Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Self-Worth vs. Self-Preservation

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 14 - Self-Worth vs. Self-Preservation

Chapter 14 - Self-Worth vs. Self-Preservation
In his horrible mindset, there was no way Ekyt was going to win. Being hit from behind fired him up for a brief flurry of offense. His thoughts kept getting in the way. He tagged Shadow with a solid right hand (Am I good enough?), before paying the price with a left hook. He swept Enerjaks legs (Whats the matter with me?), then was flipped over by Shadow. He tackled Shadow (What happened to me?), but Shadow turned it around into a homing attack. Ekyt shifted his weight into Enerjak, knocking him off his feet, into Lien-Da, and charged Shadow. (I wasnt good enough..) Shadow saw this distraction and nonchalantly tossed his emerald to himself. Ekyt was lost in thought, and couldnt block it the way he should have. At least Kyle and Tracey (both Shadowthe_Hedgehog) were safe. CHAOS BLAST! Ekyt flew into a tree and slid down. He was quickly hit again, going through the tree, finally unconscious. Lien-Da looked down. Kill or capture? she said with a nasty smile. Neither. Let him rot there. His own thought will be the death of him. Enerjak looked down. You were simply a stepping stone. Well, I stepped. HARD. Looks like Angel Island has one lest pest to deal with.
Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog) skated by the landscape. Hope those two are okay she thought. Kyle and Tracey came running the other way. mom! Thank God! Kyle exclaimed. Tracey hugged her. Are you okay? she asked them. Were fine. But Ekyt.. Kyle grimaced. He had seen a lot of the beating. He had Tracey hide as he climbed up a tree and watched. Whered he end up? Tiffany asked urgently. I dont know. I didnt watch the whole thing.

Ekyt got up on his own and was sickened by the blood loss. Not unusual. But, for once, he felt no sense of accomplishment. And he was wondering just how long he could keep up this Im a guardian, nothing bothers me charade. He wiped his face off with a huge leaf from some tree that was wet from the rain. When he was younger, he loved being a guardian. Now, today anyway, it was more of yes, Im a guardian. How long until retirement? He knew he was breaking a rule, but he chaos controlled to the chaos chamber. His daughter was waiting for him.

Tiffany hadnt gotten there in time to talk some sense into him, but she had seen the confused, almost pained look on his face. She shook her head. Definitely something going on there.

Ekyt arrived and landed on one knee. He got up and shook his head. Another fight Dad? she asked pleasantly. She knew what was going on, but wasnt about to let on. Nothing serious. Wheres Lara-Su? Present! she said amiably from the doorway. Allright, lets get on with it then. In this day and age, you never know when youll be needed. Youve got to be on your guard. And youve got to know that every action has a price. (Yeah, like I should be teaching them. I cant even take care of my own business.) Lets start with.. He shook his head. Archimedes! Ekyt said in an urgent whisper. BAMF! Whats up kid? Arch, can you handle this? Ive got to get fixed up. My back is killing me, I just got jumped. Archimedes knew he was telling a half-truth, but said Sure, Ill handle the kids today. Thanks. Ekyt turned and walked out, leaving Paula-Su with questions that had yet to be answered.


Ekyt went home and got cleaned up. Anything you want to tell me? Ekyt turned around to see his wife, Linda-Su. Nothing to tell. I got jumped. She had her arms crossed as she was leaning in the doorway. Uh huh. Ive known you for too long to swallow that. Oh crap. Its nothing, really. Ill get over it. Ekyt assured her. She looked worried, but had to trust him. If you say so.

Ekyt went to his special spot. He climbed down the maintenance ladder into a basement of sorts. He sat down and closed his eyes. Ive havent done this in a long time. Not since I was first made guardian.. When I was leading the resistance with Linda, I was in control. Now that weve got two kings and queens, and someone else in Haven.. I dont know what Im worth anymore. Am I any good at what I do? Was I ever?

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 11, 2007, 10:16:48 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1(whimpers in sympathy) Poor Ekyt. He offer to get this figured out before it gets him kille or kills him outright. (lays head on ground and puts paws over eyes and snout) How much more of this can he take? (slinks off sadly into the shadows for a moment before next chapter)

Shadowthe_hedgehog on January 9, 2007, 10:11:56 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAW, poor Ekyt!

Nice work NG ^^