Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 17 - Linda's thoughts

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 17 - Linda's thoughts

Chapter 17 - Linda's thoughts
Note: Bold is Linda-Su thinking –NG

Since not landing the position at Haven, Ekyt’s been distant. It’s like he knows nothing but loyalty. But that’s even starting to wane. Sometimes I’ll see him sitting…staring…nothing else. It’s like his mind is working overtime, trying to singlehandedly correct the problems of the world.

Linda-Su watched Ekyt playing with their daughter. They were close; always had been. Linda smiled slightly. She was beautiful now, but when she was done growing, Paula-Su was going to be quite a catch for some lucky guy.

She looks nothing like him. Except for the hair. Just the way he wanted. Some fathers would have hoped for their children to look like them. He was the opposite. He didn’t want her to be saddled with being a half-human, half-echidna. In this day and age, there are ways to control things like how children look.

Linda sighed. It’s depressing. He’s so loyal, but the world seems to want to screw him at every turn. He’s given everything to be accepted. And yet… he has nothing to show for it. It’s so damn unfair!

And our daughter…God, she’s grown. She was never the type to be sentimental. She was always looking toward the future. Even today, at fifteen, everyone knows she’s a leader. The future. The hope. Some much will lie on her shoulders, if all the evil isn’t done away with while Ekyt and I live. I want the world to be better for her… she looked at Ekyt, somber again…For us.

Linda-Su was a young looking forty-something these days. She and her sister had always compared notes about their husbands. But laughter was something that was rare. Knuckles was berated for the Dark Legion still existing, and the problems with Shadow and Robotnik. Ekyt was always singled out, subject to the “human” remarks. These two, shunned by their own people, the one’s they defended. It was a paradox to the two female echidnas, who were both well liked and respected. But even their influence wasn’t enough.

Tails flew up high, dodging the balls of energy that Kyle (Shadowthe_Hedgehog) shot. Finally he anticipated Tails direction and speed, noted the altitude, and caught the two-tailed trainer in the stomach. “Good work! Nice shot!” Tails exclaimed.

Mitch and Rotor, meanwhile, were doing tests on Tracey (Shadowthe_Hedgehog). She was quiet, except for answering their questions. “It seems the chaos energy she gives off feeds her brother. And without hurting her. If you two are in contact, you’re virtually unbeatable.” Mitch explained. Rotor nodded his agreement. “You have chaos powers too, but for some reason, they’re locked away in your mind. It might not be in your nature to fight.”

Linda watched Ekyt come back from the fight. She knew he felt like he was reduced to a grunt, that all the work he had done meant nothing. But today, she saw a gleam in his eye, rings on his wrist, and hovershoes on his feet. “I dug these up and leveled the playing field.” He said simply. “I don’t think the people are gonna like this one. Too much like Shadow.” Linda commented. “They hate me anyway. I’m done trying to win their support. I’ll protect them to the last, that hasn’t changed. But if they don’t like me after 25 years of fighting, I don’t think they ever will.” Linda gave him a comforting hug even as she thought of something depressing herself: I hope he’s wrong. What will it take for him to be accepted? All the blood, the sweat, and maybe even tears…all the longing and sacrifices…Were they all in vain? As she held her husband tight, she thought she knew. No. The fight will go on.

To Be Continued!

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 12, 2007, 12:20:33 AM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1(just shows up out of nowhere) sweet chapter! It really shows Linda's concern and sorrow for her husband. This chapter really did a good job at tying the two closer together. Good job! (bounces off to next chapter)

Flashthehedgehog on February 10, 2007, 6:05:11 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogGreat chapter NG, it really catches Lindas feelings to Eykt ^^ ah what the hell I'm no teacher give me hug!

0_o

nextguardian on February 10, 2007, 7:35:15 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianlol

Shadowthe_hedgehog on February 6, 2007, 7:46:29 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAw, nice chapter NG ^^