Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Future Shock- Part 2 of ?

A dark version of the freedom fighter days. contains mild language and mildly risque scenes

Chapter 7 - Future Shock- Part 2 of ?

Chapter 7 - Future Shock- Part 2 of ?
The two combatants, Ekyt on the side of good, Robotnik on the side of evil, fought. History would describe the battle in different ways. But one thing that could never be contested was the winner. Before we get to the history, let us look at what happened that day, 14 years in the future.
Ekyt threw Robotnik out of his hovercraft, and started hitting buttons. A sexless computer voice announced ONE MINUTE UNTIL SELF-DESTRUCT! ONE MINUTE UNTIL SELF-DESTRUCT! ONE MINUTE- Robotnik hit Ekyt with the butt end of a rifle. Ekyt kicked it away. Robotnik, in desperation, knowing his life was probably forfeit, threw a white phosperous grenade. Ekyt kicked it into a corner. THIRTY SECONDS UNTIL SELF-DESTRUCT! Honey, take the kids and go! Ekyt yelled to Linda-Su. Im not going to leave! This place is going up! Ekyt looked her in the eyes. I know. Please. Take care of them. Robotnik hit Ekyt hard. He flew back into the concrete wall, his ribs forcing some to crumble. Robotnik stabbed down with a knife. Ekyt, tasting the copper-salt taste of his own blood, grabbed the knife with the one arm that wasnt injured. It hit his ribs. Go! He choked out. TEN SECONDS UNTIL SELF-DESTRUCT! Robotnik retrived the rifle and aimed it. Goodbye guardian. Your pitiful attempt at stopping me failed. Ekyts last breath summed up his life: No. You defeated yourself. Robotnik shot. Ekyt died instantly. SELF-DESTRUCT ACTIVATED! The building exploded.
Fragments rained down on the populous that had gathered. Those who were wearing hats and rags took them off and held them to their chest, all silent for the hero who had lost his life. Only then did a small cheer go up about Robotniks defeat. Paula-Su, eleven, was aware what happened. She tried to stay strong for her mother. Tears wouldnt bring her father back. Kurt, however, dug furiously. He found nothing. I cant even bury him.. Kurt broke down. Knuckles eased his away from the scene. They all looked on, as if by some miracle Ekyt would emerge alive. It had happened before, why not now. But hope was lost. There were robots to clean up, cities to rebuild, and dead to mourn. The years of tryranny had ended, but at a price. To most, it seemed fitting. To Linda-Su, it seemed as though the one strong link in her life lay dead beneath a ton of concrete and steel. She clutched the ring he had given her, hoping against hope he would come back to her some day.

PRESENT DAY:

Sonic dropped Ekyt in to doctor Quack. Dear Lord, what happened? He lost a ton of blood doc. Big fight. He won, but, ya know. Sonic said. He needs a transfusion. I need to get a volunteer. Right here, doc, strap me in! Sonic called. I dont know what side-effects he is going to have.. Speculate later doc. More action, less talk here! In minutes, Ekyt was stable. But he felt.. fast! After leaping off the table, thanking the doctor, and nodding to Sonic with a race ya! The two took off at light speed. The forest disappeared, and all of a sudden, Sonic and Ekyt his hit a building. What? Where are we? Ekyt looked around. Mobius. But not during our time. I think we rushed into the future. The two began to search. They were found quickly by an older animal, a dog. He was half metal. Flesh? You must come with me! We have been expecting you! Ekyt and Sonic followed, without really knowing why.

BACK TO THE FUTURE:

Ekyts death had been in vain. That much was apparent, only a day after his sacrifice. Robotnik had survived, and with one less leader, the resistance effort crumbled. They retreated to the underground bunkers. Linda-Su was in charge. Some didnt want to trust her, and the old you married a human flack came back. She finally snapped. You mock him? Hes dead, you self-absorbed jerks! Does it matter what species? No, it doesnt. If youre not down with helping us out, youre welcome to leave and be robot chow! I loved him, still do, always will. Anyone have a problem? She snarled. No one dared speak up. Good. I didnt think so. A knock came on the door, followed by a code. The code matched up with a dog, Sarroc (Sar- rock), who entered, with Ekyt and Sonic in tow. A hushed silence fell over the room. Linda, forgetting that this wasnt her husband (yet), hugged him, tears flowing freely. She remembered and apologized. Ekyt didnt understand, until he heard a whisper. But he was dead.. Silently, stunned, he turned. When did I die Linda? he asked solemnly. Only a day ago. But how? Long story. The big question is, can we save me? Apparently Im important. Ekyt said dryly, tossing a look at some creatures that had said some unkind things about his species. Well, someone, other than you, has to go back to yesterday and save you. Sonic volunteered, and as he was being prepped for his mission, Linda asked to speak with Ekyt. I know this is strange. You died yesterday, in a fight with Robotnik. You were both supposedly killed. I dont know how, but he survived the explosion and.. She explained the whole thing to Ekyt. Ekyt closed his eyes, trying to take it all in. D-Dad? A small, but strong voice asked. Ekyt, Id like you to meet your daughter. Ekyt felt his jaw drop. He stooped down to the eleven year old, who hugged him. A shocked Ekyt hugged back. Dad! I knew youd come back! Paula-Su exclaimed. Kurt! Dads alive! The green hedgehog raced in and hugged Ekyt, who looked over the hedgehogs shoulder at Linda. He eased the green hedgehog off, and Linda said something to the two kids. How did you and I.. I mean.. Im human, youre a.. Huh? Ekyt stammered while Linda laughed. I can explain. Lets go to our room.. I mean my room.. and talk privately. Sarroc, please make sure were not disturbed. Sonic is in charge. She said, leading Ekyt away.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Jo_Pen on October 11, 2006, 1:00:09 AM

Jo_Pen on
Jo_PenI'm trying to imagine a 'sexless' computer voice....@_o
Lol. Nice twists and turns, NG! There is real substance to your story! You definetly are a qualified writer, and I'm not saying that lightly...^_^

Violet_Rose on October 4, 2006, 5:16:19 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseCool chapter! ^_^

Flashthehedgehog on October 4, 2006, 2:08:03 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogOOh the bedroom! I'm sorry, lol

Nice sentiment with the kids ^^

Shadowthe_hedgehog on October 3, 2006, 10:18:01 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAWESOME CHAPTER ^^