Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 17 - Desperate...

A dark version of the freedom fighter days. contains mild language and mildly risque scenes

Chapter 17 - Desperate...

Chapter 17 - Desperate...
Okay, youre telling me Im responsible for the Chaos Vortex, is that right? Ekyt asked Silver. Yes. And youre telling me that Ive got to die to stop it. Yes. Uh huh. You understand that I dont die so easy? Ekyt said with a straight face. I understand youre tough, but my powers could bury you. Ekyt nodded. Linda thought this was stupid. You understand the legend of the Chaos Vortex? Ekyt asked. Yes. Silver said, but Linda shook her head. Its only fair you know.

Before the Anceint Walkers, there was a power used by the natives. It gave them immence power of epic proportions. As the society became closer to what we know today, the elders realized its mystic energy was too great for them to comprehend. By using the power themselves, they created a vortex, which sucked the powers away. It laid, buried, for centuries. It was unearthed by an evil echidna. Dmitri, also known as Enerjak, tried to use the power. But he was thwarted by Locke.. At this point Ekyt stopped. The mark of a guardian.. Thats what was left of the power! Linda and Silver both had no idea what he was talking about. The white stripe on the chest of a guardian, it represents the burn suffered by the first guardian, Edmund, when the Chaos Vortex was unleashed. Ekyt just realized it himself. He looked down at his own chest. He had the mark. It matched Knuckles, and that of Locke and all the others.

Now it was Silvers turn. Only his story had been trumped. Ekyt.. let me see the mark.. I can tell if its real or not. A real guardian would never let harm descend upon his home. Ekyt showed him the mark. It glowed for a split-second. Silver stopped. If not you, there must be another who has the ability. A descendant of this Dmitri. He has many, but only two fit your description. Ekyt said. Linda agreed. My rotten half-brother and half-sister. Kragok and Lien-Da! Silver darted toward her. How do I know it isnt you? Let me see! Ekyt had seen enough. THAT is a bit to drastic. You will not touch her. Ekyt snarled. You wont stop me guardian. Silver taunted. Linda-Su was getting more annoyed. Take your hands off me! she said. I need only to check, then.. I said to let her go. Ekyt said, louder. Not until Im sure. Silver said. I dont want to have to hurt you. Ekyt warned. You couldnt. Ekyt kicked him in the head. Silver fell down. I guess I can. Silver got up suddenly. But his eyes.. They were red. Something was wrong..

Knuckles was joined by Julie-Su. He had been emotional since his fathers death. How are you doing Knuckles? she asked quietly. Ill live Julie. He said quietly. She was hard-pressed for words. Im really.. sorry. About your dad. About his funeral getting ruined.. And all the pain its caused. Knuckles looked up. Well, thats the life of a guardian. Sacrifice for your duty. Its how I was raised. I dont regret it, I guess. I just wish it hadnt been the death of him.

Speaking of death..

Something tells me Ive made you angry. Ekyt said. Linda, get out of here! Its you hes after! Ill handle him. Ekyt didnt have a chance. Silver put him into the wall and held him there, choking him. If you had let me see the girl, you wouldnt have to be torn limb from limb. Ekyt fought the psyco-kinesis for all he was worth. Linda-Su watched on, helpless. She had to do something. She formed a plan. It was desperate, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Silver, let him go. Hes not the key to the vortex.. Silver stopped, and looked over at her. I am. Ekyt slid to the floor. They were in a tree-house on Mobius. Hidden in this branch was a power ring. Probably for a swatbots attack.. Ekyt was human, and didnt know what would happen if he touched it. But, considering the girl he was.. friends with was about to be killed, it seemed like a good option. He grasped it and immediately felt the power. He just hoped it would be enough..

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on January 10, 2007, 11:55:25 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogGreat Chapter NG. It's an amazing chapter

Shadowthe_hedgehog on January 3, 2007, 9:52:00 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogO_O Oh exciting!! Next chapter please ^^

Awesome work ^_~