Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 79 - The Beast Awakens

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 79 - The Beast Awakens

Chapter 79 - The Beast Awakens
Rage, Fear, and Spike were the three members of the Hornets with the power to convince the head boss to do the full frontal assault. “You see, if we flood the city now, it’s ours.”

Linda, pressed against the wall, heard it all. There was only one person would believe her straight-out. She hated to go to him, though. She had heard rumors that he had lost touch when she broke up with him. But there was no choice. Sonic was helping Knuckles on Angel Island, as was Tails.

Ekyt stood on the closed overpass. It was almost midnight. (bold is Ekyt thinking) It’s been a week since the last time we met…Greg is doing great. I said I’d leave when he could walk. I didn’t give any consideration as to where. If only the town could leave and I could stay… Hearing a noise behind him, Ekyt spun to face his attacked, only to find a frazzled Linda. “We’ve got to talk…it’s an emergency.”

Ekyt knew when she said “emergency,” she wasn’t referring to their relationship. She spoke in hushed tones, telling him what she had heard. It was daybreak when she was finished. She saw that his eyes bore considerable pain; pain that he had tried to keep hidden. “I’ll handle it. Just get everyone out of here.” “Out of the area?” “No. Out of the city. This is something I have to do.” “They’ll kill you…” “I gave up everything except life to save the world…I’m going to handle this alone.” He swept away from her.

“He’s being stupid!” Linda told Tiffany and Flash (Shadowthe_hedgehog and Flashthehedgehog, respectively.) in an urgent voice. “If it’s personal, we let him handle it…” Tiffany said, holding up a hand to ward off Linda’s argument. “UNTIL he can’t handle himself…then we’ll step in.” Flash nodded his agreement. “He’s a tough cookie. Strange, but tough. I heard he’s crazy.” Flash made a face. Tiffany shot him a look. “You know perfectly well he isn’t! I’ve got to find Kurt, he can help we warn the others.”

Station Square was evacuated. The Hornets, thinking they had won, walked the streets. Ekyt stood alone at the corner of Eastman and Otis. The street light shining on him made him scarier. The gang stopped. They numbered a hundred even in Station Square. The thought that one guy was going to take them down was laughable.

Ekyt stared them down. His heart hurt. He was fighting for nothing other than the fact it was the right thing to do. He warily raised his staff. The gang laughed and out came the pipes and bats. Ekyt, seemingly nonplussed, stared ahead at them. He walked forward slowly.

The two forces clashed. Ekyt’s staff had the longest reach, so he kept them at bay. He was hit with a pipe early. He stared at the person who through it. “He’s not human!” “Why didn’t he go down?!” Ekyt kept walking forward, ignoring it. The thoughts came back to him. She dumped you because you saved the world…you’re not accepted or respected…Isn’t it time you moved on?…Quitter…Loser…Freak… Ekyt burst forward, furiously attacking. Ten members went down. Then twenty. Then forty. It seemed that the anger had awakened something dark inside him. That pipe should have hurt more…[/b]

“My God…” Linda muttered. She had caused this. And yet, she couldn’t forgive him. She loved him, but she couldn’t get over what he had done, no matter what was hanging in the balance. She watched as the pipe hit him in the head. A trickle of blood was the only thing that showed that he might have felt it.

Kick, punch, elbow, all in rapid fire succession. His staff blocked two strikes while his leg flashed out at another. He seemed tireless…But the caring just wasn’t there. It occurred to him that caring was what was holding him back. By not caring about anyone or anything, he could demolish the opposition without a second thought…

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on April 28, 2007, 10:08:19 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogWOW, exciting chapter ^^ nice work

Flashthehedgehog on April 24, 2007, 4:49:11 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogYou're last sentence is a valid point. I have those moments but the only way I frighten people is by running towards with my hands in the air and sreaming. Just kidding.