Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 89 - Akward...

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 89 - Akward...

Chapter 89 - Akward...
Despite Ray’s advice, Ekyt kind of drifted. He hated to think of himself as moping, but he guessed it was permissible. Almost a year with the girl; one he could have sworn was “The one.” It all ended in one fell swoop. One that he himself had caused.

It didn’t help that his best efforts didn’t seem to be helping the crime rate. Fresh in the wake of being blamed for Sonic and friends leaving (Which he admitted to himself was true, right or wrong), the crime rate spiked. He was the only one left to fight it. And he was, though he hated to admit it, human.

So he trained harder. At least Greg stayed with him. Greg got into the training too. Every morning, they ran, doing stairs and leaping over any obstacles in their way. It was getting hot, so they took to running on the beach.

Greg and Ekyt were getting in great shape. To the point where two girls, one about twenty and her twelve-year-old sister, gave them the eye. Ekyt smiled tolerantly as Greg jogged in place, cutting a muscular pose. He gave Ekyt an innocent “Who…me?” look. Ekyt shrugged as a way of saying, “suit yourself.” The older girl got up and gave Ekyt an interested look. For his part, Ekyt raised a questioning eyebrow, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

It did.

“It’s you!” she exclaimed. Ekyt cursed under his breath. “Freak!” She slapped him across the face. He turned with the blow, saying nothing. “You’re the one who sent Sonic home! I hate guys like you!” Ekyt, losing his temper, finally shot back. “And I hate girls like you. The ones that aren’t too fussy about who they” “Ekyt!” Greg wagged a finger. “C’mon, man, this tramp ain’t worth your time.” Greg said with a laugh, tossing his sunglasses to the younger of the two girls, who blew him a kiss. Ekyt stifled a laugh. “Get out of my sun! I’m trying to get an all-over tan!” The girl who had slapped Ekyt yelled at him. “That’s asking a lot of the sun, isn’t it?” He returned, while Greg laughed. She got up, pointing a finger in his face. “How dare you say that to my face?” “I’d say it to your back, but my car’s only got half a tank of gas.” Greg was now crying, he was laughing so hard. The girl sputtered incoherently, while her little sister laughed. “Have a nice day!” Ekyt called back as he and Greg ran off, Greg roaring with laughter.

On Sonic’s World (Henceforth “Planet Freedom”), things had reached a critical point. Shadow and Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog) geared up to use chaos control. Two Egg pawns (Eggman’s robots) marched in. Tiffany moved, but one shot Shadow. “Shadow!” Kurt tried to get to him, but Tiffany held him back. The two robots were suddenly hit from behind. Knuckles burst his way into the room. “Eggman’s almost here!” “Without Shadow, I can’t do this!” “Find Ekyt! Any fighters! Hurry! I’ll hold them off!” “Chaos Control!” Tiffany called, just as a group of bullets strayed toward her and Kurt.

Ekyt was working with his swords, while teaching Greg how to fight with a staff. “Good job! I- what the” People in the street were crowding around a flash of light. Ekyt could see a panicked Tiffany at the center. “Tiffany? How did she get here?” He noticed the chaos gemstone cross around her neck. He and Greg pushed their way through the silenced crowd. At the same time, Klein (ShyWanderer43) came from the other side. “We need you guys! Planet Freedom is almost done for!” Tiffany exclaimed. Klein seemed happy (A chance to see Amy) while Ekyt looked determined. “I’m ready. Greg, you head home and” “Like heck I will, I’m coming too!”

Linda dodged in between soldiers, firing her own weapon, taking out the advancing robots. Only her and Sonic were really holding back the invasion. But they were outnumbered, and even Sonic had limits. She heard a blast, and ducked low, throwing her gun arm over her eyes and opening her mouth so the pressure from the backblast wouldn’t destroy her eardrums.

When she opened her eyes, she gaped in surprise. Ekyt, Greg, and Klein were fighting back the invasion. Ekyt and Greg’s staff attacks were driving the robots back, while Klein’s elemental devestation ripped through them. The robots were ordered to retreat.

