Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Family Reunion

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 13 - Family Reunion

Chapter 13 - Family Reunion
When he was working, Ekyt was okay. But when he was doing anything but, no matter where he was, his mind was playing tricks on him. Had all the years of war and hatred unhinged him? No, he was certain of that much. Next to him, Linda-Su stirred, tired after the days work. It had been almost a year since they were in command, while Sonic and Sally patched things up. (want to hear more? Let me know and Ill do a special- NG) It was stressful, but rewarding. And now he had managed to tick of Queen Sally, get arrested, set shot, help his daughter win a fight against Shadow, and not get the job he had hoped for. That as a lot to swallow. He sighed. Linda, sensitive, sat up. You havent slept in two days Ekyt. Relax. She said. He hadnt told her yet. Sorry. Just thinking. He said quickly. You can do that anytime. Sleep isnt always possible. Now go to sleep! Yes Maam. Ekyt said, forcing a smile.

He was up early the next day. BAMF! Ekyt, I cant help but notice somethings wrong. Archimedes said. Is it that obvious? Ekyt countered. Not to the others mboy, but to me, youre wearing your emotions on your sleeve. Ekyt turned his head sharply. Im happy for Knuckles Archimedes, but Im started to feel unwelcome.. I guess some things havent changed over twenty-five years. Archimedes was sitting in Ekyts hand. With only Tobor remaining, they needed the help in Haven. But they also need someone to train the guardians here. Archimedes began. I thought that was your job Arch (Pronounced Ark). Ekyt said with a glance. Assisting is my job. Training is yours. Think of it as a promotion. Its a far cry from all the times the Ancient Walkers had me killed to test me. Its not like Im Knuckles, where I was born to this. Am I setting my daughter up for failure? Her connection with me can only bring her trouble. In the annals of history.. In the annals of our history, there were two humans. Robotnik and you. One evil, one a guardian. No one will ever confuse you two, lad. Ekyt thought for a moment. Yeah, but theres a hole in your theory. Ones a guardian. An infamous guardian. Ill be remembered all right.. Thank anyway Arch. I appreciate what youre trying to do. But I guess Im beyond hope.

Shadow watched as the two known as Kyle and Tracey played. Lein-Da, that girls energy signature.. is that not pure chaos? Shadow called out. It is! Could there be another living emerald? Kurt.. I remember him, and he married my sister.. of course.. it makes sense one of their offspring would inherit the powers of each parent. Perhaps its time they meet Uncle Shadow and Aunt Lien-Da..

Sonic was talking with Tails when Sally strode in. Sonic, we need to talk. Sonic nodded to Tails. He left, leaving the two alone. Whats up Sal? Sonic asked her. Im worried I was rash with Ekyt. Jailing him for that might have been harsh.. You were doing what you thought was best. Personally, I would have given him an escort. But he did try to disobey you.. So you think it was justified? Sort of. I think we should have handled it better. I should have spoken up. I- hold on, incoming transmission.. from Angel Island. A large screen dropped down to give the royal couple a view of Knuckles. Its been a while True Blue. Im here to update you on the status of the floating island. Go on Red. The Dark Legion is being kept in check. After Kragoks run-in with Ekyt and the Chaos Syphon (Want to hear more? If you command it (A special), so it shall be done- Next Lame plug guardian), hes been weakened. Lien-Das too busy with Shadows plans to give the Dark Legion the attention it needs. And Im in Haven now, along with Tobor, since Sabres death. Sally smiled. Congratulation Knuckles. You are your fathers son for sure. Thank you Sally. Somethings up with Ekyt thought. Hes training my daughter and his daughter, but hes.. distracted, for want of a better word. His injuries have healed well, and theres been no complaints of pain. Hes not drinking or doing drugs either, I put Linda-Su (His wife) on notice for that, but hes clean. Sally slammed the table. It must have been my actions. Its not that either, your majesty. Thats water under the bridge. But he has visited the former site of Mount Fate. And.. Wait! Hold on! Im getting some strange readings.. Theres a chaos signature in the area.. it matches Shadows. And theres another. Tracey.. Shadows going after Kurt and Tiffanys (Shadowthe_Hedgehog) kids! Sonic stood up. Is anyone in the area? Checking.. Ekyt. Well, send him! Sally ordered. In his state, your majesty. Sonic pointed at the screen. Knuckles, this is an emergency! Those kids are the future! Whack bag or not, hes the only one around there! You send him, Ill contact Tiffany. Kingdom of Acorn out.

A shadow loomed over Tracey. Wh-who are you? she asked shyly. Dont you know Tracey? Im your uncle, Shadow. And this is Aunt Lien-Da. Kyle came jogging over. He didnt see Shadow right away. He turned to see what was blocking the sun and gasped. Tracey, thats Shadow! Moms brother! he said excitedly. So youve heard of me, Kyle? You bet! Kyle said. And, if youre smart, youll get out of here. He said viciously. Shadow narrowed his eyes. I had so hoped this wouldnt get violent.. He raised his arm. Ekyt charged and rammed Shadow with his shoulder. Forget it! Youre not getting your greedy hands on them! Ekyt turned to Kyle and Tracey. Run you two! Hes dangerous! Ekyt turned back only to be hit by Shadows homing attack. Ekyt fell hard. Lien-Da held him down with her chaos powers. Kyle stopped. Oh no you dont! Chaos Storm! he shouted. Shadow fell to his knees. Little monster! He who invents it knows how to prevent it. Chaos spear! Kyle dodged to the side. Uh-uh. Mom invented that! Ekyt threw Lien-Da off. Kyle, go, now! Ill deal with this! Protect your sister! Kyle ran after Tracey this time. Ekyt spun back to Shadow. Youre reduced to picking on kids? My Grand-kids no less. Have you forgotten Im still alive? Ekyt spat. Shadow smiled nastily. Youre a footnote in history guardian. Im the headline! Youre gonna be in the obituaries if you keep screwing with my family. Youve got five seconds to leave and take your bimbo wife with you before I reduce you ashes! Ekyt was suddenly from behind by a force powerful enough to flip him over entirely. Have you forgotten.. Im not history yet guardian.. So many have come before me.. and my grandchild, Lien-Da, one of the few worthy. Ekyt got to his feet. No.. You were dead.. I know it.. I was there.. Fool! Im immortal! Eleven chaos emeralds are within me! So speaks ENERJAK!

WHO IS ENERJACK? ARE KYLE AND TRACEY OKAY? WHAT ARE SONIC, SALLY, AND KNUCKLES GOING TO DO ABOUT EKYT? AND WHAT IS IT THAT LINDA-SU KNOWS? FIND OUT NEXT TIME!

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 11, 2007, 9:50:07 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1(laughs wolfishly, stands up and stretches) Kyle is a brave little guy isn't he. Trying to take on Uncle Shadow. Cool! (growls his approval) BTW I love the plugs you throw in! They get me phyced for more! (runs off to read more)

Flashthehedgehog on December 23, 2006, 9:20:14 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogWow great chapter. I laughed at the part where Shadow meets Kyle and Tracey. Why Shadow reminded me of the big bad wolf (from red riding hood) when I read that I don't know!

nextguardian on December 26, 2006, 3:49:27 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianMaybe you're thinking of the red cape he wears in the "future?" lol, nice comparison though

Shadowthe_hedgehog on December 23, 2006, 1:29:41 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAWESOME!!! Oh, I've gotta read the next chapter ^^