Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Things Explained

A dark version of the freedom fighter days. contains mild language and mildly risque scenes

Chapter 8 - Things Explained

Chapter 8 - Things Explained
I get that I died, and I get that I married you..&But how did the two of us&.you know&.have a totally echidna girl? Ekyt asked Linda-Su awkwardly. She smiled tiredly. That was your wish at birth. You didnt want her to be ostracized the way you were. So we made sure the child would be echidna. But she got your hair. Linda said, smiling, looking younger instantly. Anyway, it happened right after we were married. In about 2 months, the egg hatched. You did a lot during those two months. Violet (Violet_Rose) and Shadow buried the hatchet, Eden (Violet_Rose) has sort of forgiven Sonic, and Flash and Blain, are still, well, Flash (Flashthehedgehog) and Blain (MrGimp). Then, a storm hit and destroyed Knothole. Thats when the resistance fell to Robotnik. You and I took charge and fought back. And its been that way for 14 years. Linda-Su suddenly spoke angrily. After you died, people began to get on my case about marrying outside of my species. Then you reappeared, and they acted nice to your face. Linda stopped as she could tell something didnt sit right with Ekyt. You mean, after all this time&..all we did&&They still dont accept me? They-& What will it take Linda? Ekyt asked solemnly. I gave my life for them, and what did they do? They dumped on my grave! Insensitive jerks! And they cant leave you alone either?! He stopped, shaking his head, then continued. You know Linda, theres a song, and part of it is perfect for this: And Ill die to win, cause Im born to lose (Firefly by Breaking Benjamin-NG). Linda had to admit that did sum the situation up.
Sarroc instructed Sonic. When you need to return, speak into the microphone. We will hear you across time. Sonic gave a thumbs up. No prob. I go rescue my buddy, zip back here, and they live happily ever after. And I go home, right? Thats it. Cool. Fire that time-thingy up, cause this hogs gonna jam!

(Back to yesterday- sounds like an 80s band, doesnt it?- NG)

SELF-DESTRUCT! ONE MINUTE UNTIL SELF-DESTRUCT! ONE MINUTE- Robotnik hit Ekyt with the butt end of a rifle. Ekyt kicked it away. Robotnik, in desperation, knowing his life was probably forfeit, threw a white phosperous grenade. Ekyt kicked it into a corner. THIRTY SECONDS UNTIL SELF-DESTRUCT! Honey, take the kids and go! Ekyt yelled to Linda-Su. Im not going to leave! This place is going up! Ekyt looked her in the eyes. I know. Please. Take care of them. Robotnik hit Ekyt hard. He flew back into the concrete wall, his ribs forcing some to crumble. Robotnik stabbed down with a knife. Ekyt, tasting the copper-salt taste of his own blood, grabbed the knife with the one arm that wasnt injured. It hit his ribs. Go! He choked out. TEN SECONDS UNTIL SELF-DESTRUCT! Robotnik retrived the rifle and aimed it. Goodbye guardian. Your pitiful attempt at stopping me failed. Wrong, Lord Lard! Sonic shouted. What? Hedgehog, youve ruined me for the last time! Sonic zipped around the room, drawing the fire away from Ekyt.
Ekyt couldnt believe what he was seeing. Somehow, though, he wasnt surprised. That makes no sense. Oh well, time to make the most of this. Tying his shirt around his wound, Ekyt grabbed his staff. THWACK! He broke it over Robotniks skull. Hell live. Weve gotta juice buddy! Grab on! Sonic told Ekyt. Right. Lets go! Sonic yelled into the mic Lets go! A flash of light left in their wake was all that was left. Robotnik couldnt believe it. SELF DESTRUCT INITIATED!


BAM!

Ekyt aged instantly when he unfolded from his crouched position. Being a guardian, he was all but immortal, but he could still show some age. The same with Linda-Su, who saw him coming. You did it! She yelled at Sonic, then ran to her husband. Ekyt smiled sadly in the background. You ready to go blue? You bet, lets blow this wacky place before something else happens! Ekyt held back a second. He walked over to his son and daughter. You two take care, okay? Ekyt told them. Paula laughed. Youre not my Dad. Well, not yet. Ekyt gave her a fond smile and hugged her. Kurt, you and Paula-Su keep in touch, okay? You ever need, you know where to find me. Oh, that reminds me. Ekyt pulled a picture out of his pocket. It was a group picture taken after a victory. You hold on to this, your mom wouldnt tell me why. Ekyt said to Kurt. Kurt nodded absently, too busy staring at a black and red hedgehog in the front row.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on October 21, 2006, 12:54:00 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAWW, that's cute ^^
I'm glad Ekyt survived