Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Doin' hard Time

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 9 - Doin' hard Time

Chapter 9 - Doin' hard Time
The casket was a dark cherry wood inside, outside it was scrap metal. Pretty extravagant considering the world had all but ended. Funerals typically bring out a feeling of hopelessness. Never was it truer than on this night. Despite the harsh words, Linda had never meant this to happen. She felt as if she herself had thrown him in the vat of molten steel.

Ekyt approached the group. He had a slash across his face that materialized after Shadow and Lien-Da deroboticized him. That meant he had his mask back. Nobody in the group saw him, amazingly, they were all too busy looking down at the casket. For some reason, Ekyt decided to dive down on top of the casket and tear it open. When he jumped back out, the crowd paled. Who the hell are you? one person called out. Im the guy you just buried. Ekyt said with a small smirk. But.. Youre dead.. You cant be here! After Linda threatening to divorce him, something inside Ekyt had torn. Okay. Im dead. You got your wish didnt you? he said sarcastically. Linda-Su couldnt believe it. Wait- I never said-.. Linda remembered her conversation with Julie-Su. I cant believe I said that. She said. Yeah, I know. One of the last humans in the world, and you want me to be a fossil instead of a husband? Ekyt let his heart soften after that. Well have to settle this later, in private. Right now, weve got an even bigger problem. All eyes were on Ekyt.

Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog) and Kurt. Only the people that had known them for the last twenty-five years could believe they were married. With good reason. Both were immune to the aging process, making Tiffany look Fifteen despite being older, and Kurt grew until sixteen, then stopped. Twenty-five years had passed since they had first met. Now they were married with two kids. They had an older boy, Kyle, who was black and red like Tiffany. He had chaos powers like his parents, and an urge to protect that impressed everyone. His sister, Tracey, was essentially a living chaos emerald, like her father. Kyle protected her above all else. Tracey was quite by nature, but spoke her mind when necessary.

(For pics, check out Shadowthe_Hedgehogs gallery. Now, for the legal mumbo-jumbo- Kyle and Tracey were created by Shadowthe_hedgehog in Dec 2006, (c) all rights reserved. Kyle and Tracey issued for use to NextGuardian in stories and pictures. Tiffany is owned by Shadowthe_Hedgehog and Kurt is owned by NextGuardian)

It comes down to the King and Queen. Knuckles pointed out. Yeah. So, King Sonic and Queen Sally, Ill meet with Shadow and Lien-Da in five hours. It had been an all-nighter for Ekyt. He was in so much pain mentally and physically. Linda hadnt talked about the divorce, and the cuts and bruises from battling that stupid Metal Sonic were really starting to hurt. Sonic, Knuckles, and Sally noticed this. Umm.. the thing is, we dont know if.. that is.. in your condition.

Ekyts already frayed nerves snapped. In my condition? Dont you think pain is pretty much part of my life? Ekyt started. Now hold on, no one is.. Like hell you arent! Ive given my life to this cause! And you dont think I can handle this little bit of diplomacy? Sally tried again. Look, we know how hard youre working and with the divorce.. we just want whats be-.. You want whats best? Give me my life back. Wait.. Whats that, you say? Im older and my lifes not worth a damn? Nobodys saying that! Sonic exclaimed. He had never seen Ekyt like this. Im going to talk to Shadow myself. Ekyt said. If you do, youre going to jail. Sally said. Thats a false threat if I ever heard one. You need all the fighters you can get, and now youre going to put one of the fewest with chaos powers in jail? You know as well as I do we need the fire power! This metal monstrosity is going to destroy everyone, and you know it! GUARDIAN, STAND DOWN! Sally commanded. Paula-Su nudged her father. Dad, cmon. Just go with it. Please. Ekyt stopped his tirade momentarily. In a hollow voice, he told her Sometimes youve got to follow your instincts. Youll understand someday. Aw heck, you probably do now. Ekyt turned back to Sonic and Sally. Im going. You can arrest me when Im done. Ekyt made a move to leave, but Sonic zipped in front of the door and Knuckles glided behind him. This is way past uncool. Give us time. Sonic, if you believed you were right, you would do it, wouldnt you? Yes, but this is out of hand! Do you trust me? If you do, let me do this. If you dont, call the guards. Sonic didnt. Sally, however, did. ANTOINE! Antoine came rushing in. Yes, your majesty? Arrest him for attempted treason. Oui Princess. Antoine sighed. I am sorry, mes amis. Eet is zimply orders. Ekyt felt the familiar feeling of handcuffs. Antoine, restrain him while I speak, please. Sally said. Sonic whispered What are you doing Sal? to her.
She walked over to Ekyt, who had been forced to his knees. This is not a punishment guardian. Its a precaution. We cant have you hurting yourself and others. Ekyt looked her right in the eyes. Years of fighting.. If I had known a divorce and jail time were in my future, maybe I would be playing for the other side. He nodded coldly. Your majesty. He looked at Sonic and nodded slightly. Paula-Su was waiting outside. Paula, Im passing the mantle to you. Ekyt said. What? Paula had dreamed of this day her whole life. But her Dad was in no state to do this. Dad, think about this. I have Paula. And I.. well, its time you took over. He smiled, a tear in his eye. Youve made me proud, while Ive made myself a disgrace. Dont say that dad! What about what you told me in there? Do what you think is right? Thats what Im doing. Paula took a deep breath. No. Ekyt cocked his head. No? This was your dream. No Dad. It was my dream to take over for you when I was ready. Im not ready. Im doing what I think is right. Ekyt shook his head in amazement. Paula, youre wise beyond your years. Paula turned away and walked down the hallway. She simply said Im going to talk to Mom. And Ill be waiting for you to train me when you get out.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 11, 2007, 8:53:59 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Wow! Great chapter. This is intense! (rushes happily to the next chapter)

Shadowthe_hedgehog on December 13, 2006, 9:54:14 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAWESOME ^^ thanks for adding the chars ^_~

Flashthehedgehog on December 12, 2006, 10:29:30 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogOh wow that was fantastic