Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Paula's Fight

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 11 - Paula's Fight

Chapter 11 - Paula's Fight
I must say, you do resemble your father. Knuckles commented. Nearly three decades ago, Ekyt himself had fought for Linda-Sus honor. Now his daughter was fighting for his. Currently, he was barely awake in a hostpital bed. Knuckles, as her godfather, was protecting her and taking care of her. Ekyts gonna kill me when he hears about the duel. Paula-Su stepped back and admired herself. Black tanktop, the loose black pants similar to the ones her father had worn. What can I say Knux? I look good in anything. She smiled, albeit grimly. Hey, how about letting me talk to Lara-Su for a little bit? Calms my nerves. Sure, but Im staying. Knuckles said firmly. Suit yourself mate, if you fancy girl talk. Knuckles almost ran for the door.

Linda-Su watched her husband and Sonic come in and out of conciousness. Ekyt.. Things shouldnt have come to this. Ekyt had his eyes closed. He turned, which hurt, but he could hear, and see with one eye open. They had removed the bullet, and he wasnt in any danger. Just in pain. But, the last twenty years had been brutal, so it was hardly anything new. All the time we spent apart, it sickens me. She was still talking. Ekyt wanted to see where this would go. Now our daughter is dueling Shadow and.. What the?! Ekyt sat up so hard he knocked over the monitors near his bedside. Shes fighting Shadow? Oh, not good, not good! Shes a great fighter, but this is too much, even for her! Ekyt jumped out of bed and threw his clothes back on. Are you crazy? Linda exclaimed. Crazy is as crazy does. And right now, crazy is her fighting Shadow! Ekyt shot back. You cant get involved. Linda said. You know the protocol. Protocol be damned, thats my daughter! And, maybe I dont need to be involved.. He bolted for the door, knocking over the doctor. Loyal if nothing else. Linda whispered.

Paula stood, unwavering, across the ring from Shadow. I must admit, Ive never fought a girl before. Well, save my sister, Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog). I hardly know what to expect. He said, bowing mockingly. Paula repeated the gesture. Expect to be humbled Shads. And expect that, if youre feeling anything, a whole lotta pain. Shadow darted forward after the verbal jab. Paula rolled to the side, her leg flashing out. Shadow blocked and returned with a punch. Paula ducked that and spun behind Shadow, slapping his head a couple of times, ticking him off, before trying to sweep his legs. Shadow jumped and kicked, forcing Paula to bend backwards into a handspring, then bouncing off the sand for momentum. Shadow spun and his foot caught her in the stomach. Shadow bent down to hit her, but she grabbed his arm and put her leg up, flipping him over. She got up quickly and stepped on Shadows face. Shadow spat out blood and tried a homing attack. Paula put up her hands, controlling his forward momentum. She redirected it so he was pushing her in the air. She jumped, throwing his attack of balance, before stomping downward with both feet, driving Shadow down into the ground face-first.

Sonic awoke. Sally was at his bedside, talking to a doctor. Ye-ow! he yelped. What the heck are you doing? Someone had stuck a needle into his quills. Im sorry, I thought you were sedated sire! the nurse exclaimed. Its cool. Sonic sat up the rest of the way. Sally dismissed the medical personnel. You were right Sonic. I lost my temper. Its so frustrating not having control! Im supposed to be a ruler, and I let the opportunity to put away the enemies go. Im sorry I didnt listen to you Sonic. She said. Its cool Sal.

Ekyt stormed to the site. He was bandaged up, and forced use a cane. But alive. As far as anyone knew, he had died.. again. Anything short of death wouldnt have kept him away from this, however. Pardon me. Excuse me. Thank you. Everyone parted silently. The combatants didnt notice Ekyt. Good. Hey, no cutting chump! a dog-like creature told Ekyt, kicking his cane out from under him. Thats my daughter. Ekyt said by way of explanation. Yeah, yeah, Ill let you know when I care. Okay, looks like were doing this the hard way. Alright tough-guy. Are you gonna move, or do I have to hurt you? Ekyt snarled. Linda tapped him. Ekyt, might I remind you that you just got out of the hospital? Its alright. I can handle pain. What I cant handle is not seeing my daughter. The dog didnt move. Im not moving aside for some crippled human. Ekyt punched him, sending a stir through the crowd that reached Shadow and Paula.

