Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - From Beyond the Grave

A dark version of the freedom fighter days. contains mild language and mildly risque scenes

Chapter 12 - From Beyond the Grave

Chapter 12 - From Beyond the Grave
The ceremony began. It was decided Ekyt would go. Linda would hold his life inside her. Everyone knew what would happen if something went wrong.
Ekyt landed in front of Aurora and Athair. Locke was about to step through the portal to the echidna after life. Wait! Ekyt tore across the clouds. His death is wrong! Ekyt exclaimed. His time has come. Athair said sternly. He can offer so much! He knows things that have not yet been passed down. Be that as it may, he died. In the line of duty. Athair, with all due respect, you were the only one in the line of Edmund not to hold the mantle of guardian, while I speak from experience. We need him. Probe my mind, watch what happened! Whatever it takes. Locke deserves to live. Athair stepped forward. I have spoken my piece guardian. If you stay, you risk death. Aurora was a little more lenient. I wish to see these last moments. Kneel if you will guardian. Ekyt knelt down. She held a power ring to his head.

And there it was. Locke fighting, getting hit from all sides. Then, through Ekyts eyes, it showed him getting closer and fighting. Ekyt? How did you get here? Never mind that now Locke! Weve got bigger problems! Please, run now, while you still live. Locke pleaded. Im not going to leave you Locke. Then Lockes body fell.

Ekyt was unconscious during this. Aurora spoke to Athair. His point proves noble. Aurora argued. To her surprise, Athair smiled. As I knew it would. The young man is showing signs as guardian. As for Locke, perhaps it is in the humans best interest to learn from him. And he needs a mentor as well, a fireant. Archimedes is available and has already expressed desire to assist in future guardians. Ekyt stirred and woke up at this point. We see your point Guardian. Locke will live. Ekyt was too tired to cheer. Then came the killer. You must stay in his place. Ekyt looked over at Locke. I agree.
Knuckles was getting worried. Then Locke popped back. He did it! Thank God! Dad! Knuckles hugged his dad. Locke pushed him away gently. Knuckles, it happened before I could stop it. Ekyt has to stay in my place. And theres no way to reverse it. Linda-Su went numb. Suddenly, another pop. Ekyt was back. I can hardly think of a more worthy sacrifice Locke. Ekyt said with a smile. How did you..-? Everyone sputtered collectively. It was a test Locke. They wanted to see just how far I would go to keep you alive. I passed. Knuckles shook his head. Thank God they never gave me a test like that! Ekyt got up and excused himself. Where are you going? Mount Fate, I guess. I cant think of a better suited place.

Mount fate was made of the ashes of the charred chaos emeralds. Dmitri had been a scientist, and decided that he would rejoin Mobius and the Floating Island. Things went horribly wrong. Eleven shattered chaos emeralds coursed through his veins. He became mad with power. He was defeated. At that point.

Ekyt heard the rumblings below his feet. He jumped back. Dmitri! he stood defensively. Right you are. But I am so much more. All these years.. Wisdom has become my greatest weapon. If you were wise, youd crawly back into the hole you came from. Dmitri sneered and then spotted the white band across Ekyts upper chest. A guardian? I see it is my lucky night. Before Ekyt could react, Dmitri shot a blast of chaos energy, hitting him square in the chest. Ekyt fell down the mountain. He looked up and saw Dmitri ready to finish him.

GOTTA KEEP READING! DOES EKYT LIVE? FIND OUT NEXT TIME. THE NEXT GUARDIAN HAS BEEN REGENERATED, AND THATS CAUSE NG DOES WHAT OTHERS WONT! IF YOU WANT YOUR FAN CHARS IN, LET ME KNOW!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on November 15, 2006, 12:22:55 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogO_O OH I HOPE EKYT IS OKAY!

Great chapter NG