Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - Introducing Rage

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 19 - Introducing Rage

Chapter 19 - Introducing Rage
Ekyt trained Linda-Su and Lara-Su without any problems. They could tell he was trying, but too hard. When he missed an easy attack, he punched the wall and cursed. “Damn!” he said, massaging his hand. “That was a good dodge Lara.” He said over his shoulder. “Thanks.” Her usually chipper voice was saddled down by confusion. Like why her kind, but tough as nails trainer was losing control. “Great job today girls. Lara, if you don’t mind, I’d like to talk to Paula for a moment.” Lara nodded and gave him a hug and then marched out, running a hand thoughtfully through her hair. Paula looked at her dad. “Paula, I think you need to know how the politics work.” He said, not beating around the bush. Paula’s nose wrinkled in confusion. “Politics…okay, shoot.” She said, leaning back. Ekyt sighed.

“Look, because you’re my daughter, you’re going to get a lot of flak. Either people respect me, or they hate me straight out. Because you’re a guardian, you’ll get respect…” “But you’re worried how I’ll react to the others?” Paula finished with a smirk that only a fifteen-year-old know-it-all who truly did know it all could pull off. “Yeah.” Ekyt admitted, slightly taken aback. “It’s good to have you back dad.” She said to him. He narrowed his eyes. “What do you mean by that?” he questioned, though he was sure he knew the answer. “Well, you weren’t yourself. And then attacking Shadow. It’s like you’d lost your will to live or something.” She commented. “Point taken.” He said with a grin. She grinned back. “I suppose now might be a good time for you and Mom to meet my boyfriend?” she said hopefully, a mischievous twinkle in her dark brown eyes. Ekyt looked over his shoulder. “I trust your judgment Paula. Just keep in mind, I don’t react well to surprises.”

Paula ran up to the room she shared with Lara. Lara was sitting Indian-style on her bed, reading about echidna history. The bottom of a magazine was showing out of the bottom. Paula glanced at the magazine. “Whoa! That is a nice looking echidna!” she exclaimed. Lara snapped the magazine shut and tapped Paula on the head with it. “You’re taken, remember?” she said sarcastically. Paula snorted in amusement. “I’m only fifteen, I can play the field.” Lara gave her a look of comic disgust. “So, when do I get to me Rags?” she asked. Paula playfully smacked her on the head. “It’s “Rage”, Lara. R-A-G-E.” Lara grinned again. “Okay, when do I meet him?” “How about in ten minutes? I’m taking him to meet my parents.” Lara actually laughed out loud at that. “You’d better make sure your dad isn’t armed.” She warned. “No, Dad’s cool. I mean, he married outside his species. Why can’t I date outside mine?’

Rage was the bat’s nickname. He never knew his real name. So Rage was his only name. He looked at himself in the broken glass of a mirror. He had black fur, red tips on the dreadlocks. His face was echidna-ish, but his black eyes reflected the other half of his heritage. He spread his long black wings, folding them into a slightly more comfortable position. His clothes were tattered, a vest and jeans, both black, along with black boots. He had no one. He never knew his parents. Just as well. He didn’t have a need for anyone. Except maybe that echidna girl. The only one who didn’t treat him like a freak. He was one, granted, but she didn’t seem to care. Rage’s eyes were half-lidded, as though he didn’t care about anything. In battle, he was indispensable, able to attack from the sky and ground. He didn’t live anywhere; he had no emotional attachment to any place. He saw Paula-Su approaching him. “Hey.” She said amiably. “How ‘bout meeting my parents and my roommate?” He shrugged. “Lead the way.” He said, in a voice devoid of emotion.

UH-OH! HOW ARE EKYT AND LINDA GOING TO TAKE THIS?
NEXT ISSUE: KYLE AND TRACEY LEARN ABOUT THE OSS. THEY NEED THAT KNOWLEDGE PRETTY QUICK…

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 15, 2007, 6:01:17 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1(cocks head and scratches behind ear thoughtfully) An Echidna and bat half breed. Hmmm. . . An Echibat. Lol. Anyway. How are the parents going to handle this one. Ekyt already feels bad about his daughter's half breed heritage. This is going to be interesting! (dashes off to next chapter)

alchemest1 on August 15, 2007, 6:01:15 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1(cocks head and scratches behind ear thoughtfully) An Echidna and bat half breed. Hmmm. . . An Echibat. Lol. Anyway. How are the parents going to handle this one. Ekyt already feels bad about his daughter's half breed heritage. This is going to be interesting! (dashes off to next chapter)

Shadowthe_hedgehog on February 13, 2007, 3:11:54 PM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogOOH, this I've gotta see ^^

Awesome chapter!