Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 22 - Neutral Corner

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 22 - Neutral Corner

Chapter 22 - Neutral Corner
Ekyt had thought about it. He didn’t want to desert his daughter. But his life had been flipped upside down…Did he have any choice. “No.” Ekyt heard himself say. “No?” Shadow repeated. “Too bad, seems like you had your heart set on changing things. Now you’ll die a mere footnote in history, if you’re lucky. And be content with the fact that I’m letting you live another day. Remember, without that stripe, you don’t have two things: immortality, and a prayer!” Shadow left as Ekyt swiped at where had been. He walked away without saying a word.

Ekyt got back to his home. No one had dared say anything to him, for it was obvious his anger had come bubbling to the surface. He couldn’t take it anymore. He was removed from his family (Linda-Su and Paula-Su live in Haven, where Ekyt can’t go anymore –NG) He didn’t want to stay on the Floating Island anymore either, if he couldn’t see his wife and kids. Mobius was out too. Too many friends and memories… Ekyt and Linda had talked about what he would do, and he had made his decision.

Kyle and Tracey (both Shadowthe_Hedgehog) followed him. Ekyt seemed unaware, until he turned around. “Well, hi!” Kyle gave Ekyt a high five while Tracey gave him a shy hug. “Look, Gramps, um, they want us to watch you.” Kyle said uncomfortably. Ekyt nodded. “I expected as much. Go ahead. But I’m not easy to keep track of.” “Grandpa, what are you going to do?” Tracey piped in. “I’m going to drop off the radar. Tell Colin that our cause needs some hope, and that’s what I’m doing. Okay?” They smiled and left, happy to deliver a message that was so obviously secretive.

Aurora, Locke, and Athair stood in front of Ekyt. “You want to do WHAT?” Aurora asked incredulously. “I think out cause needs a martyr of sorts. So, you turn me into an animal- echidna, hedgehog, whatever- and they think I’ve died, which means the people that hate me will be more willing to fight.” Athair spoke to Locke and Aurora, before Locke gave his ruling: “Motion denied.” Ekyt didn’t argue. “Whatever.” Aurora tried to console him, but Ekyt stopped her. “I don’t need any damn sympathy. And I’m not going to get any respect. So I’m going into business for myself.” Aurora warned him that he might get in trouble. “I’ll let you know when that registers on my “give a damn” meter.” Ekyt nodded, leaving their red circle. The last time he had seen them, he had been dead. It was a special trip to go there. He left, having enough.

For the next week, Ekyt was seen rarely, and never in the same place. Knothole one day, Angel Island the next, then the Great Forest, then the Mobian Badlands. When Knuckles and Sonic made contact with him, Ekyt sneered at them with anger. “Yeah, I’m such a big asset to you guys. I’m doing my own thing.” Knuckles tried to reason with him first. “You have a wife and kids…” “…That I never get to see because they’re living in Haven.” Ekyt finished; a point that Knuckles couldn’t argue. Sonic tried next. “You could do so much good with the freedom fighters.” Ekyt laughed at that. “Remember when you tossed me in jail for trying to end the war?” (That was in ish 9 –NG) “I’m doing my own thing. I’m not with Shadow, so you don’t need to worry about me.” “We need to know who you’re fighting for.” Knuckles pointed out. “I, personally, don’t think you need to know, nor do I feel like telling you. Thanks for the years of loyalty guys. I’m outta here.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 15, 2007, 7:00:48 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1(appears with a mouse on shoulder) Hmmm. Ekyt once again the lonely hand of true uninhibited justice. (growls approval and gives a piece of bread to the mouse) Untods like some one is tired of being dumped on, and doesn't want to be taken lightly anymore. I DON'T BLAME HIM! (growls in aggrivated disgust and disappears with mouse to the next chapter)

Shadowthe_hedgehog on March 5, 2007, 6:43:16 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAwesome ^^ nice chapter NG