Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Death Warrant

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 8 - Death Warrant

Chapter 8 - Death Warrant
Chaos Control! a familiar voice shouted as Metal Sonic threw Mecha-Ekyt downward. I know that voice.. It cant be! Why would he help me? A whip lashed out and grabbed his leg, pulling him away from the boiling vat of metal. Truth can be stranger than fiction, and in this case, it was. That didnt make it any easier for Ekyt to swallow. Shadow and Lien-Da had just saved his life.

A group had surrounded the fighting sisters. Its my life Julie! Stay out of this! Linda-Su shouted. Like heck I will! Youre making the biggest mistake of your life! And youre being to stupid to see it! The crowd murmured and parted as Knuckles, flanked by Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog) and Kurt made their way to Julie-Su and Linda-Su. The bunker went quite. Knuckles knelt down, holding a scroll, which he handed to Linda-Su. She took it with trembling hands. dear God.. she managed, before the tears started flowing freely. Julie-Su picked up the scroll. Everyone, quite down! she commanded. Instantly, everyone stopped talking and speculating, they wanted to hear the truth. Julie-Su held the scroll up as Tiffany tried to console Linda-Su.

Shadow and Lien-Da strapped Ekyt in. A wave of light washed over him. The metal flaked away. He was human again. Lien-Da undid the straps, without making any of her usual comments. Shadow, still wearing the crown and cape, made his way over. How do you feel? he asked. Im fine. Thank you. But whats the occasion? Shadow nodded at Lien-Da, who took a sip of wine before continuing. Lets move to the throne room. You need to hear what we have to say. Ekyt walked, noticing that there were no guards. A sign of trust. He decided to display the same.

A white cloth was laid over the empty casket. Its my sad duty to inform you that the first human guardian, Ekyt, has fallen in the line of duty. Knuckles stopped and let the crowd mummer before asking for their silence again. Beside him was Ekyts wife and kids, in black. There was no body recovered. We have the video of his last acts, seen from his robotic eyes. (Ekyt was roboticized last issue) If you have young children, you would be well advised to shield them from this next part. It showed Ekyt thirty feet in the air, then falling toward the molten steel. The clips stopped. As is the guardian custom, his daughter will fill his role. Ekyt, not always popular at times, was never the less honored. As they lowered the casket into the ground, a cross made of steel was pushed into the ground by his friends and family. The only problem was, he was still alive.

So you see Ekyt, if we team up to stop this monstrosity, it will be over that much quicker. Ekyt ignored the glass of wine near him. I see. And why, per say, do you want, or even need, my help? You have a robot army of millions, as well as chaos powers. Ekyt challenged. You have dealt Metal Sonic damage, and, if we dont have your help, we dont have my sisters help. And you and your kids as well. It will take all our combined power to stop this menace, as much as I hate to admit it. Shadow finished. Ekyt leaned back, looking at the tattered throne room. It still showed signs of the Kingdom of Acorn, despite the many years that had passed. You understand, it will have to be the decision of our group, as a whole, whether we join you or not. Ekyt answered. Yes, fine! Ekyt nodded. Ill speak with them and have an answer for you in twenty-four hours. Ill meet you and Lien-Da at Mount Fate. Agreed? Ekyt said firmly. Shadow nodded. Lien-Da held out her hand. They shook. Agreed.

Ekyt made his way back. He ached, but not horribly bad. Or maybe he had gotten used to it. He got to Haven, only to find it empty. Thats strange. Haven is never empty. Unless.. Ekyt looked around quickly, seeing the group gathered in the Great Forest, with a death warrant in Knuckles hand. Understanding immediately, Ekyt muttered Chaos Control and directed the energy toward the Great Forest. Hopefully, they wouldnt be hard to convince on the point that he was alive. He knew the alliance with the enemy would be a bitter pill to swallow. Part of him couldnt help wonder if the divorce was going to be final.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 11, 2007, 8:43:26 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1(lets out a sigh of relief and then growls) I don't trust that. . .stupid hedgehog! He's up to something! Can I bite him? (cocks head and bares fangs then stops and thinks about it) No then I'd have to wash my mouth out to get his foul taste out. Anyway. Yeah. (shakes head trying not to confuse himself and runs to next chapter)

Shadowthe_hedgehog on December 12, 2006, 8:46:40 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogOOH, I've gotta read the next chapter!!!
Nice job NG ^^