Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Never Turn Back...

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 15 - Never Turn Back...

Chapter 15 - Never Turn Back...
Kyle and Tracey (Shadowthe_Hedgehog) told Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog) about the fight. Kyle had hidden Tracey, and used Chaos Storm, then Ekyt came charging in. Tiffany raised her eyebrows at the Chaos Storm part. What was it we said about using your chaos powers? Tiffany asked. mom, it was an emergency! Tracey nodded shyly. She was never one to lie. Okay.. but be careful. The kids ran off to play as Kurt walked into the room. Somethings up with my dad. Oh? Yeah, it like, all of a sudden, hes questioning something..

Ekyt watched Shadows robots patrol. He was safely hidden in a tree. Raising the rifle in his arms, he picked off a few, freeing the smaller animals inside. His heart wasnt really in it today. Once the supply of robots dried up, Ekyt jumped down from the tree. He hadnt seen Tails and Amy in a long time. Or the Chaotix. Maybe it was time for a visit.

In the days since the war, the Chaotix worked with Ekyts old group, an outlaw band of freedom fighters. The original cast was Ekyt, Colin (An echidna he had rescues from a fire, along with Linda-Sus help), Mitch (Colins brother, their technical whiz), Tiffany and Kurt (They were on a leave of absense, now fighting with the main group.) and Tails and Amy. The Chaotix dwindled down to the original group of Mighty, Charmy, Espio, Vector, and Ray. Julie-Su was now in Haven with Knuckles, running the floating island. That reminded Ekyt of what sent him into this swirling torrent of a personal hell.

Colin and Mitch were different as day and night, but both incredibly loyal to each other and the cause. Both were now in their late- thirties. But still energetic as kids. Colin had met an echidna nurse, the daughter of the nurse who had helped treat his burns in the hospital, all those years back. She was a pretty, young-looking 35 year old red echidna with Silver bangs, named Molly. Mitch hadnt met anyone yet, but he had a pretty good crush on Blush, Rouges daughter. They had a lot in common, their fathers had both died when they were young, and both resented their mother. Rouge had been way to flirty and flight for Blushs taste. She had inherited her mothers beauty, but had let her white hair/fur grow long, and disdained the leather and pink her mother wore. She dressed as well as anyone could in these times of war. Mitch was a red echidna, but he had a crop or military-cut white hair on his head. He also wore glasses, but they werent for any vision problem. They were all cameras and computers, designed by him.

Tails and Amy were both 37 now. They still looked incredibly young, though Tails longer whiskers showed his age a little more. Amy wasnt the perky fangirl of old, the war had matured her into a fighter. It saddened Ekyt in a way. Vector was dating Rouge (Cmon, who saw that coming? NG), but the rest remained single.

Tails was the first to greet Ekyt. Man, I havent seen you in a while! Howre things? Tails stopped there, seeing a look of pain in Ekyts eyes. Not as good as its ever been. Ekyt told him truthfully. Amy came over next and hugged him. Good to see you again. Same here Amy. He shook hands with Mitch and Colin, and was introduced to Blush and Molly. The youngest ones whispered with him around. To some people, Ekyt was a legend in his own time. To others, he was as hated as Shadow was in this day and age. So everythings running the same around here? Ekyt asked. Yep. But you know, were not getting any younger. Tails said, obviously headed somewhere with this. Uh huh. Where are you going with this Tails? Ekyt asked. Well, we could use some younger blood around here. Or at least, have some waiting in the wings. Colin was on a mission the other day, and he got out by the skin of his teeth. Ekyt stroked his chin. Well, maybe my Grandkids, Kyle and Tracey. Ones a fighter, and the other is a living chaos emerald. They work off of each other. Kyle, hes got some impressive power. And Tracey, she doesnt talk too much, but shes as smart as anyone. She watches everything, and picks it up. They sound good. Mighty can train them physically, Espio can help with the spy stuff, and Mitch can give them a crash course on the tech were using. Ekyt nodded. Anything from Robotnik? Or Shadow?
(IS THIS COOL WITH YOU, Shadowthe_Hedgehog? If not, let me know NG)

As if by fate, Shadow and Robotnik were meeting. You see, Shadow, It would be in your best interests to work with me. Why, I can triple your robot production, and give you access to technology never before seen. Shadow considered it, before sticking out his hand. Youve got a deal doctor.

Ekyt returned home. Linda-Su was waiting. Were gonna talk. Now. She said. Okay. Youve been moping around for the past week. Somethings going on in there (pointing at his head), and if Im gonna help, I need to know what. Ekyt sat down on the bed, tossing his coat off. Its just the old self-doubt. Knuckles is running Haven, Shadow got the drop on me. Im wondering if Im losing my touch.. or if I ever had the touch. She sat down next to him. You just need your confidence back. As she laid down next to him, burying her face in his chest, he knew that truer words were never spoken:

Easier said than done.

TO BE CONTINUED

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 11, 2007, 10:37:03 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1(slinks out of shadows and cocks head) So. I obviously need to read all the preceding stories to understand this chapter. I didn't know Tails was the head of the Freedom fighters now!? Hmmm. COOL! Anyway. I don't think Tiffany is going to like Ekyt volunteering her kids to fight without her permission. GREAT chapter! I love it! (turns and disappears into the shadows towards next chapter)

Flashthehedgehog on January 30, 2007, 3:52:41 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogThat was a wonderful chapter NG, sorry I didn't read it sooner. It's all this commotion with money and school work. It's doing my head in.

nextguardian on February 4, 2007, 1:01:41 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianI can totally relate!

Shadowthe_hedgehog on January 20, 2007, 12:19:29 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAWESOME ^^ yeah, it's cool with me NG ^_~

Nice work!