Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Future meets the Past (Pt 1)

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 12 - Future meets the Past (Pt 1)

Chapter 12 - Future meets the Past (Pt 1)
It was hard to believe. In this day and age of war, where enemies banded together, something as trivial as bullying was alive and well. Kyle had been spared somewhat, because of his parents and grandparents. Tracey had the problems, being the living chaos emerald.
Tracey stood quietly as the older kids insulted her. And that family! No wonder she turned out like that! one joked. Kyyle saw this and walked over casually. Id be quiet if I were you. He said. Yeah, okay small fry, you just try and make me. One of the bullies taunted. You asked for it. Chaos Spear! Using his sisters energy, he used a small version of chaos spear to set the bullys shoes on fire. Ah, you freak! Freak?! Kyle started after him, but Tracey stopped him. Please Kyle, let it go. She asked quietly. Youre right sis, I shouldnt have let that get to me. Ill be in enough trouble once Mom and Dad find out I was using my chaos powers again.
Knuckles was directing Lara-Su. Now, concentrate hard! The emerald started to glow. Lara raised a few inches off the ground. Then she fell down. That was great! Good job! Knuckles told her. For a first time especially! Paula, youre up. Ekyt stepped forward. Remember what we talked about Paula. Just concentrate. Leave the war behind.. Go! Paula drifted almost immediately. She floated, then hit a wall and came crashing back to reality. You okay honey? Ekyt asked his daughter. Sure. She said offhandedly. Good job girls! Now, youve been training for months. Knuckles began. Ekyt continued. Its time you had a mentor as Knuckles and I did. A fire-ant is a guardians best friend. A bamf sound heralded the arrival of Archimedes. He was older now, but for a fire-ant, age was hardly a consideration. Ekyt, Knuckles, good to see you. Its been a while Archimedes. Ekyt said. Indeed mboy. I can assume youve summoned me to assist the new guardians. Ekyt looked over at Knuckles, who nodded. With Sabres death (Sabre is a member of the Brotherhood, a group of echidnas who keep balance- NG) weve decided its time for us to assist at Haven. Archimedes scratches his chin. Big undertaking. Let me contact Haven..

Kyle, this has to stop. Kurt told him. I know Dad. But Im so sick of her getting picked on! Kurt could relate. But what kind of a parent would he be if he let it slide? Kyle, I understand, more than you know. But your chaos powers are for emergencies. And you dont know what effect using her energy might have on your sister. You could be taking Traceys life energy. But Ill tell you what. Ill talk to your mother, and well see what we can do. For now, you go play. Kyle obeyed and Kurt sat back for a moment. Tiffany (shadowthe_hedgehog) came in, right on cue. Kyles been playing with chaos again. Kurt said. Much like his mother. Tiffany gave him a look. I used it when the time was right. Thats something hell have to determine. Times have changed Kurt. For better or worse, weve got to keep them under wraps. Kurt ran a hand through his quills. I still have a hard time stomaching the fact that we have to safeguard our kids like this. A sheltered existence.. I just doesnt seem right. Tiffany sat down next to him. You know were in for a number of rough years. Theres only a small group of us with chaos powers. And I shudder to think what would happen is Shadow somehow program chaos powers. The thought of our kids in combat.. she trailed off. Kurt nodded. Youre right. The less Shadow knows the better..

Okay, you two. Heres the scoop. Only one of you is needed in Haven. Knuckles, thats you. Ekyt, youre to remain as a mentor to the guardians in training. Ekyt nodded. He was happy for Knuckles, but he wanted to be the next one in Haven. It had to be him being a human. Ekyt turned to Knuckles, extending his hand. Best of luck old friend. Ekyt said. May Stepenwolf guide you. Knuckles returned. With that, he was off, to become the unseen entity his father had been. Ekyt turned to the two girls. A quick round of meditation and well finish the day, okay? The two girls looked up at him. Dad.. I have a question about Haven. Paula said nervously. Why is Haven so important? Ekyt looked over to Archimedes and nodded. I think its time these two had a sanctuary of their own. If Haven is for retired guardians, maybe we need living quarters for the sub-guardians. Archimedes, if youll contact Knuckles, and ask for permission to use the Grand Conservatory.. With pleasure kid. Paula and Lara exchanged glances excitedly. The Grand Conservatory was a well-guarded secret. Only guardians had access. They had always wanted to go. Now they had the chance.

NEXT ISSUE: KING SHADOW GOES AFTER KYLE AND TRACEY, SONIC AND SALLY CLEAR THINGS UP, AND THE GRAND CONSERVATORY IS UNVEILED. KEEP ON READING, AND SEND THOSE LETTERS TO ARCHIE COMICS (SEE MY PROFILE).

NG DOES WHAT OTHERS WONT!

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 11, 2007, 9:36:08 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1(runs around in circles excitedly until he crashes into a wall then gets up and growls excitedly instead) I love this story (tackles you happily and grins down at you wolfishly) The next chapter sounds amazing! I GOT TO GO READ IT!! (leaps of your chest and bounds away to next chapter)

Flashthehedgehog on December 22, 2006, 7:36:44 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogThe blurb for the new chapter sounds amazing! Keep up the good work.

Shadowthe_hedgehog on December 22, 2006, 2:46:48 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogSWEET ^^ I luv this chapter!!!

Nice work NG