Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Building the Legacy

A dark version of the freedom fighter days. contains mild language and mildly risque scenes

Chapter 3 - Building the Legacy

Chapter 3 - Building the Legacy
The journey to Robotropolis was a long one. It would take two days to enter it strategically. Robotnik had been anticipating their arrival, and they were welcomed with trap after trap that forced them to work together. A net trapped Knuckles. Ekyt, who looked the least muscular of the group, showed his usefulness. He shimmied up the tree and threw his staff (Thats his signature weapon- N.G.) at the nets focal point. It tumbled to the ground, where Shadow caught Knuckles in the net. Then he dropped him. Ekyt leapt down in Shadows face again. Id be more careful next time. Was all he said. Shadow rushed blindly forward, angry, when Ekyt grabbed him by the quills. Shadow pushed him backward, hard, then saw what happened. Ekyt stopped him from falling into a pit of spikes. Sonic almost juiced into a wall that popped up (Kind of like a toaster works) had it not been for tails flying him over it at the last second. Tails got caught by a robotic arm that Sonic destroyed with a spindash.

Sally woke up first. Then Julie-Su, then Linda-Su. Hope, who was ten years old at the most, and Amy Rose, awoke much later. They were all tied up, back to back to back to back (etc). Robotnik loomed over them. Glad you could join me girls. Robotnik! I should have know! What do you have planned you fat fiend? Ill ignore that remark Princess. Robotication. But, oh look, here comes the calvary! Robotnik saw the small group outside, getting closer. COMBOTS! GET THE INTRUDERS! ALIVE&OR OTHERWISE! Sally gulped. Combots were bad. Really bad. Between their invisibility powers, and the fact that they were extraordinarily sturdy, even for robots, made them awful to deal with. Sonic will stop you! He always does! Sally yelled out. I doubt it princess, but I have backup plans, just in case. Well, I see you have a new member in your little group. A human? Him? Hes not one of us! Hes a guardian! And you know what they can do, dont you moron? Amy Rose said. Be quiet, you little pest, or youll be first!

The group stopped for the night. Ekyt stayed up, taking guard duty. His own idea, nobody else knew. The air was crisp, but he didnt seem to notice. He heard a footstep, and turned to face Shadow. I dont trust you. Shadow said simply. Oh well. Trust is something earned, and Ill have your respect someday. Ekyt answered, wanted to avoid a confrontation. Shadow disappeared again. Ekyt heard another step.

It was a shy-looking Tails. Hey, Ekyt, Im sorry to bother you, but youre the only one awake. No problem. Whats up. I-Im worried about Amy. Ekyt smiled understandingly. I kinda guessed you had a crush on her. Shell be fine, dont worry. Tails was no dummy. Youve got a crush on that girl echidna dont you? Ekyt rolled his eyes. Yeah. Tails smiled. I wont tell if you wont. Deal. Youd better get some rest buddy.

Clang. Step. Clang. Wake up! Combots! Ekyt yelled. One struck him hard, but he stayed on his feet, kicking the mud below him, covering the combot. Getting an idea, he yelled Hey Shadow! Duck! He threw a handful of mud over Shadows shoulder, where it stuck to- thin air?

Combots! Ekyt drew his staff and backed up. Two had Knuckles back to a tree. Ekyt smacked one on the head, leapt up and wrenched its head while Knuckles punched its neck, destroying the bot. Sonic raced around three bots with guns, drawing their fire. They all hit each other. Shadow grabbed ones legs while Tails held its arms. Tails flew upward, breaking the bot in half. In minutes, all the bots lay broken.

Another figure approached the group. It was Geoffrey Saint John. I thought something stunk! Sonic exclaimed. Whadda ya want, Geoff?) (Geoffrey Saint John is head of the Kings secret service and bodyguard. Hes in love with princess Sally, therefore he hates Sonic. Hes not one of my characters, hes from the original Archie Comics). Geoffrey drew his crossbow. Im going to save the princess. And youre not Gloryhog. In an instant, Ekyt was in front of Sonic, taking the arrow on his ribs. Get outta the way mate! Hey! What are you doing bloke? Ekyt, made no indication he felt the arrow other than pulling it out. If you dont leave, youre going to eat this. Oh, and some little human daisy is gonna make me? Geoffrey St. John walked away with splinters on his tongue. What was that about? Sonic asked. Guardians dont show pain. Ekyt said simply. Where do you fit in Knux? Sonic snickered.

No one could sleep after that. They moved on, finally meeting the foreboding steel doors of Robotniks fortress. Sonic opened them quickly. They entered the long hallway carefully. AMBUSH! yelled Tails. Swatbots came out. Only three. You guys move on, Ill handle these guys! Ekyt told them. They did. Ekyt fought off two, but one self-destructed. A piece of metal caught Ekyt in the leg as the last remaining swatbots punched him. Ekyt hit the wall, ankle twisted and bleeding from the metal.

Sonic opened the doors to Robotniks lab. Its over RoButtnik! Robotnik hit a button his console. Think so, rodent? he yelled from his hovercraft. Well, hedgehog, youve got a choice, you can chase me, or you can save your friends! What are you rapping about? Knuckles called out. Look down, cretin! A chaos emerald-powered bomb. Right beneath the girls. Thirty (30) seconds remained. That wasnt even fast enough for Sonic. Suddenly, a blur flew in. Ekyt held a power ring. Pausing for a split-second, he tossed Shadow his emerald. Chaos Shield!

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on October 1, 2006, 11:37:37 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehogoh wow. Robotnik sounded really cool at the beginning, well done.

Any in case you're thinking 0_o, I have tendency to like the bad guys, but I don't really like Robotnik...but anyway moving on ^^

Shadowthe_hedgehog on September 27, 2006, 3:13:29 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAWESOME ^_^

Violet_Rose on September 27, 2006, 1:03:18 PM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseI'm lovin' How it's goin'! ^_^