Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 27 - A hard Question...

A dark version of the freedom fighter days. contains mild language and mildly risque scenes

Chapter 27 - A hard Question...

Chapter 27 - A hard Question...
Ekyt climbed up on top of the vine-covered wall. “C’mon coward. Come and get me!” Ekyt called out. He was dizzy, and he was banking on the fact that Staph was too. Staph climbed up. “End of the line kid.” He punched. Ekyt dodged backward.

The crowd followed every move. Ekyt’s head snapped back, again and again. They gasped as he held on with one hand, the fall being big enough to hurt big time. He grabbed Staph’s leg, pulling down, so Staph landed with, er, the wall between his legs. He slid off slowly. Ekyt jumped off, the crowd gasping. He put his full body weight on Staph as he hit the ground. It was over. Locke raised Ekyt’s arm.

Linda pushed past everyone and ran to Ekyt. She jumped and he managed to catch her. “Thank you. I owe you big time.” She whispered. “No, I owe YOU. Thanks.” “Let’s get out of here.” “Right. We’re not welcome here.” Locke stopped him. “Ekyt, wait…We want to reinstate you as guardian. Effective immediately.” Ekyt looked at Linda. She nodded. “I accept Locke. Thank you.” “You earned it.” He said.

Suddenly the echidna’s ran. Staph was up, holding a gun. “On behalf of the Dark Legion, you are under arrest.” “Bite me.” Linda snarled, thumbing her nose at him. Ekyt pushed her behind him. “You won’t shoot. Small-time villains like you are yellow. Because you wouldn’t dare kill a guardian. Back off! Everyone, run for it, but stay calm!” Ekyt turned back to him. “If it’s a prisoner you want, you can have me.” “You can have us.” Linda corrected him. “Master Kragok will be pleased…”

“Tell me guardian…where are the chaos emeralds?” Kragok questioned. He was an imposing echidna. His left arm and eye had been replaced by bionic attachments. He was the leader of the dark legion. “You’ve been in the sun too long if you think I’ll tell you.” Ekyt spat. “Valiant. But you’re playing for the wrong side.” “Screw you. I know what I’m doing.” “Oh, is that so. You wouldn’t want me to have to hurt little Linda, would you?” “You wouldn’t dare, you piece of crap. Because you know I’d beat your sorry can across the island.” Linda grabbed his hand, forcing something into it. Staph got close to her. “Maybe your little friend won’t talk, but I know you will.” Ekyt cast a glance at his hand. A power ring.

Sonic and Knuckles had little time off. They were relaxing in a pool of clear water on the Floating Island. “You know Sonic, I think that things are gonna heat up soon. Our respective villains have been silent for too long…” Sonic laid his head back. “Yeah. I’m thankful for the break, but I can’t wait to beat the stuffing out of ol’ Ivo again.”

Ekyt clutched the ring, breaking free of his restraints. He scooped Linda up and ran for it. “Stop him! That guardian is a valuable prisoner! Get him!” Ekyt ran incredibly fast, dodging the gun fire. “Where the heck did you get the ring?” Ekyt asked in wonder. “Staph! That was my wedding ring! If that moron had known what I’d use it for… Yee-hah!” Ekyt jumped down a short cliff, kicking up dust as he ran.

He set her down gently, before sitting down himself. “Thanks again. You didn’t have to fight.” Linda-Su told him. “Yeah I did. He was insulting me. And, more importantly, you.” “Well, thanks.” “That’s what friends are for.” Ekyt said. “Friends are also for patching each other up. Well, that’s one-sided here. Good thing I’ve got bandages.” Ekyt pointed to his back. “That’s killing me.” He said. “Hmm. I thought your modesty would be, or did you forget you don’t have a shirt on?” Ekyt’s neck turned red, which Linda took as a sign. God, he was fun to tease, but he was so innocent at the same time. Then again, so was she. But it was hard to see her blush when the tone blended in with her fur so nicely. She had to try…Linda kissed him, then looked into his eyes. “Ekyt…Do you think we can be…more than friends? I mean, when does this relationship cross the line from “Doing my job?” to “Boyfriend/Girlfriend?” It was then she noticed he had passed out. Probably something the power ring did to his system. With a sigh, she laid on his coat for a moment, before getting some water.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on April 1, 2007, 1:39:16 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogLOL, man Ekyt is soooo shy, ^-^ nice chapter NG

Flashthehedgehog on March 31, 2007, 3:27:51 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehoglol. As a true quote from the Kaiser Chiefs...

"I just remember that I'm you! And there's nothing nothing nothing I can't do!"

Nice job, in other words. Yeah it was DEFINATLY the power ring that made Eykt faint.

nextguardian on March 31, 2007, 12:26:32 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianHey, what can I say? The kid's shy. This is the classic "Girl meets boy, boy has no clue."