Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 25 - The Winner is...

A dark version of the freedom fighter days. contains mild language and mildly risque scenes

Chapter 25 - The Winner is...

Chapter 25 - The Winner is...
Ekyt arrived early at the duel, as Locke requested. Since he wasn’t a guardian, he didn’t wear his normal uniform. It would have been forbidden anyway. The traditional duel attire was black, loose athletic pants. Ekyt wore those. No shirt. Embarrasment aside, this gave his opponent less to grab onto.

“I’m glad you could come early.” Locke greeted Ekyt. Ekyt greeted him with stoicism. “What is you have to say to me Locke?” Locke sighed. “You know, I have my problems with Knuckles mother, my ex-wife. And I guess what I’m saying is that I hope this works out for you. You obviously care for the girl. And…” Locke looked nervous as he spoke. “One member of the Brotherhood, Thunderhawk, has a vendetta with you. That’s why you were removed. I’m back, and I’m fighting for your re-instatement. But, just know that…unlike with my own son, I can support you. Good luck.”

Staph tossed off his dear-skin vest and stared Ekyt down. Ekyt didn’t flinch. “Hope you won’t mind wearing the maid outfit when you become my property. Linda and I would have had a happy life anyway, but with you as our slave…” “Don’t listen Ekyt! Focus! He’s a jerk!” Linda called from the sidelines. “You have a big mouth, my friend.” Ekyt informed Staph. “That just means a bigger target to hit.”

The two charged. The advantage was Staph’s. His mind was clear. That much was apparent early when he locked Ekyt in a painful submission hold. He wrenched his arm so hard Ekyt’s collarbone popped out. Ekyt struggled to his knees, relieving the pressure. Using his good arm, he punched Staph in the midsection, hard and fast. He rolled forward, forcing Staph to relinquish his grip. Staph slapped him, and then gave Linda a vulgar gesture, taunting her. “You’re mine sweetie!” he called. Ekyt grabbed the echidna’s leg and flipped him, fists hammering away. With a crack, Ekyt broke his hand across Staph’s jaw. Undaunted, and powered by adrenaline, Ekyt used his elbow to attack. Staph shot him off and wrapped his arm around Ekyt’s. The pain was almost too much for Ekyt. As he was about to black out, Ekyt grabbed the echidna and threw him backward.

Both were down. Ekyt was nearly unconscious, and Staph was knocked goofy by the sudden toss. His ribs had been broken by the impact. The referee began to count. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9… Staph started to stand up, but Ekyt’s hand pulled him back down. 10!

The duel had ended in a tie. This was a first. The Dark Legion showed up to support Staph, trying to wake him up. Sonic, Knuckles, and Linda tried to wake Ekyt up. “Should the duel not be restarted in ten seconds, I award the match to Staph, under the home-advantage clause.” The referee, an older echidna, announced. Linda made a frantic decision. She grabbed his head and brought hers down to kiss him. She was struck suddenly by a shot. Sonic gave Ekyt a good slap, which jolted him. “What happened to her?” he asked. He spun around to find Staph holding a pistol. He had his back to Ekyt, raising his arms in victory. Ekyt ran into him from behind, his shoulder hitting the echidna’s back. Ekyt grabbed his head and squeezed, angry enough to break him in half. When Dark Legion members started to attack, he threw Staph into them, before charging himself, nearly insane with rage and pain.

The referee had ended the match. He rang a gong. Ekyt turned to it. The referee held two flags; a red one signifying Staph, a black one for Ekyt. “I have made my decision, as both men answered the ten count. The winner is…”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on March 23, 2007, 10:59:33 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogIt's very strange these trials. I can remember one though where Sonic had to claim his innocence by fighting metal-knuckles. Very odd way of deciding things but then again the left-handed witches pretty much suffered the same fate.

Shadowthe_hedgehog on March 23, 2007, 3:37:45 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogGRR, you just can't stop with the darn cliffhangers, can you! Sheesh ^^
Nice work