Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 26 - Breaking Point

A dark version of the freedom fighter days. contains mild language and mildly risque scenes

Chapter 26 - Breaking Point

Chapter 26 - Breaking Point
“…Staph.” Two heads immediately snapped toward the judge. Ekyt started to say something, but Linda-Su stopped him. “Let me handle it.” Ekyt backed off, curious as to just what she was going to say. “I’m not marrying that piece of crap. And I think you’re a slimeball for the decision you made.” The judge grabbed Linda. “You have no choice and I” “Take your hands off her.” Ekyt snarled. He was already seeing red, and that made things worse. “You have no authority here. Stand down.” The judge commented. “Let go of me.” Linda’s voice left no room for argument. “I’ll be at the wedding.” The judge said dryly. “Like hell you will. There won’t be one.” Linda said. It was obvious she was furious. “Then you aren’t welcome here.” “Bite me.” Linda said, earning chuckles from Ekyt and a few of the bystanders. She continued. “Then I’m leaving. I’m not marrying that piece of trash.” Locke cleared his throat. “Judge, you are dismissed. This fight is restarted. And I expect no qualms about the victor.”

Ekyt and Staph were both exhausted. Ekyt had everything to gain and nothing to lose. But so did Staph. He really did love the girl, no matter how he acted. But where did her love lie?

The match restarted. The crowd was amazed at the match. Every punch, every block, every move struck a chord. The match become so intense, so bloody, that those watching were unable to turn away. Was the highlight of the match when Staph landed a swift kick to Ekyt’s jaw, causing a cut lip? When Ekyt Grabbed both of Staph’s arm and raised him high before dropping him on his face? Most agreed the most spectacular moment came at the end.

Ekyt was bloody and exhausted. Linda asked for a time-out. “Listen, you don’t have to defend me, if that’s why your doing this.” Ekyt looked at her. “Just tell me if you want to marry him. If you do, I’ll back off.” “Of course not!” Ekyt nodded. “Then I’m going to win.”

Staph grappled with Ekyt. Ekyt caught the echidna around the head, at the same time as Staph caught him around the head. It was a choking battle. Staph had the strength advantage, as he demonstrated by lifting Ekyt into the air. Ekyt released his grip and used his new-found leverage to fall behind Staph. He snatched his arm while wrapping his legs around his torso. Staph struggled, finally releasing himself with a headbutt. The hold took a lot out of both of them.

At the 1 hour mark, they were still fighting. Ekyt’s white flesh had turned red with his own blood. Staph had bit his head drawing more blood. Ekyt felt dizzy, but he couldn’t lose this fight, not with so much at stake. So he took a risk, knowing that if he didn’t land this opportunity, it was all over…

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on March 27, 2007, 6:00:21 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogWhat risk is this? Can't wait for the next chapter.

Shadowthe_hedgehog on March 26, 2007, 9:29:38 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogomg, I hope Ekyt get's through with this!