Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 70 - The Scrolls...

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 70 - The Scrolls...

Chapter 70 - The Scrolls...
It turned out that chaos monsters were attacking the Thorndyke mansion. Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog), Klein (ShyWanderer43), and Amy were the only one’s fighting. Then Sonic came zooming in, jumping from enemy to enemy as they exploded. Ekyt brought up the rear with Tikal. “Tikal, can you get everyone in the basement? That’s probably safest.” Ekyt said quickly, looking across the battlefield. Tikal nodded. “Well, Amy and Cream anyway. If I know Tiffany and Klein, they’re already dealing out some punishment.”

Tiffany and Klein were, in fact, dealing out punishment. Kurt and Shadow were still hurt somewhat, but eventually jumped in. Sonic and Ekyt mopped up the rest outside. “We need to get to a safe place and figure out what’s going on.” Tiffany piped up, slightly winded from the fight. “The Master Emerald is safe.” Tikal said, tears in her eyes. Ekyt looked at her. “We’ll fix this Tikal.”

They sat around the master emerald. “Tikal, what caused this?” Sonic asked. “It all started after the scrolls that foretold the death of a human warrior came true.” The glanced all turned toward Ekyt. He sighed. “Yes, that was me.” Silence met that. Suddenly angry, Ekyt got up and walked off. The others seemed to understand and continued to plan.

Ray, Ekyt’s friend who was a bartender by trade, had opened up a new place. “Hey pal, I haven’t seen you in ages!” Ray greeted Ekyt. One look at Ekyt’s downcast face curbed Ray’s enthusiasm. “You okay kid?” Ekyt shifted his gaze to his friend. The sixty-something, gray haired Italian from New York City had been Ekyt’s friend and confidant for over a year, and he knew the young man was a special case. “Apparently I’m supposed to die.” Ekyt said bitterly. Ray coughed, hurting his ribs (He was shot by Rouge and a robot version of Chris in previous issues -NG) slightly. “What?” Ekyt looked him in the eyes. “Apparently, by not sacrificing myself in the past, I’ve ruined the future.” Ray gave him a quizzical look. Then he pulled out a twelve-gauge shotgun and fired. Ekyt ducked down. One of those monsters that had been attacking the Thorndyke mansion was bleeding. Ekyt took the gun from Ray and fired at close range, making sure the thing was ruined. “Kid…don’t go doing anything crazy.” Ray said with a grin. “I’ve got to do something…Especially if these stupid things keep attacking…” Ray gave him a hard look. “You’re not gonna pull that death stuff again are ya?” Ekyt shook his head. “No. I’m not dying for a cause I’m not even sure about. And definitely not intentionally.” Ekyt left, with Ray shaking his head. He reloaded the shotgun. There would probably be more of these things.

The group sat around the master emerald, still discussing what to do. Ekyt returned. “There’s only one way to stop this.” Tikal looked up. “How? All hope is lost…” “Not yet… I think it’s time for another trip to the past.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on March 1, 2007, 6:43:00 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogOOh, can't wait to read the next chapter! ^-^

ShyWanderer043 on February 28, 2007, 6:35:09 AM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043Awesome chapter, i cant wait to see what happens in the future n_n