Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 26 - Echinda, Human, Hedgehog

Fast-Forward 25 years. Dictorial King and a masochistic queen. The original group of Freedom Fighers are still around, but now their kids take the more active rolls, trying to save Mobius from the clutches of the Evil king. 'Takin "Future" fan chars

Chapter 26 - Echinda, Human, Hedgehog

Chapter 26 - Echinda, Human, Hedgehog
Julie-Su and Linda-Su had finally come to blows. The two sisters had each other in headlocks, and were rolling around, destroying furniture. The younger soldiers couldn’t help but just watch (That line was for you Flash, lol), while the older soldiers jumped in and held the two angry females apart. “My husband made yours everything he is! Or was!” Julie fired. Linda retaliated with a “You know something? Better he should have married a stump than you! Probably the same effect! And your hair looks like a lightning rod!” (Julie-Su has metal in her hair –NG)

Ekyt stood still. He had been around too long to believe everything he heard. “What?” he said quietly. From behind him, his daughter appeared. “You did it Dad! I told them you would!” she exclaimed, hugging him. “Paula? What?” “I set it up! You’re not the chosen one, but why can’t you just be guardian? I asked them, and they conjured up this test, and you passed it!” Ekyt looked almost mad for a second, but it was really surprise. “Thank you Paula. It means a lot that you would go to all that trouble.” Paula, along with Lara-Su, gave him matching smart-@$$ looks. “Geez Dad, I’m just your daughter!” “And I’m just your daughter’s best friend, and the hottest girl on the island!” Ekyt shot her a look of mock disgust. Lara shrugged. “It was worth a try.” Paula tapped her on the head.

Out of the corner of his eye, Ekyt saw Kragok get up and push Hawking over. Hawking was confined to a wheel chair, and could do nothing about it. As if in slow motion, Kragok drew a pistol. Ekyt’s eyes widened as he pushed the two girls out of the way as the pistol barked. Ekyt rushed forward, swinging for the fences. Kragok caught his hand. Undettered, Ekyt swung his leg around, hitting Kragok in the side. Ekyt wrestled the gun from his grip and kicked it away. Kragok’s metallic eye shot something at Ekyt, which hit him in the chest. It felt like someone was holding a torch to his skin. Ekyt kicked Kragok hard enough to knock out a couple of fangs before Kragok disappeared.

Lara looked at Ekyt’s back and nearly lost her lunch. “Dad…you’re bleeding.” Paula said. “Oh my God. We’ve got to get him to mom!” Paula exclaimed. Ekyt felt his back and his vision went fuzzy. “My God. Let’s get out of here. Can you two handle the chaos control?”

Linda and Paula broke away from the soldiers and started fighting again. They rolled over a chair and one of the hapless soldiers, who seemed to enjoy it. Unfortunately for him (lol, I’m sorry, that’s another one for Flash. That comment cracked me up! If no one understands what I’m talking about, read Flashthehedgehog’s comment a couple posts down –NG) Ekyt chose that moment to appear, along with Knuckles. Knuckles pried the two apart. Knuckles then grabbed the soldier by the shirt.

“Did you enjoy that?”
“What?”
“You think that’s funny?”
“What?”
“Entertaining?”
“What?”
“Two women, rolling around?”
“What?”
“Give you a thrill?”
“What?”

Ekyt shoved him away. “If you ever look at my wife, or her sister, that way again, I will personally make sure that you are never lucky enough to give her that perverted stare again. You get me?” “Y-yes.” “Good. Now you get out of here.” Ekyt gave him another shove as the soldier bolted for the door. Ekyt was mild-mannered normally, but his mother had always taught him to treat women with respect.

“What happened here?” Knuckles asked the two angry women. “She insulted you!” they said in stereo, pointing at their respective husbands. Knuckles and Ekyt exchanged glances. “There’s no hard feelings here Knux.” Ekyt said, smiling as the white band reappeared on his chest, visible through his shirt. Linda smiled and hugged him, and then Knuckles shook his hand. “Linda, Julie, c’mon, we’re family. I didn’t cause him to lose the Guardian title, and he was cool with it.” Knuckles said. Linda and Julie exchanged glances, their anger leaving them. “I’m sorry sis.” “Me too.” They both said, hugging. Funny, every soldier in the room turned away at that.

Ekyt suddenly dropped to his knees. Lara and Paula got back just in time. “He’s hurt! He just got shot by Kragok!” they both screamed. The name “Kragok sent chills down all of their spines.

Shadow. Robotnik. And Now, Kragok. “For their triumvirate to be counter-balanced, we must form one of our own. The Dark Legion. Swatbots. And Disciples of Darkness.” Shadow said with a smile. “The Echinda, the Human, and the Hedgehog. They’ll be eliminated. And this group, echidna, human, and hedgehog, will succeed.”

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on August 15, 2007, 7:57:06 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1(appears and barks happily as it all falls into place) Ah. You clever dog you! (pouncer on you and hold you down while trying to decide if to bite you or grin) You had me so confused there for a while. Now I get it. It was a test although I'm not really sure what the whole choice thing was. It was sweet none the less! (bounces happily to the next chapter)

Flashthehedgehog on March 15, 2007, 2:39:32 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogLol. I guess not all men are like Eykt. I'm totally siked (or however you spell it, at least that's how you pronouce it) that you used my comment there. It's very true here in England.

Great chapter

nextguardian on March 15, 2007, 12:12:22 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianI tried to make him special and different...Anyway, no problem, the comment managed to crack me up and inspire me at the same time!

Shadowthe_hedgehog on March 13, 2007, 7:12:55 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogAWESOME! Great chapter, I can't wait to see what happens next!

nextguardian on March 13, 2007, 11:13:43 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianthank you ^^