Dad? Youre alive? Thank God! she said fondly. I sure am. Do me a favor honey. Beat him back to the black hole he came from. I really dont feel like fighting with any other idiots today. Linda-Su kissed him on the cheek. Paula knew they were together again. Shadow looked over. Ekyt? You arent dead? Hmm, I must have missed your spine. And the hedgehog? Shadow inquired mockingly. Alive and well. Your days are numbered Shadow. When my daughters through, its my turn. All eyes were on Shadow. I see. Missing was a mistake. A mistake I wont make twice. Shadow drew a pistol and aimed it at Ekyt. The judge disqualified Shadow. That didnt help. Shadow threw the judge aside and stormed toward Ekyt. Ekyt pushed Linda behind him. He put his hands behind his back, as if surrendering. One glowed green with chaos energy. Ekyt aimed his hand quickly, getting rid of the pistol. It burned Shadow who instinctively tossed it away. Planning to use that on my daughter? Just shows that youre desperate. Ekyt woke up the referee. Restart the fight.
Paula saw what Ekyt was doing and immediately followed suit. She tackled Shadow and put one foot on his head. She grabbed a quill and yanked. It came free. Shadow got up and rebouned, hitting her in the face. Linda winced. Paula laid still. She suddenly flipped up and slashed Shadow across the chest with his own quill, drawing blood. She dropped the quill and rammed Shadow again. She scrambled on top of him and pinned him. It was the upset of the century. As soon as the referee award the match to Paula, Ekyt vaulted into the ring and raced toward Shadow. Shadow chaos-controlled away, humiliated, but still in control.

Nice job Paula. Ekyt said with a grin. I learned it all from my old man. Paula said with a grin. Funny. Ekyt turned to Linda. Ive got to apologize to you. For being rash in my actions. And for never being the good boyfriend or husband I should have been. Linda smiled and ticked him under the chin. Yeah, well, once hopeless, always hopeless. Ekyt looked surprised. What do you mean by that? She kissed him. I cant believe you missed that cue! Youre still hopeless!

NEXT ISSUE: BACK TO TRAINING, AND A KYLE/TRACEY SPECIAL!

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 11, 2007, 9:25:05 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1(growls happily and jumps around in amusement) Shadow got beat by a girl! Shadow got beat by a girl! (laughs wolfishly) That was classic! I bet he's in a bad mood for a while. He got creamed. I love this chapter. (howls in excitement then runs to read on)

Shadowthe_hedgehog on December 14, 2006, 9:56:38 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogKEWL ^^
Awesome work

Tiffany: *Snicker* Shadow got beaten by a girl! lol

nextguardian on December 15, 2006, 11:23:43 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianlol, and she's not an ultimate life-form either! He'll never live this down!

@ Flash- Yeah, he's gonna be upset. Big Time! Poor Flash, just being friendly, lol.

Shadowthe_hedgehog on December 16, 2006, 3:18:31 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogTiffany: Yeah, I'm not sure if I'll let him live this down.... but, then again, I am his sister..... hmmm

nextguardian on December 18, 2006, 12:25:06 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianTAKE IT TO 'IM TIFF!

Shadowthe_hedgehog on December 18, 2006, 9:52:20 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogTiffany: Oh believe me, I will. *Turns to Shadow* You got beaten by a girl!!! XP

Flashthehedgehog on December 14, 2006, 11:58:08 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogLol, I bet Shadow will be sulky

Hey Shadow, what's up?
Get the hell away from me!!!!!!!