Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 24 - Welcome Back

A dark version of the freedom fighter days. contains mild language and mildly risque scenes

Chapter 24 - Welcome Back

Chapter 24 - Welcome Back
“So you’re here to guard the geniuses?” Ekyt said. “Well, and to make sure that you don’t do something insane.” Linda said as if she were discussing the weather. “I really appreciate it. You know, I used to pride myself on being in control. Of everything. My situation, my appearance, myself… I never NEEDED anyone else. Then something hits my brain, and I crash. Now I feel so useless…It’s damned frustrating!” He kicked a tree aimlessly before continuing. “It’s like…I can’t trust my own judgment anymore.” “Perhaps it’s time we talked.” Ekyt jumped back. Locke was standing before him and Linda.

Tiffany (Shadowthe_hedgehog) and Flash (Flashthehedgehog) flanked Prince Elias as he walked toward his private shuttle. When shots rang out, the two communicated without words. Flash could pilot the craft while Tiffany covered their escape. Sounded good on paper. Except there were at least one hundred swatbots and one Tiffany. “Need some help sis?” Shadow skated through the swatbots, destroying them. “Sure, the more the merrier.” She skated the opposite direction through them.

“You okay?” Flash called back to the Prince. “I’ll live. Just a little cut to the arm. WHOA!” Flash turned around to see Elias kick a swatbot. “An unscheduled passenger? Sorry, I’ll need to see a ticket.” Flash charged up one hand and punched the robot, the energy from his hand destroying it. “Problem solved.” Flash said, returning to the controls. “I owe you one.” Elias called out.

“Are you okay Locke?” Ekyt asked. “Yes. Thanks to your selfless sacrifice. Are you ready to return to the island?” Ekyt’s eyes brightened for a moment. “What would I be doing?” “Well, Haven needs a servant and…” Ekyt stopped him. “That’s a considerable step down from my last career Locke. I can’t do it. I’ve got nothing but my pride and Linda-Su.” “She must return.” Locke said. “What?” “She’s being ordered to return. The island owns her.” “She’s not a piece of property!”

Locke motioned Linda over while Ekyt seethed. He whispered something to her that seemed to distress her. “But they decided…They can’t!” “They have. I’m sorry Linda.” Linda turned to Ekyt “Ekyt, I never did tell you this, but, um…” Ekyt’s world vanished in a red haze. “I never said anything because it wasn’t going to happen, but they’ve decided. I’m…engaged.”

Engaged?

Ekyt couldn’t even answer for a minute. “Who is the guy?” Ekyt asked quietly. Linda winced even more, mumbling her answer. Ekyt looked at Locke for an answer. “Staph.” (Linda’s ex-boyfriend, from issue 9) Ekyt softened. “Linda, is this what you want?” he asked her. “No. That jerk almost killed me.” “Locke, I want to challenge him to a duel at the Olive Grove.” “Well, you know the rules as well as anyone. He puts up his marriage to Linda. If you lose, what do you offer?” Ekyt closed his eyes. “I’ll offer my freedom. If he wins, he can do with me as he pleases.” Locke nodded. “Fair enough. The duel is at 6:00 am tomorrow. And lad, please come early. I wish to speak with you.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on March 22, 2007, 3:40:05 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogGood enigma

Shadowthe_hedgehog on March 21, 2007, 3:03:42 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogOOH, Gosh cut it out with the cliffhangers, sheesh ^^
nice job NG