Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 25 - The Afterlife Pt. 2

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 25 - The Afterlife Pt. 2

Chapter 25 - The Afterlife Pt. 2
The Pherinx attacked ruthlessly, their long nails aiming for Ekyt’s neck. One managed to pierce his leg, but it healed instantly. Ekyt swung for the fences, hitting them with incredible force. He suddenly felt all of his forty-three years. The Pherinx took advantage, rushing him. Ekyt reached a hand out to touch the wall, certain that it was the one thing that could save his life.

Lara-Su was summoned to the Afterlife by Paula-Su. The two were in council with Aurora, Locke, and Athair. Their conversation would have mystified anyone who wasn’t aware of what was going down. A black and white video of Ekyt over the years. It was comparing timelines.

Athair: In this time (points to the screen) Ekyt was killed years ago…
(View Screen:

Ekyt fought his way in to Robotnik’s lair. “End of the line lardball.” Ekyt coughed out. A deep chest puncture all but spelled the end of him, but for each one that dies on one side, it must be so on the other. “Wrong.” Robotnik slashed out with the butt end of a rifle, knocking Ekyt backward. He rolled behind a piece of machinery as Robotnik shot. “Noooo! Curse you! I’ll have your head for this! My Roboticizer…” Ekyt rolled out and tried to hit Robotnik, but only managing to knock the rifle away. Ekyt rolled away again. A computer voice that seemed to echo in Ekyt’s mind counted down the seconds until a self-destruct mechanism was activated. 10…9…8…7…6…5…4…3… Robotnik buried the knife inside Ekyt’s chest. But he was still alive. “You lose guardian.” Robotnik sneered. Ekyt’s hand clenched around the knife that was buried inside him. It was a vain maneuver, he knew. As he drew the bloodied weapon from his own body, he threw it down at Robotnik’s feet. “No. You die with me.” …2…1… BOOOM!

End Viewscreen)

Athair: In the current timeline, the death has not occurred, indicating that history has been changed. But we are unsure of where.

Lara-Su: Oh, for God’s sake! Didn’t you hear Robotnik?! “Guardian?” He’s not one! That’s where the timeline changed!

Paula-Su: And there’s no undoing it.

Aurora: For better or worse, she’s right. Time has changed…


Ekyt touched the wall and immediately felt his energy rebound. He grabbed the lead Pherinx around the neck and went to punch, but it disappeared. Then the world turned gray and Ekyt dropped into a shimmering green tunnel. He was greeted by the site of two echidna’s he hadn’t seen in years…

Kyle, Tracey (Both Shadowthe_Hedgehog), Colin, and Mitch stood at the base of Mount Fate. Ekyt had disappeared here, and Mitch’s tracking device indicated that he was alive, but apparently straight up.

On one side of the shimmering green chamber was Hawking, Knuckles Great, Great, Great Grandfather. On the other side was a sneering Kragok, the former leader of the Dark Legion. Hawking spoke first. “It seems you have a choice son.” Ekyt stared, dumbfounded. Kragok spoke. “You know things could be different. Imagine the power you could possess if the Dark Legion was at your command!” Hawking countered “Imagine the lives that are in jeopardy. Deep down, you know why you are here.” “No, I don’t!” Ekyt snarled. “I’m tired of the “Magical Mystery Tour” here! Why am I here, and what do I need to do to leave?” Hawking put a hand to his head, sending a single subconscious image to Ekyt’s brain. It was an old family picture. Ekyt, Linda, Paula, Kurt, and Ekyt’s parents. Kragok imitated Hawking’s movement, sending Ekyt a picture as well. This one was of Ekyt, a crown on his head, a black cape, and servants kneeling around him. “You can only have one of these. Which will it be? Family?” “…Or power?” Kragok finished. Ekyt gulped. “I see the point. This is a test, isn’t it? You want to see what I’ll choose. But it’s obvious, and I think you already know the answer Hawking.” Ekyt reached out to Hawking, who handed him his ring, a power ring with a chaos emerald on the top. “Welcome back…guardian.”

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 15, 2007, 7:41:30 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1(doesn't even bother to stop. Loved the chapter but is still looking for answers.)

Shadowthe_hedgehog on March 12, 2007, 8:10:56 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAWESOME ^^ He's a guardian again, SWEET!

Great chapter NG ^-^

nextguardian on March 12, 2007, 1:53:42 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianThank you^^ Glad you liked it

Flashthehedgehog on March 12, 2007, 2:17:09 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogHuh? This is confusing me. I mean I kind of get it but at the same time....0_o. Oh well I suppose this is type of reaction you're looking for? Well written!

nextguardian on March 12, 2007, 3:05:23 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianThank you! It is supposed to be...deep, I guess. I was trying to layer the story a bit.