Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 65 - Odd Alliances

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 65 - Odd Alliances

Chapter 65 - Odd Alliances
Ekyt was awake during the whole thing. It hurt, but he just kept thinking cmon, this is a life youre saving. About a half-hour later, they had drained about of his blood. He felt weak as heck, but it was a good weak. (makes a ton of sense, doesnt it?) The doctor removed his mask. Well? Ekyt asked impatiently. Amazingly, your blood was a match. This will give us time to sort out the problem. Now, I- Dear God! Shadows unconscious form flew in through the hospital window.

Tiffany and Kurt took some time to enjoy themselves. But Tiffany got a telepathic message that made her blood run cold. Kurt, Shadow isnt going to make it. Kurt was suddenly all business. He was, in actual years, thirteen now. But both he and Tiffany were immortal. She was an ultimate life form, and he was a living chaos emerald. But he felt older. Okay. You know where he is? he asked, making sure there were no pedestrians around. Yeah. Alright. Go for chaos control. Its not over yet.

Sonic raced over to Shadow. Still breathing. He reported. The doctor checked him out. He suffered multiple lacerations. Hes going to need blood. Ekyt volunteered, but seeing as how he was weak, the doctor said no. That left Sonic. Get crackin doc. It was times like these that made Ekyt admire Sonic. His arch-nemesis, and hes saving his life.

Tiffany (Shadowthe_hedgehog) and Kurt landed where Eggman and Metal Shadow were. Eh? Oh, if it isnt little Kurt! And youve brought a friend. Eggman taunted. You can go ahead and destroy them now. Eggman said, almost bored. Metal Shadow slashed at Kurt. Tactically, it was a good move. Take away Tiffanys ability to harness chaos, and it would be a more difficult fight. The shot hit Kurt. Tiffany tried contacting Shadow telepathically, to see if he was okay. She had a feeling, without the emerald, she might need the backup.

Shadow woke up mumbling. gotta..-help..-sis. Easy Shadow. You wont be able to stand up for a while. The doctor told him. Where is she Shadow? Ekyt asked. TV-stuh-station. He choked out. Alright. You just relax. Shell be fine. Ill make sure of it. Shadow, mostly unconscious, managed to realize that it was pretty noble of the guy to help him. Especially since Shadow had tried to do him in more than once. Hang on Shads. Sonic said with a thumbs up.

Ekyt raced out of the hospital. He bribed the ambulance driver to get him to the TV station real quick. Alright, hang on back there! Good. Youre gonna have a patient too. Ekyt called up front as the siren wailed. If you say so. You know who? Green hedgehog. Thirteen years old, but he looks younger. How do you know him? the driver called back. Hes my son in the future. The driver his a garbage can. Huh? Run that by me again? Dont ask, long story. Besides, stranger things have happened. Hes adopted, if that helps. The driver couldnt even answer.

Metal Shadow advanced on Tiffany. She could handle her own, but the fact that this thing had taken her tough-as-nails brother down worried her. That, and the fact that no matter how many times she hit the thing, it kept coming. Thats when the ambulance came flying through. It stopped. Ekyt stepped out. Metal Shadow was too busy going after Tiffany to notice the heart paddles in his hand. I always wanted to do this, Ekyt thought. CLEAR! Ekyt put the paddles on Metal Shadow and Tiffany picked up Kurt and dodged away. She handed him over to the ambulance driver. Get him to the hospital quick! Ekyt was still weak from blood loss, but the heart paddles had made Metal Shadow smoke. Ekyt knew he couldnt pack enough of a punch.. but a certain ultimate life form could. All yours Tiff! he called. She grinned and jumped high, kicking Metal Shadows head off. Ekyt was totally drained by the act.
Noooooo! Eggman shouted. My masterpiece! OH! Youll pay! He cursed and flew off in his hovercraft. Metal Shadow started to glow. Oh crap, run for it! Ekyt yelled out to Tiffany. He couldnt move. Metal Shadows body exploded, raining fragments down on the TV Station parking lot. Ekyt still couldnt move, although he did jump with pain as what was a quill hit him in the ribs. Bruised for sure. He choked out. Tiffany had taken cover. You all right? she asked him, helping him up. I will be, once I get something on these ribs.

Linda woke up with a moan. The doctor at her bedside smiled gently. Glad to see your awake. Youll be just fine. He told her. Ill be better once my stomach quits hurting. What the heck happened anyway? she asked groggily. Well, it seems this young man-, pointing at Ekyt, Donated a quarter of his blood, then went out and helped destroy the robot that put you in here. He said hed explain the rest. Nurse, let him in!

Shadow woke up. How ya feeling pal? Sonic asked. Hmph. Shadow tried to turn away, but Sonic zipped over to the other side of the bed. Come on, drop the genocidal thing for a minute. Shadow looked at him, and answered. Im fine. Thanks hedgehog. Sonic grinned. Better than I expected. He said simply. Then he called out. Tiff, hes okay! Shadow sat up. Tiffany? Tiffany walked in, followed by Kurt, whose arm was broken in two places. Im fine. Thanks to Kurt and Ekyt. Ekyt? Yeah, he zapped your metal friend with heart paddles, and then got hurt in the explosion. Ignoring that, Shadow said glad your safe. You too. Get some rest. She answered. Kurt nodded at Shadow and left the room.

Ekyt told Linda about what happened. And your blood was a match? she asked. Sort of. Since youre a guardian, youre kind of universal. Anyones blood would have worked. I was just the one handy at the time. Ekyt told her. Uh huh. Now how bout you tell me why youre all bandaged up. Ekyt sighed and explained. Linda burst out laughing, hurting her stitches in the process. You zapped him with heart paddles? Where the heck did that come from? Ekyt shrugged. No idea.

They would all live to fight another day. Good thing too.

NEXT TIME IN SONIC X: NG STYLE!

Sonic races off in pursuit of a chaos emerald, with Amy in tow. The master emerald is under attack, and Knuckles is in for the fight of his life. The Hornets street gang decides to repay the beatings Ekyt, Linda, Tiffany, Shadow, and Kurt had given them. With four of the group injured, how are they gonna stand up to a tough-as-nails group of maniacs? Find out next time!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on December 11, 2006, 7:49:05 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAWESOME!!!! Can't wait to read the next chapter ^^

ShyWanderer043 on December 10, 2006, 1:48:31 PM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043Hey NG sorry i havent been on in awhile but ive been busy with school work and some problems with my computer but anyway im back and read the parts of the story i missed and like always you dont disapoint i just got one question which is what ever happened to Klein my char and what happened to that story Love Does Strange Things 2