Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 75 - Nothing to Lose

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 75 - Nothing to Lose

Chapter 75 - Nothing to Lose
A rowdy looking gang walked into the bar, staring down the solitary human sitting at the counter. “That’s him alright!” one yelled, and the others agreed. Ekyt turned around slowly. “Hmm? Do I know you?” he asked, intentionally being irritating. “Yeah, I’m the guy whut ya threw in da slammer.” “You’ll have to be more specific, moron, there are a lot of you I’ve “Thrown in da slammer.” Ekyt didn’t care about the violence. No Linda…

“You little punk! We’se gonna tear you apart.” Ekyt calmly sipped his drink. “Really. I didn’t happen the first time, when I busted you. If you want round two, go for it. Just keep in mind, I have nothing to lose.” The man marched menacingly forward. Ekyt tossed his drink over his shoulder, hitting the man and spreading ice cubes on the floor. Four of the thugs went down. That left about twenty more. Ekyt picked up the bar stools, one by one, and heaved them at the criminals. One threw a beer bottle, which hit Ekyt in the face, shattering. Blood streamed down his face, but Ekyt was to consumed by anger to even notice. Instead, he jumped over the bar. “Ray, how long until the cops come?” Ekyt asked. “Ten minutes.” Ray answered. “That’s not good. Alright. Put the damage on my tab.” Ray chuckled at that.

Linda reached down to pick up what Ekyt had dropped. It was a piece of the master emerald, with a note. The note simply read “I’m sorry. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me; I was only doing what needed to be done. If not, then I hope you can hate me for the right reasons.” She clutched the emerald shard, not knowing whether she could forgive him or not.

Amy walked around Station Square with Klein, who was silent except for answering her questions. Who knew, he could save the world, but not talk to a girl? Did that even make sense?

Ekyt tipped over a golf arcade game, taking four goons out of the picture. Only twenty left. Ekyt tipped over a table and rolled it at the crooks, forcing them to move out of the way. He steamrolled five before one got a hand on him. Ekyt grabbed a decorative hockey helmet off the wall and hit him with it, before throwing the helmet. Down to eighteen after the helmet broke one of their noses.

Linda and Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog) walked down the sidewalk, talking. Flash (Flashthehedgehog) caught up to them. “I just heard about this. What is going on?” Flash asked, exasperated. “He destroyed the last link to my childhood…I can’t forgive him for that.” “He had no choice Linda, you know that. Just wait until the bitterness goes away. You’re entitled to be bitter, but imagine how HE feels!” Tiffany told her. “Yeah. That’s be a heckuva choice to have to make.” Flash agreed. They were walking by the bar when a huge man flew out the window. The three looked at each other and said as one: “Ekyt!”

They kicked open the doors to find one man stirring. Ekyt was crouched, focused on the man. He ran across the room and put his full body weight into him. He picked up another, semi-conscious man and threw him across the room. One last man reached for a chair. Ekyt watched, almost cruelly, before stepping on his arm. “You think you’re gonna get that chair? Uh-uh-uh!” Ekyt threw him onto the bar. Comically, he slid him down the bar, through the glasses and bottles that were still on it, before dropping him off the bar. Seemingly bored, he ducked behind the bar, checking on Ray. “I would’ve fought kid.” “I know Ray. But you just got out of the hospital, try to stay out a little longer.” Ekyt said, grinning. “You’re gonna need stitches for that cut.” Ray pointed to where the bottle had hit him. “Do you have any tape?” Ekyt asked. Ray pointed to a drawer. Ekyt dumped some water on the cut and then taped it closed. “The police will be here soon. Do you want me to stick around?” Ekyt asked. Ray chuckled. “No. I’ll tell the police the vigilante wrecked them. Like they’d believe an old man like me could pull it off.” Ekyt smiled. “Thanks Ray. See you later.”

Ekyt stopped, seeing the three stunned figures in the doorway. He stared back, not saying a word. “Was that necessary?” Tiffany asked. “Yup.” Ekyt said simply. Not unkindly, just quick. “Where the heck did these guys come from?” Flash asked in wonder. “Jailbreak.” Ekyt said, again very quickly. “If you’ll pardon me, I need to go find a new place to live.” One man moved by the door. Ekyt kicked him, watching dispassionately as a tooth hit his shoe.

“Okay, that’s not normal for him.” Linda said, distressed by his actions. “Well, I’m thinking he was under so much stress, and the break-up kind of brought it to the surface.” Tiffany pointed out. “It exploded from the surface. These guys will be lucky if they can ever move again.” Flash mentioned, looking down at the twenty thugs that littered the floor. “I know that was self defense…but good Lord! This is carnage!” Linda exclaimed. Ray looked over to her. “I don’t know the full story, but he said something about “Not having anything to lose.” That made them all think.

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ShyWanderer043 on March 22, 2007, 8:46:11 AM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043poor Ekyt....he is really a mess right now...
 
Klein: he...hey...wha...what about me...i'm here with amy and you know how nervous i get when i'm around her...somebody help me...what am i supose to do...

nextguardian on March 22, 2007, 2:03:05 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianYour day is coming Klein, hang in there!

Flashthehedgehog on March 19, 2007, 4:45:19 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogGood action filled chapter, I didn't expect Flash to be in there. ^^ Thanks

nextguardian on March 19, 2007, 10:02:37 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianNo
Problem
Amigo

or

NPA

Shadowthe_hedgehog on March 18, 2007, 1:57:24 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogDang, harsh. Cool chapter ^^

nextguardian on March 19, 2007, 10:02:13 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianlol, which part? :D

Shadowthe_hedgehog on March 19, 2007, 11:35:25 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogumm, all of it? LOL, jk

nextguardian on March 19, 2007, 2:53:49 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianWell, just for the record, This was supposed to be the defining moment where Ekyt "snaps." Like, "I have had enough, don't mess with me!" Kind of like Linda keeps the Ying to his Yang, or something like that...

Shadowthe_hedgehog on March 19, 2007, 3:06:23 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogheh, yeah, I figured that out ^-^

nextguardian on March 20, 2007, 6:39:32 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianDid I take it to far? Ekyt's not supposed to be cold-blooded...

Shadowthe_hedgehog on March 20, 2007, 8:28:45 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehognope, It's fine ^^