Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 21 - Multiple Choice

A dark version of the freedom fighter days. contains mild language and mildly risque scenes

Chapter 21 - Multiple Choice

Chapter 21 - Multiple Choice
Ekyt stared, dumbfounded at how things had turned out. “Your guardian stripe must be burned to restore Locke.” Ekyt yanked it off. Archimedes gave him a burning twig. Ekyt set fire to the one thing he had been good at. The flames danced and crackled merrily, serving as a reminder to Ekyt of his days as a guardian. The stripe disappeared. Ekyt bowed to the Brotherhood and stepped out of Haven into a desert-filled section of the Forbidden Zone. Knuckles called after him. “Wait, Ekyt.” Ekyt turned, his face stony. “Thank you. You’ve done me the greatest favor anyone could have.” Knuckles extended his hand, which Ekyt took. Knuckles pulled him into a hug, one between two friends and co-workers who were now being separated. “Thanks for everything.” Ekyt said.
A white stripe, not unfamiliar, floated in the Forbidden Zone.
Ekyt thanked Archimedes. “My pleasure kid.” He sat in the palm of Ekyt’s hand. “I’m sorry about this.” He whispered, so Linda-Su couldn’t hear. “You had tons of potential.” “Thank you. I’ll always consider you a mentor and a friend Arch.” With a BAMPF!, Ekyt was left with his thoughts and Linda-Su, who was concerned.
Ekyt sadly explained what happened to Linda-Su, who immediately jumped to his defense. “They can’t do that!” Ekyt smiled sadly. “If it brings Locke back, it’s a worthy sacrfice. For now, I’m going to get off the island.” Linda-Su had some misgivings about that. “I can’t leave, I’m in the police department, and they don’t accept resignations without a good reason. And since we’re not married, and I’m not of age to be married, I’m stuck here.” She said. “I’m not leaving permanently. I just can’t live here anymore.” His voice cracked with emotion at the end. “I’ll be fine.”
Ekyt grabbed the few belongings he had on the island and looked sadly at it one more time. A dream destroyed. Upon returning to Mobius he found a spot in the great forest untouched by war machines or Freedom Fighters. He moved some boulders to form a fence that was chest height. Unfolding a shovel from his pack, he dug into the ground. Over the next week, he built wooden walls and floors, and finally a ceiling, which he camoflagues with tree branches. A hidden ladder ran from the bottom of his home (Five feet below ground, and ten feet tall) to a small hidden treehouse. It was home. Over the course of another week, he segmented the cavernous room into sections. He had an office in one corner. His bedroom, a dark room that showed little trace of life outside of a bed, was in the corner opposite the office. In the corner next to the bedroom Ekyt had his training room. It was the second-largest room. One wall had throwing knife targets and punching bags. Another wall held a stash of weapons. Swords, knives, hooks and staffs decorated the wall. Ekyt’s favorite weapon, a white-oak staff, stayed with him at all times. It could compact to two feet and it could extend to six feet in the flick of a wrist.
The other corner of the house held another bed in a lightly furnished room. It was a guest room. In Ekyt’s mind, no one would ever occupy it, but it seemed to fit in.
The last part of the house was a kitchen area. It was well stocked, despite the fact that Ekyt hadn’t eaten in two days, and felt like he never wanted to eat again.
It was against this grim backdrop that Ekyt realized he had to figure out what to do with himself as he rehabbed his leg. A couple of torn ligament, and he had no doubt aggravated it while moving those rocks.

His choices:

Return to the island and live as a civilian, maybe join the police force.

Return to the island and join the Chaotix

Stay on Mobius and join the Freedom Fighters

Go back and forth, dealing damage to his enemies as needed.

The last choice made the most sense to him, and he decided to couple it with the second and third choices, making him a member of two groups. But he couldn’t do it; not right away. Right now he was untraceable to everyone. Linda-Su couldn’t leave the island, and she was the only one who knew where he was.

For the first time in a year, Ekyt truly felt worthless. He lay in bed, awake, before he got up and trained. As he was lifting the forty-pound dumbbell, an argument broke out that even he heard:

Tails: You treat me like a baby!

Sally: Tails, we’re just trying to protect you!

Sonic: She’s right little bud.

Tails: “Little” bud? That’s it, I’m leaving!

Sally: Tails, please, think about this!

Tails had already left. Unfortunately, he had attracted the attention of two swatbots. He was unaware as he marched toward them, grumbling. He looked up, shocked to see them. Ekyt burst from his hiding spot and raced toward Tails, hoping he wasn’t too late…

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on February 15, 2007, 9:59:00 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogaww, sheesh, Tails is always mistaken for as "too yound" and "little". Poor guy

nice chapter ^^