggman until he was pulled off by the real Shadow. Get lost kid. Now! Shadow ordered. Ekyt pushed him aside and dove back toward Eggman. Chaos control! Ekyt swore as he was suspended in the air. He killed her! Im gonna rip him to shreds! And if you try to stop me.. Shadow sighed. Im not trying to stop you. Just hear me out. Your girlfriend could be dying. And its likely. You should be with her. Besides, I want to show Metal Shadow that theres only two ultimate life forms. Ekyt backed off. Where is she. Ill chaos control you there.

Sonic was sitting in the hospital room with Linda. Ekyt landed in by the door and walked in. Is-is she? No. But.. Sonic started, but was spared by the doctor. Youre Ekyt? Ekyt nodded. The doctor flipped through some papers. Im afraid shes.. her chances.. arent good. Ekyt couldnt move, blink, or even breathe. When he did, he let his breath out in one big puff. Anything I can do? Ekyt asked. The Doctor looked thoughtful. Shes lost a ton of blood. If we could get her some, it would at least give us some more time. Ekyt nodded. I see. Alright, strap me in, pump away. Well, youre blood isnt filtered, and, being different species, its unlikely that itll be a match.. Thats a chance were gonna take. Ekyt sat down and pulled off his coat. Just do it.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on December 10, 2006, 7:28:46 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogOOh, I hope Linda's okay!

Flashthehedgehog on December 9, 2006, 9:50:27 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogOh suspenseful. Great work!