Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Dreams Come True (and So do Nightmares)

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 4 - Dreams Come True (and So do Nightmares)

Chapter 4 - Dreams Come True (and So do Nightmares)
Paula-Su and Lara-Su were waiting for their dads in the chaos chamber. Ive wanted to be a guardian for as long as I can remember. Lara-Su said thoughtfully. I thought I wanted to be a freedom fighter, but seeing our dads in action changed my mind. Knuckles entered the room first. Hello girls. Finally got your wish, huh? Knuckles said, smiling. The two fifteen year olds nodded happily. Its not all fun and games. Knuckles warned. And its not all fighting. He finished. A voice spoke from a dark corner of the ceiling. Its about constant awareness, and knowing who to trust. Ekyt free-fell to the ground, grinning. History comes into play as well. While it may seem unimportant, knowing what happened in the past-.. Prevents it from happening in the future. Knuckles finished. But, one knows instinctively the basic skills of guarding. Lara had a question. How do you know we have it. Knuckles and Ekyt exchanged glances. Paula, your mother and I are both guardians. Its in your blood. If it was your chosen path, I would not interfere. If it wasnt, I wouldnt have forced you to follow my footsteps. The choices you made determined that you were one of the few chosen. Ekyt smiled fondly at his daughter. Knuckles turned to Lara-Su. Lara, I was against you being a guardian, after the way my father forced me to be, breaking his family at the seams. But the bravery and passion you exhibited made it clear that I was being unfair and hasty in my decision. Knuckles told his daughter. Lets begin with some stretching.
Linda-Su and her sister, Julie-Su, watched from Haven (The guardians home) as the four worked. All those years ago, I couldnt get Ekyt to look me in the eye. And now look. Hes the father of my daughter. I always told him one day, youll crack that shell. Well, he did, somewhat. Linda said to Julie. Julie-Su agreed. Knuckles was bashful too. But strong willed and stubborn. But I think we both knew to some extent what would happen. They both rose from the table they were at. That reminds me, its time to check our investment.
Robotnik had grown impressed by the creatures around him. They cooperated, followed orders, and worked. Like a machine. Through his own technology, similar to that of his formerly most hated enemies, he was working on a battle suit that could turn the tide of the war. Shadow may have stolen some of my technical genius, but Im still superior to him. There! Robotnik looked up at a twenty-foot tall Metal Sonic. Linda-Su and Paula-Su entered the room. They didnt treat him like a prisoner. He was free to leave. But they provided with meals, protection, and a place to live. If grateful had been in his vocabulary, he would have felt it. For now, he felt satisfaction. Nice work Robotnik. Commented Julie-Su. Yeah, this is the one thing that may just win the war. Robotnik agreed silently.
A loud crack was heard behind Ekyt and Knuckles. Shadow stood above their only chaos emerald, about to smash it. If the emerald was smashed, so was their chances of winning the war.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 11, 2007, 7:43:36 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Wow. I love Ekyt's enterince in this chapter. That was wicked cool. (growls with approval) Robotnic on the good side i think the Earth just stopped spinning. Lol. Anyway. What happens to their chaos Emerald? MUST. . .FIND. . .OUT. ONWARD TO THE NEXT CHAPTER!

Shadowthe_hedgehog on October 29, 2006, 10:12:29 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogOOOH I've gotta see what happens next!!! ^0^ Nice work

Flashthehedgehog on October 28, 2006, 7:28:04 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogOOOh, tension and excitement. I love it! Good job