Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - One Strange Day...

The Story:
A Mini-Series for my fan char, Ekyt. I'll continue this if people like it.


The Game:
This is based on the game, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), released for the Xbox360 and Playstaion 3.

Chapter 2 - One Strange Day...

Chapter 2 - One Strange Day...
Elise ordered the servants to bring drinks. She asked nicely, actually, more than gave orders. Something that impressed her guest, though he didn’t show it.

Elise and the servants led the way up a marble staircase, covered in a red carpet. The place was huge, cathedral-sized ceilings. Paintings were everywhere. The stranger was definitely out of place.

Elise finally sat down at a table and gestured for him to do that same. “So, do you have a name?” Elise asked gently. The stranger smiled. “I’m Ekyt.” “I’m Elise. I’m the acting ruler of Soleanna, even though I’m only a Princess.” She said with a smile, sipping at a drink in a cup with a gold rim. “Oh, I’m sorry! I’m not trying to brag!” Ekyt, as she now knew him, smiled understandingly. “I understand, it’s alright.” Elise was surprised that someone who was so young…younger than her…could switch personalities, but in a good way. “If you don’t mind my asking…how old are you? 14? 15?” Ekyt answered “18. No one believes me, but I’m 18.” Elise cocked her head. “Really? I believe it, talking to you. You look younger, I must admit….anyway, I’ve heard that you’re a traveler. Have you traveled far?” “I’m not really a traveler. I knew where I was going. Hoping I could do some good…get away from my world for a while…” Elise’s smile faded. “What happened?”

“I’m something of an outcast. Where I come from, it’s not “cool” to be the good guy anymore. Chivalry is dead. I never cared to be accepted by a society like that. I read a lot about history. And I read about Soleanna. I decided to come here.” “And it’s a good thing you did! That man would have killed me…or worse…” Elise said, unconsciously fingering her pendant. “Worse than death?” Ekyt asked, in a calm voice. “Yes. You seem, before my father dies, he concealed in me the ability to unlock a great…but terrible…power, known as the Flames of Disaster. They could wipe out nations. But we’re peaceful.” “Inside you? How do you…I mean…I’m sorry, that’s just being nosy.” Ekyt backed off. “No, I’ve needed to tell someone. If I cry, then the Flames can be unleashed. Things have been hard, and keeping my emotions in check is even harder. I’m only fifteen, and I’m alone…” “You’re very strong then. You’re leading a nation with that on your shoulders. You’re a very good speaker. I just got here, and I was ready to do anything to help this country.” Ekyt told her, truthfully. “Really? That’s amazing! You know…I think you’re the only one near my age here…my generation was hit hard by the Flames of Disaster when they were first unleashed…It’s great to have someone to talk to that understands!”

Ekyt left the castle, almost as much a mystery to Elise as though he had never talked to her. “I don’t understand….” Elise commented to herself. “It’s like he told me what I wanted to hear without actually telling me anything…But he was so nice!” She sighed and looked out the window. She thought she spotted him in the distance. “Miss Elise?” Marietta stunned her. “Oh, I’m sorry Marietta. I was just…” “He is a handsome boy Miss Elise.” Marietta said with a smile. “Oh, really!” Elise giggled all the same. For the first time in a long time, she felt like a teenager instead of a ruler.

Ekyt leaned back against a wall. “Better find some permanent digs around here…Was she putting the moves on me? That’s nice and all…but I doubt I’m a good match.” He had too many horrible experiences with humans to even consider a relationship.

Six boys confronted Ekyt. “We’re the Soleanna boys! Someday we’re going to protect the Princess.” One said in a snotty voice. “Congratulations.” Ekyt said, trying to get some emotion up. Mouth little…no, no, that’s in the past, no need to get all defensive. He’s a kid. “And we don’t think you can handle the job. I’ll make a deal with you: If you can best us in our best sports, we’ll back off your case.” Ekyt narrowed his eyes. “Sure. If it’ll make you feel better. I know you’re a little concerned I’m moving in on your turf, but I just helped out because it was the right thing.” “YOU KISSED HER DIDN’T YOU!” a blond by with a sideways hat yelled. “No…why is that on your mind? YOU want to kiss the Princess, don’t you?” Ekyt returned with a grin. “Um, guys, let’s leave him alone.”

