Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 77 - Amazing and Depressing

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 77 - Amazing and Depressing

Chapter 77 - Amazing and Depressing
“I’m tired of this. I’ll stick around here until that kid can walk. Then I’m outta here.” Sonic looked over at Ekyt. “Leaving? Look, just because Linda’s a little confused, you don’t have to go. Station Square is safer now.” “I don’t know Sonic. There’s a good number of heroes here.” “And when we get back to our planet, you’ll be the only one left!” “It won’t do me any good then. Linda will go back with you, and you’ll battle on like nothing ever happened.” Sonic admitted he had a point. “You’ll work it out man.”

“Greg, are you done?” Nurse Lodge asked. “Yes ma’am. Thank you.” “Well, you’re cheerful today! That visit did you good!” “He believes I can do it. He told me that us tough guys have to stick together.” The nurse smiled at him.

Ekyt limped in. “Excuse me, sir!” The nurse came running up. “Thank you for cheering that boy up. He hasn’t said so much to me in ages.” Ekyt smiled solemnly. “I’m glad it helped him. I just told him what I’m sure everyone says: He’ll walk again.” The nurse frowned. “Please, don’t get his hopes up. We promised his parents would come back. I don’t think he can stand another let down.”

“Linda, c’mon, you’re miserable. Take him back.” Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog) pleaded. “I can’t. He destroyed the last link to my old life.” “He had no choice.” Flash (Flashthehedgehog) pointed out. “Flash, would you go get us some drinks?” “Why me?” “Because this is gonna be girl talk and” “GONE!”

“Hey Greg, how’re you doing man?” Ekyt asked. “I’m gonna walk.” Greg said. “Good news from the doctor?” “No, just a gut feeling.” Greg said with a broad smile. “I can make it up to the door! A week ago, I couldn’t get out of bed!” Greg got up, using the cane Ekyt had given him. He made it to the door. “Tag!” He limped back to bed, but got up instantly. “Ekyt…there’s no pain…but… I…I can feel my leg again!” Ekyt was amazed. “You can?” “Yeah! Get a doctor!” Ekyt nodded. “Hold on man, got a little something for ya.” Ekyt handed him a package. “Open it later. Let me get that doctor.”

“Listen, if you didn’t love him, you wouldn’t be so miserable.” Tiffany pointed out. “I just can’t forgive him.” “He didn’t do it maliciously. He saved the world! Did you think that maybe, if he hadn’t done what he did, NONE of us would be here.” Linda stopped stirring her drink. “I know. It’s selfish. But I can’t let go… I should get someone like me anyway. When I go back to our home world, he can’t come.” “Do you honestly believe he wouldn’t?” Tiffany asked her. “Look, all I know is that you’ve got think this through.”

Doctor Kornfield and Doctor Holmes checked the boy’s leg. “It’s amazing…Not unheard of, but rare.” Kornfield said, amazed. Holmes was the more encouraging of the two. “You’re a tough kid Greg. I’m happy for you. We’ll find you a home, and you can go.” He gave Greg a high five and left, amazed. “It’s thanks to you Ekyt. You’re a hero.” No I’m not.” “I had given up. I was never going to get out of here. You gave me hope.” Ekyt smiled. “I do what I can. Hey, do you know anything about girls?” Ekyt asked, his face twisted. “Sure! When I was in school, I had a great girlfriend!” He handed Ekyt a picture of a young redhead in a white and blue blouse and a jean skirt. “Lucky!” Ekyt said. It reminded him of Linda. “So what’s your trouble?” Greg asked. “If you had a choice between saving the world, and keeping your girlfriend, what would you do?” Ekyt asked. He looked out the window; it was a nice day, few clouds and a great amount of sunshine. “I’d save the world.” Greg said instantly. “That was quick! Why?” “Well, if there’s no world for us to live in what’s the point of saving just her?” Ekyt shook his head. “I’ve got a picture of my girlfriend…well, ex, I guess. Would you believe that I had to make the same choice I just described to you? She didn’t take it well. Not that I blame her…” Ekyt handed him a picture. Greg raised an eyebrow. “Geez, chicks dig the vigilantes?” Ekyt almost cried when he said that, it was hilarious coming from a ten year old. “No, they dig the pathetic underdogs, like me. Well, she did.”

A doctor walked in. “Greg, we have a home for you! Come and meet your family!” Ekyt watched from a distance as a middle-aged couple came in. The lady had blonde hair and was dressed to the nine’s. The man looked like a hard worker, a flannel shirt and khakis. Greg walked over to them, the doctor commenting on his amazing recovery. Greg whispered something to the parents, who smiled and nodded. “You get packed up while we talk to him.”

The doctor motioned for Ekyt to follow them. The parents introduced themselves as “Chris and Donna.” “Greg was just saying how much you’ve done for him, visiting him. And, well, we talked about it, and we’d like you to be his Godfather.” Donna said. “And before you say it, we know who you are, your past, and it’s fine. You’ve got a good heart.” Chris said. “I appreciate that. I’d be honored.” Ekyt said. “Thank you. We’ll tell Greg.” “I gave him my address, in that package.” Ekyt said. “Oh good. Thank you again.” Ekyt nodded.

Good thing he was able to make someone else’s life better. He wasn’t doing his own any favors.

Sonic was chilling. With Eggman gone, there wasn’t much to do. He spotted something in the distance. “Huh?” He got up. “I’m gonna check this out.”

Eggman laughed. “That’s it hedgehog…race right into my trap…”

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on April 1, 2007, 1:28:20 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAwesome! COOL, Greg can walk now! Love the chapter, keep it up ^_~

Flashthehedgehog on March 31, 2007, 3:36:34 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogWoah that was an amazing chapter. Really. It's good to see Flash hanging out with girls even if it did escape from their tedious girl talk. I hate girls! Don't get confused I know I'm one

nextguardian on March 31, 2007, 12:23:56 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianFlash's part was written on something based on my personal experience. *shudder* :p