That’s when Ekyt and Linda saw each other. It was akward, to say the least. “Hi.” She managed. “Hi.” He returned…

UH-OH! AKWARD MOMENT, AND MORE TO COME! WITH EKYT AND LINDA BACK ON THE SAME PLANET, WILL THEIR LOVE REKINDLE? AND THE WAR ISN’T OVER, NO WAY! STAY TUNED!

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on June 13, 2007, 2:19:35 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogLMAO the beach scene has gotta be one of the most funniest thing's I've ever read. I have got to try that on someone (even though I am a girl) Oh yeah and the rest of the chapters cool too.

nextguardian on June 13, 2007, 11:21:25 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianThank you^^ I wish I could take credit for coming up with all of those lines. A few are mine, but some were from Married with Children. Glad you liked it though!

Shadowthe_hedgehog on June 11, 2007, 3:38:19 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogOMG, love the chapter! must... read... more *faints* so overdramatic, I know :D

nextguardian on June 11, 2007, 3:58:02 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianHey, don't knock it! Jim Carrey made his career overacting! XD

Shadowthe_hedgehog on June 11, 2007, 4:04:24 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogLOL, I tend to overdo it sometimes ^-^ my friend gets mad at me when I put "*dies*" on IM because I actually pretend that I'm dead XD

alchemest1 on July 10, 2007, 5:01:52 AM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Hey, your a cat your not supposed to play dead! That's my species' job! (laughes and growls in mock Aggrivation)

nextguardian on June 11, 2007, 4:22:43 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianlol, cool trick!

Shadowthe_hedgehog on June 11, 2007, 4:33:17 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehog:D yeah, she gets mad at me and forces me to draw pictures, I don't know what I'm going to do with her

nextguardian on June 11, 2007, 4:42:54 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianI know, I know! Submit those pictures! That, or color a picture with a black pencil and tell her that "It's a black bear attacking a campsite at midgnight." XD

Shadowthe_hedgehog on June 11, 2007, 4:53:27 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogLOL, what, trying to get me to submit more pics? hehe, She recently gave me a request that if I don't finish, she's going to hurt me! *hides* I don't want another punch in the shoulder

nextguardian on June 11, 2007, 5:27:44 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianLol, ah, friendship!

And, yeah, I am trying to get you to submit more pics. They're good, and I can't draw, sooooo...

Shadowthe_hedgehog on June 11, 2007, 5:54:28 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogLOL, well, I have a sketchbook full of pictures, I'm just too lazy to scan them... sadly...

nextguardian on June 12, 2007, 4:03:37 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianBetter than my problem...halfway through, I decide my pics totally suck, and I destroy them, with plans on burning the evidence they ever existed to protect my remaining integrity...0_o XD

Shadowthe_hedgehog on June 12, 2007, 10:10:13 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogyeah, I would do that to half of my pics, but my friend would kill me >>'

nextguardian on June 12, 2007, 11:36:17 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianYou must have fun friends XD

Shadowthe_hedgehog on July 10, 2007, 2:33:16 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogyeah, she seriously hates it when I try to get rid of my pics, I've managed to throw away... *counts* 2... maybe Oo

ShyWanderer043 on June 11, 2007, 3:57:28 AM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043*Pounds on his computer desk over and over again* MORE, MORE, MORE, I DEMAND MORE!
 
*Klein then hits him on the back of his head*
 
(Klein): Stop it...you are making yourself look stupid....

nextguardian on June 11, 2007, 1:56:21 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianEkyt (Talking to Klein): My creator is totally goofy, you don't have to worry about YOURS looking stupid, mines got it covered!

ShyWanderer043 on June 12, 2007, 11:06:21 AM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043Klein (Talking to Ekyt): *Laughs a bit with eyes closed and then says* Yeah...i've could tell...