Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Are they for Real?

A dark version of the freedom fighter days. contains mild language and mildly risque scenes

Chapter 13 - Are they for Real?

Chapter 13 - Are they for Real?
Ekyt rolled across the ground, narrowly avoiding Dmitris shots. Thats no way for a dignified guardian to fight! Dmitri sneered. Ekyt stopped dead once he had some cover. Hes right. What kind of guardian am I? If he wants those emeralds so badly, hell have to kill me ten times over. No retreat, no surrender! Youre looking in the wrong place for easy fight Dmitri! Ekyt charged forward. His white band glowed and he sped up. He swiped at Dmitri, who flipped away and took another shot. This one hit Ekyts leg. But his adrenaline was going. Good thing. Because the Dark Legion had something to say about him being alive.

Knuckles band glowed. Ekyts in trouble. Sonic zipped out the door, calling out Lets juice gang! Were with ya Sugahog! Bunnie called. Oui. Antoine spat, unhappy with the situation. Right on! Nicole, project his wherabouts! Sally told her computer. Yes Princess. His coordinates are.. Linda-Su grabbed Ekyts trench coat and staff from his basement. Time to come out of retirement. She said to herself. (Shes referring to Ekyts resignation in issue 11 NG-)

Hmmm.. 20-1 odds huh? You seem to be out numbered. Dmirti commented, grinning unpleasantly. Its 2000 to 1, and Ive had worse. Ekyt spat. In a fit of rage, he tore at Dmitri, pounding him into the mountain. The Dark Legion closed in. Ekyt turned and threw punches, kicks, elbows, and knees at everyone who came near him. Finally, he stopped and climbed up Mount Fate. From there he saw the calvary.

Sally stayed back at Knothole with her security detail, which consisted of Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog), Kurt, and the still injured Locke. All the rest; Sonic, Knuckles, Linda-Su, and Julie-Su hustled to the Floating Island. When they arrived, Ekyt was on Mount Fate, throwing soldier after soldier back down. But he was overrun. Sonic decided a spindash would take care of some of the problem. Antoine and Bunnie charged forward. Antoine seemed to have second thoughts, though. Knuckles glided into some of the soldiers. Julie-Su fired her pistol (Set on stun) into the crowd. Linda-Su scrambled up the other side of the mountain. Ekyt almost threw her off. Sorry. He kicked one soldier in the face, sending him sprawling. Brought ya something. She handed him the coat and staff. Hold that thought. He looked down. Linda-Sus eyes widened. No. Dont even consider it. Ekyt jumped down, landing in the huddled mass of confused soldiers. Dear God hes lost it! Then she did something just as crazy. She jumped down too. The ragtag group fought the Dark Legion all the way to Haven. Ekyt and Knuckles both had feelings for the place, and immediately decided it needed to be won back. They fought for all they were worth.

The good guys were standing when the dust cleared. The bad guys, the ones that could stand, ran for it, some carrying their injured friends with them. Knuckles, Sonic, Bunnie, and Antoine all got away unscathed. Julie-Su had a small burn. Linda-Su and Ekyt, however, both had hurt ribs from their maniacal jump. What the heck were you guys thinking? Sonic intoned. Thats just it, I wasnt. Ekyt said. Linda nodded her agreement. Well, you two would make a perfect couple. Youre both nuts. The two looked at each other. Knuckles asked to speak with Ekyt. Julie-Su needed to talk to her sister.

Listen sis, I know what youre thinking, and hes perfect for you. Julie said immediately. Huh? Who? She asked, genuinely surprised. That human guy. Youre kidding. I dont even know him. Julie smiled mischieviously. We all saw you plant a big wet one on him. Cmon, admit it. Hes got potential. She huffed, in a way that both she and Julie-Su knew that Ekyt was a good match for Linda. But would he go for it? Linda questioned.

Knuckles turned to Ekyt and said right off the bat that girl is right for you. Ekyt looked stunned. You dont think that because Im human and shes; Weve had couples just as strange. Look, you obviously care for her. Youve gotta roll the dice man. Dont wait. Sonic zipped up. I couldnt help overhearing. I bet. Said Knuckles. Red here is right. Ive seen her kiss you. You two are right for each other. Im not the sentimental type, but itll be good for you. But will she go for it? Ekyt questioned.

The one thing none of them questioned was what was happening in Knothole. They should have, because it was under siege. Fortunately, help would come in the form of a familiar yellow hedgehog..

ANOTHER PERSON HAS LEFT FAC! SO, UNLESS SHE COMES BACK, VIOLET_ROSES CHARS WILL NOT APPEAR. I DONT WANT ANY MESSY INFRINGMENT STUFF, SO THAT PART OF THE STORYLINE IS NOW DONE.

SPECIAL THANKS TO MY CURRENT READERS (THE ONES I KNOW OF)

QuanticChaos1000
Jo_Pen
Flashthehedgehog
Shadowthe_Hedgehog

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on November 29, 2006, 2:36:20 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehog^^ Hooray! Well presented

Shadowthe_hedgehog on November 20, 2006, 9:38:17 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogWoah, Violet left FAC?! Aw man

Nice Chapter