Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 78 - Cheesy Rider

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 78 - Cheesy Rider

Chapter 78 - Cheesy Rider
“Ray, how’s the new hotel coming?” Ekyt asked. Ray glanced over the bar. “Kid, are you a miracle worker?” Ekyt laughed. “Hardly. A miracle worker could keep a girl.” “Point taken, but how many guys out there inspire a kid to walk?” “He did it, not me. I just happened to be there.” Ray chuckled. “To answer your question, the hotel’s coming along great.” “Cool. How much for a long-term guest?” Ekyt asked, his voice flat. “You? Tell you what, double as my security guard, no charge.” “Deal.”

Linda was mentally absent from the rest of the world. That became apparent when she walked into a kid leaving his high school. “Sorry.” She muttered. The kid was an average-looking fifteen year old, dressed in jeans and a black “Limp Bizkit” shirt. He had a leather trench coat on, and his hair was gelled; he looked like a biker. “Can I give you a ride home?” he asked, sounding genuinely nice. “That’s be nice. What’s your name?” Linda asked. “I’m Jeff. And you are?” “Linda.” “Charmed. Hold on.” He swung on the bike and kicked it.

Klein (ShyWanderer43) and Amy were just crossing the street when the bike roared by. The one driving it laughed. “Hey, pedestrians have the right of way jerk!” Amy yelled. Klein looked at the bike mildy, before he forced a section of road to stop it. “Road rage doesn’t suit you baby boy.” Amy taunted. Having Klein around made her feel brave.

Ekyt sat at the desk, looking out the window. “Excuse me sir.” A ticked-off looking woman was giving Ekyt a look. “Can I help you?” “I certainly hope so. I can’t get my car out because of that section of road.” “I can give you the phone number for the highway department and- wait. Section of road?” “Yes, it’s like a mountain. Please do something about it. And don’t tell me you can’t…HEY!” Ekyt pushed past her. That sounded like Klein’s work, and since he wasn’t the type to flash his powers around, that meant trouble.

“They’ve got a point.” Linda said (Referring to Amy.) “Hey doll face, let me handle this. HEY YOU FREAK! YOU WANNA TRY THAT AGAIN?” Klein was about to do just that, but Amy stopped him. “No, let him be. He’s an idiot.”

Ekyt walked out, striding toward the group. The mask was back on his face. A new one, in fact. A solid black one. “Is something wrong?” he said in a growl. “Yeah, this freak just blew up the road for no reason!” “Hah! You almost ran us down, you brain-dead moron!” Amy shouted back. Klein and Linda shook their heads, embarrassed by this. “He’s not a freak. And if he put that road in front of you, he had a good reason.” “Screw you, sideshow! Me and this echidna babe are going cruising!” Ekyt grabbed him by the coat. “No. You’re gonna sit around and wait for the cops. And you’re gonna behave yourself.” Ekyt snarled. Jeff grabbed Ekyt by the coat. “Forget it. And if you’re gonna stop me…” “I am. Now relax.” Jeff pushed Ekyt. Linda winced. “Jeff, you shouldn’t do that…” “Mind your own business toots. I got this!” He threw a punch at Ekyt. Ekyt jumped and grabbed onto the lamp post, swing around it and down behind him. “I don’t want to have to fight you…” Another swing, another miss. “Stand still, you carnival sideshow!” His next punch landed. This kid had been in fights before, because the punch was a solid blow to the jaw. Blood dripped out from under the mask. It barely registered as he flew by Linda, delivering a series of kicks. Low, middle high. Ekyt balanced effortlessly. He blocked a punch with his forearm, and retaliated with an elbow, which narrowly missed. The foot that followed up forced Ekyt to spin to the side, but that gave him momentum to kick. The other guy hit the dirt, going for a sweep on Ekyt’s legs.

The fight was raging when Linda saw the back of Jeff’s jacket. He was a Hornet. (Gang member- NG) No wonder he could fight…and Ekyt was in trouble, because that guy had a knife, if not a gun.

Ekyt had his back against the wall. Jeff flicked his switchblade. “End o’ the line. I’m gonna score some big points for taking you down. The boss has been waiting for this for a long time.” Suddenly, the thug collapsed after a sharp “Crack!” sound was heard. Linda was rubbing her eyes. Ekyt thought it was her. Instead, he was looking into Greg’s grinning face. “You were right! Canes are great for self-defense!”

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on April 19, 2007, 2:09:10 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogWoah great chapter. I'm sorry I didn't read it when you uploaded it.

ShyWanderer043 on April 15, 2007, 10:43:54 AM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043Another great chapter to the story! *Votes Good*

Shadowthe_hedgehog on April 15, 2007, 5:30:40 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAwesome chapter! Nice work