Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - A Huge Undertaking

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 6 - A Huge Undertaking

Chapter 6 - A Huge Undertaking
Robotnik, this had better be a test run! Ekyt snarled. He hardly had time for his wife as it was, he didnt need another enemy. Stuff it guardian! This metal Sonic obeys me and only me! So, without further ado- crush him! Ekyt pushed Linda out of the way before vaulting aside himself. Attacking this thing alone was pointless. The most thing he could do was to contain it until help arrived.

Knuckles was with Julie-Su when he saw the monstrosity. I knew it! I knew that lard-bucket couldnt be trusted! he threw on his typical clothes and tosses his hat on his head. His right eye had been taken out years earlier, replaced by a metal eye that enhanced his vision. As he ran toward the creation, he scanned it for weak spots. See anything Knux? Julie called out. Nada. Woah! Knuckles glided upwards as the deceptively quick Metal Sonic flashed behind him and swiped with its claws. They were as big as Knuckles.

Sonic was the next to arrive. Hey gang, thought Id visit and- yeooww! Havent we met before? Lemme see..oh yeah, it was in a junkyard. Sonic spun in place and hit the Metal Sonic. He bounced off and was saved by Sally, who pulled him out of the way at the last second. Hmm, tougher than I remember. Sonic said.

It was immediately decided to get the women and children to safety, no matter how competent of fighters they were. In the likely event the guardians and Sonic were killed, someone would have to continue the fight. Ekyts next idea wasnt greeted as warmly. Forget it! That dudes bad news! Sonic said. No way can we trust him. Knuckles agreed. Ekyt took it all in and said Do we have any other choice? Shadow is hard enough alone, but what if he aligns himself with Robotnik? Ekyt ran a hand through his graying hair. This is a tough decision.. But youre right, we cant trust him. That means we need to two things. Sonic, you should get Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog) and my son, Kurt. Knuckles, you keep Robotnik entertained. Ekyt turned around. Hold it, what are you gonna do? Say goodbye to my wife and kids and get ready for a huge sacrifice.

Okay Linda, you know the drill? She sighed. Yes, I do, but I still think its nuts! Are you sure there isnt something else that can be done? Ekyt shook his head. No. If I dont do it, everyone dies. If you do it, you might die. Ive got to risk it. Linda shook her head. I know. She wrapped her arms around him. He reciprocated. Well, hey, Im not dead yet. Were gonna win this thing. He kissed her. Okay, strap me in. Linda did without a word. Paula-Su, his daughter, gave him a hug. She was used to her dad doing this sort of thing, but this seemed definite. Lara-Su paid her respects, as per guardian custom. Kurt, his adopted son, nodded solemnly. Tiffany thanked him for the help over the years. He thanked her too. Take care of yourself. And my kid too. He was all business again, looking every bit of his age.

Knuckles kept dodging, waiting for Tiffany. And Ekyt, whatever he was up to. I dont wanna know. Ive never been a poster child for restraint, but this guys pushing it. Whatever it is he thinks hes gonna do. A crack signaled Tiffanys arrival. Between the two of them, and Kurt, they had enough power to slow down this monster.

Okay, throw the switch. Ekyt said to Linda. This is stupid! There has to be another way! Linda-Su argued. Mom, you know how hard-headed dad is; hes gonna do it anyway. Paula said happily. She was going to miss bantering with her father if things didnt go right.

Make no mistake about it, roboticization was a huge undertaking for Ekyt. Especially because they didnt know how to reverse the effects. But hed have to worry about that later. Right now, as he watched his legs turn to metal, he realized that if they didnt win, it wouldnt matter if he was metal or not.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 11, 2007, 8:13:58 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Arg! You drive me crazy with chapters like this. WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. EKYT IS GOING TO DO WHAT!? WHAT HAPPENS??! (looks down and realizes there is more chapters turns red, covers snout with paws in embaressment and slinks away to read what happens in next chapter rather than yelling more)

Shadowthe_hedgehog on December 10, 2006, 7:16:21 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogOOH I hope Ekyt knows what he's doing!
Great chapter ^-^

Flashthehedgehog on December 9, 2006, 9:32:27 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogGreat suspenseful chapter