Ekyt walked around the city, stopping suddenly to take note of something, then walking again. A few people walked up to him, thanking him for saving their Princess. One old woman, with gray hair in a tight bun on her head actually talked with him. “The Princess, she fancies you boy.” She said, with a toothless smile. “You have better sources than I do.” Ekyt returned courteously. “It’s all in the cards boy. Long has she waited for a male to court her.” Ekyt laughed good naturedly. “She could do better than me.” The old woman smiled again. “She has room for another in her heart…blue, very fast…yes, not human. Make time quickly boy, for soon it will be too late.” Ekyt stopped to look at her. “The cards say that she “fancies me?” The cards must be wrong. No human has cared for me, family aside. A Princess?” “Don’t doubt the cards boy! It’s all here! Hero, yes, you will be a hero, your ambition. A footnote in history…time will tell…Blue, speed, yes, yes… very soon…yes.” “Well, thank you. Right now, I’ve got to go.” Ekyt bowed courteously.

“Miss Elise?” The new maid, Bridgette, walked in carefully. “What’s the matter Bridgette?” The new maid was twelve years old, and very shy. Her family had been among those killed. “I-I tried to get the records of those I-inside the city. But the one you said…he d-doesn’t…isn’t a citizen.” “Thank you anyway Bridgette.” Elise said quietly. “Not a citizen? Then how did he…get past the guards?”

Ekyt found a new home underneath Soleanna. It was a never-used sewer system. Soleanna’s people had found a different way to deal with waste, so this was perfect. The only person who knew where he lived was the shopkeeper who sold Ekyt his shoes. After he had helped Elise, the old man had taken a liking to him.

Elise paused as she went to light the torch. It would celebrate the Soleanna new year. “Miss Elise?” She looked up and shook her head. “Sorry, I’m fine.” She held the torch to the center of a pedestal. It went ablaze, as the crowd cheered. A hand was on Elise’s shoulder. “Congratulation, my Princess.” It was that stranger with the coat…Ekyt. “I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you.” Elise told him fondly. Ekyt managed a smile and a wave at the people, who seemed happy to see him and Elise. “Miss Elise? Miss Elise!”

Elise was shook awake by her maid. “I’m sorry. I just had the strangest dream…”

Ekyt sat up, nearly hitting his head on the grate. “What? Something is really wrong here…” Ekyt had a dream that he standing next to the Princess…Elise, that was it. She lit a torch, and people cheered. “That old lady’s fortune telling must have gotten to me.” He muttered.

“Oh, Madam Primrose! Please, come in! What’s my fortune this week?” Elise asked excitedly. Madam Primrose was always right. “New boy, yes…Handsome, young…three years…You met him…yesterday!” Elise nodded tentatively. “Hmm…heroic…yes, yes…sturdy…loyal…” Elise grinned broadly, liking where this was going. “Good ruler, yes…but not the one, no…he cares, yes…blue…animal, very fast animal, fifteen years old…yes, perfect match. Human boy…hmm…pain…pain…girl too.” Madam Primrose stopped. “You will get closer to him, but your real love is a blue, fast animal. The boy, he is destined for pain, heroism, but pain. He too will meet another…but he cares for you, your majesty…in what way, I cannot tell…” Elise gulped. “Thank you. I need to walk, clear my head.”

Ekyt stretched and yanked his coat straight. He climbed out from under a bridge. It was another beautiful day (Didn’t it ever rain here?). He was trying to figure out that dream. Suddenly, someone bumped into him. “Oh, I’m sorry, I just…it’s you!” Ekyt was staring at Elise. “Good Morning Princess.” She grabbed his arm. “Please, come with me. We have to talk.”

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shadowthe_hedgehog on June 4, 2007, 4:49:56 AM

Shadowthe_hedgehog on
Shadowthe_hedgehogaw man, must... keep... reading... darn it, I have to do some chores, I'll get back to reading it soon ^^

Flashthehedgehog on May 20, 2007, 10:25:34 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogOH MY GOD! This chapter and this story is all so great. There's me sheepishly reading while thinking, when do I ever put so much detail in my stories. You plan yours, I just write whatever while watching television and pick out the best bits. lol

alchemest1 on May 20, 2007, 8:02:11 AM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1not now have to read the next one! To good to stop. Got to see what happens! Bye!