Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The Saga Continues...

The Story:
A Mini-Series for my fan char, Ekyt. I'll continue this if people like it.


The Game:
This is based on the game, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), released for the Xbox360 and Playstaion 3.

Chapter 4 - The Saga Continues...

Chapter 4 - The Saga Continues...
NOTE: Obviously, this will not follow the game’s route perfectly. Just for the record…So, here we go!

Soleanna’s citizens were in a panic without Elise. “What will we do?!” “Mommy, I’m scared!” “Who was that blue hedgehog?” Elise’s attendants were standing near Ekyt and Linda. They were staring at him, for some reason. “What’s going on?” Linda asked them cautiously. “We’re waiting for orders from the master.” One pointed at Ekyt. “Me? How did…” “Elise named you her successor if she couldn’t fufill her duties. It’s an age-old law that forces you to accept the throne until a replacement is deemed appropriate.”

Ekyt walked up the palace steps, still shocked, but not showing it. Linda stopped. “Best of luck.” Ekyt stopped. “You don’t want to come in?” Linda pointed at herself. “I didn’t know I was invited!” “You just saved my life.” Ekyt pointed out. “Yeah, but I’ve helped a lot of people. Most don’t say thanks. Then again, you’re not most people, that’s easy to tell.”

Sonic stopped running and let Elise down gently. “Oh! You’re hurt!” Elise knelt down and pointed at his arm. Sonic had tied a bandage around it. “It’s nothing.” he said evasively. “Don’t say that! Oh, this is all my fault!” Elise exclaimed. “Elise…smile. That’s all I need.” Sonic told her. A butterfly flew up and landed on his nose. He turned slowly to Elise. She brushed it away, finally giving Sonic a glowing smile. “Hold on!” he told her. “I can’t run that fast!” she told him. “Just put your head down and run!” Sonic called back. She kept up with him as he towed her around the meadow. The breeze Sonic caused when he ran felt good, fluttering the feathers in her hair. “I’ve never run so fast before!” Elise told him, panting and laughing in amazement. “If you have time to worry, run.” Sonic said with a trademark grin and thumbs-up.

“I know you don’t approve of me being here.” Ekyt said to the maid. “No, I just.” “I understand. I’m a stranger here, whether I helped the Princess or not.” Marietta (the maid) told him “The princess is fond of you.” Ekyt nodded. “So she said…But her heart belongs to another. I’m hardly royalty.” He said, with a hollow smile. Marietta’s heart softened. No matter how confident the young man acted, or how cool he tried to be, his heart had to be torn open, and his mind had to be on overload. “Can I get either of you anything?” “He’ll take a bandage, and I’ll take a some water. (Laughs). I’m sorry. Could you tell me where I could stay? I can’t go anywhere until Shadow gets back. Wherever he is. Or Sonic, for that matter.” “You can stay here, of course. It seems that you’ve piqued our ruler’s interests.” They both laughed. Ekyt didn’t hear any of this; or at least he acted as though he didn’t. “I’ll go get a guest room ready. Excuse me.” Marietta tapped Ekyt on the shoulder. “If you’ll take some advice, you might want to give your people a quick speech.” Marietta gave him an accepting smile.

Sonic carried Elise through the jungle. “We’re getting outta this cave!” They shot around some robots, who couldn’t hope to match Sonic’s speed. “Wow! Thank you Sonic! Is it safe to go back to Soleanna?” she asked. “I’m not sure yet. We’d better give Eggman time to leave.” Sonic told her. “I hope Ekyt does okay as ruler.” Sonic looked at her. “Ekyt? What’s an “Ekyt?”” “He’s that human boy. He’s acting ruler since I’m gone.” Sonic looked uncomfortable. “Were you and him- together?” Elise looked troubled. “One kiss, that was all. It was foretold we would meet, and that he would be inflicted with pain to help me, and I wouldn’t be part of his life…at least not romantically.” Sonic looked at her. “You feel bad. You shouldn’t Elise. I’m sure he understands.”

“Thanks again for the help Linda.” Ekyt told the pretty echidna. “Oh, it’s no problem. You’d better give that speech.” “Yeah.”

The crowd gathered around the balcony. “It’s him! Let him speak!” There were hushed whispers, followed by silence, as they looked at the young man on the balcony. His coat billowed like a flag behind him. “I know you’re all concerned for the Princess. I want to assure you that Elise is fine. That “Blue Wind” you saw was a hedgehog. I have it on good word that he’s a hero. And you can all rest assured you’ll get your Princess back. In the meantime, she had asked me to watch over the country. And I’ll be honored if you’ll accept me Soleanna.”

Linda watched as Ekyt launched into a speech, one that had the crowd transfixed. He was asking for their acceptance. Linda felt like she had known him longer than a couple hours. She leaned against the wall, eyes half-lidded. It had been a long journey. She suddenly heard a commotion.

The people cheered. One voice rang out. “Where is the Iblis Trigger?” A silver hedgehog marched through the crowd, followed by a female purple cat. “We’re listening to a speech stranger. You can wait until it’s over!” The shoemaker yelled out. The people shouted agreement. The man glowed green with energy, and was thrown violently against the wall. The newcomer had made a motion with his arm, and his palms were glowing with the same color as the man he had just threw. “Step aside, please.” Ekyt jumped down, landing with a CLOMP sound on the brick street outside the palace. “I don’t know who you are, but you aren’t going to just walk in and attack people.” Ekyt said pleasantly, but sternly. “You can’t stop me! I need to find the Iblis Trigger!” “No one will get in your way if you don’t attack.” Ekyt said calmly. One of the Soleanna boys kicked Silver in the shins. Silver raised him up with what Ekyt recognized as telekinetic energy. “You little brat!” “Put him down!” Ekyt snarled. The town had never seen him angry, and backed away. Silver threw the boy on a roof.

Ekyt suddenly felt his body seized by some unknown energy. “You have gotten in my way. You must be disposed of!” Ekyt flew backward into a wall. A table flew into him. A pile mounted on him.

Linda saw this from the balcony and took action. She glided into Silver, breaking his concentration. Ekyt pushed a table off, his arm bleeding again, and a cut on his forehead. He watched as Silver lifted Linda up. Lowering his shoulder, he charged Silver. He caught him from behind. Linda landed on her feet. “Get everyone to safety! I’ll hold him off!” The purple cat jumped in. “Wait, please, wait!” She ran over to the silver hedgehog. “I’m sorry. He’s young. He wasn’t supposed to attack anyone but the Iblis Trigger. If you were from our world, you’d understand…” In a ball of fire, the two left.

Ekyt walked over to Linda. “You alright?” “Peachy.” She responded. The town gathered back around. “He’s left! Can anyone reach the boy on the roof?” “I can!” Linda responded happily. She climbed back up on the balcony and glided across to the roof where the “Soleanna Boy” was trapped. She brought him down to cheers. “Are you the new Princess?” the boy asked. “Huh? Oh, no! Him and I aren’t together!” she exclaimed, blushing.

Sonic was suddenly hit by a force as he ran through town. Eggman had stolen Elise, thanks to the distraction caused by that Silver Hedgehog. He had just got done wasting some of Eggman’s mechs. Now this Silver hedgehog was going on about him being the “Iblis Trigger.” Whatever that was. The only explanation that hedgehog was giving was with tables and chairs from a café. “That’s it! You’ve got me mad! Let’s go imitation-hedgehog!”

Ekyt looked at the scene and smiled to himself. Not that I’d object to being with her. It’s not even her beauty that I’m attracted to! She’s so…pure, I guess. She deserves better than me…And what about Elise? I hope she’s alright…It’s hard to believe that our “relationship” was one kiss…admittedly a good one, and a first for both of us. All of a sudden, I’m ruling a country, a beautiful good Samaritan saves my life, I save hers…busy day…Wait, what am I thinking?! Is it an insult to Elise to meet a girl so quickly…though we’re not together, she just said so…I just don’t know what to think…Elise, I hope you’re okay…”

“Here you are. This is the best guest room. Right across the hall from the young Prince.” Marietta joked. Ekyt raised an eyebrow. “You’re not afraid of being across the hall from a wolf like me?” Linda laughed. “You know, most girls would probably be insulted that a boy would jump from one girl to another so quickly. But you know, you have been so open and honest with me, that I haven’t doubted for a minute that you really are as innocent as you seem.” Ekyt wasn’t sure what to day to that. “How about a goodnight kiss?” Linda said mischievously. Marietta smiled. All the world loves a lover. She leaned forward, eyes closed. He started to do the same. She ducked into her room and shut the door. WHAP! “Ah!” Apparently Ekyt had bounced off the door. “Sorry, try again tomorrow kiddo! ‘Night!” Linda laughed at the joke. Somehow, she knew he wouldn’t be bothered.

Ekyt smiled. She had him, hook, line, and sinker. Or, sucker, in his case. “I don’t think I’ll be sleeping too well Marietta.” Ekyt said, still smiling. “You’d better at least get some rest. You’ll have a busy day tomorrow.”

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Orelin on May 21, 2007, 5:54:34 AM

Orelin on
OrelinAwesome job, write more, I'll be sure to read it ^_^ Later!!!!
-Orelin

Flashthehedgehog on May 21, 2007, 12:32:32 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogAwesome, I haven't got the same so it'll be nice to see what happens in it with the addition of Eykt of course

alchemest1 on May 20, 2007, 4:55:04 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Yay! You weren't kidding when you said you were going to give it a twist. Wow. Love it!!! Definity a change in Ekyt. This is a side i have rarely seen of him great job with that. KeeP them coming. I want more. ^_^