Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Saying Goodbye...

The Story:
A Mini-Series for my fan char, Ekyt. I'll continue this if people like it.


The Game:
This is based on the game, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), released for the Xbox360 and Playstaion 3.

Chapter 5 - Saying Goodbye...

Chapter 5 - Saying Goodbye...
Ekyt woke up early, having dozed off briefly. He had a strange dream that Elise was kissing that blue hedgehog…

He got up and went about his morning routine. He tossed on his coat last and walked out the door. He winced as his left foot hurt, from a table landing on it. “What is it that “Silver” hedgehog wanted? Something about an “Iblis Trigger?” What’s an Iblis, for starters…” Ekyt wondered aloud. He walked downstairs and out the door.

He had just stepped out onto the light-yellow brick street when two creatures fell from a void in front of him. A black hedgehog with some red, and white bat wearing a pink top and leather pants. “Great landing Shadow.” The bat said sarcastically. “Hmmph.” Rouge, the white bat, looked up, seeing the human. He offered her a hand up. “Thanks kiddo. I’m Rouge, and this surly bag of angst is Shadow.” Ekyt didn’t seem surprised. “I’m Ekyt. I’m, um, apparently ruling this city until the Princess gets back.” “The Princess…gone? AGH!” Shadow roared. “What Shadow means to say, is have you seen a blue hedgehog?” “Yeah, he was carrying the Princess. And he’s over there…oh man!”

Sonic and Silver were fighting. Silver finally caught sonic and used his telekinetic abilities to throw Sonic into a wall. Sonic slid down, half-concious. “It ends here, Iblis Trigger!” A pink hedgehog jumped in the way. “No Silver!” she shouted. Her red skirt billowed in the wind. You could hear the fabric move in the silence. “Out of the way Amy!” Ekyt grabbed Silver. “That’s enough! I’ve warned you…” Silver swung at Ekyt. Ekyt ducked and kicked upward, twisting his body around, putting some mustard behind the kick. “OOF!” Silver fell backward. “Thanks! I’ve gotta go save Elise!” Sonic said with a thumbs off. He ran off. Silver punched the ground. “NO! I HAD HIM! I HAD THE IBLIS TRIGGER!” Silver chased after Sonic. “You’ve met this hedgehog before?” Shadow asked. “Yeah. He saved the Princess.” Rouge tapped her chin and walked around Ekyt. “Hmm. I’m guessing you’re ruling because you and the Princess are an item…I can see where she’d like that…” “Were an item. I met one of your group, an echidna girl…” “Linda? Wow, you wolf!” Rouge said, slapping his shoulder. “Linda’s not an easy girl to handle. She’s tough, and almost as beautiful as me.” Ekyt widened his eyes in a comic expression. “Well, it was kinda in the cards…” Shadow har-umphed impatiently. “We need that girl back so we can leave.” “Shadow! This is true love!” Rouge said in an exaggerated voice.

Ekyt climbed up the stairs. “You’re party’s here.” Ekyt told Linda, without the usual briskness in his voice. “Huh? Shadow and Rouge? When’d they get here?” “Just now.” “Hmm. Oh well. Get out so I can change my clothes.” She said with a small grin. “What, I can’t stay?” Ekyt mumbled. A shoe hit him in the back of the head as he walked out. “I wasn’t serious!” he protested. “I know. It was just in case you were.”

Linda glided down to where Ekyt was talking to Rouge and Shadow. “Ah, here’s the queen herself! String ‘em along and break their hearts, eh?” Rouge gave Linda a mocking punch on the arm. “Oh hush. At least I can do better than Knuckles.” Rouge rolled her eyes. “When you have an ace, you play it.” Linda said, grinning broadly with a shrug. She turned back to Ekyt. “Hey…you got a minute?” She asked. “Yeah, no problem.” Ekyt said, falsely chipper.

Linda escorted him away to an alley. “Thanks…for everything.” Linda told him. “I didn’t do anything. Thanks for saving my life…twice.” Linda shrugged. “You’ll do fine. The people like you here. And Elise’ll be back soon.” Ekyt titled his head, looking past her. “Looks like Shadow wants to leave.” “How’s your arm?” “Still attached, thanks to you. I doubt I’ll be perfectly comfortable, but that’s never stopped me before.” Linda fixed the collar of his coat. “You’ll get there.” She hugged him, and he managed to return it. “Well, I’m sure I’ll see you again.” Linda told Ekyt. “Sure, happens all the time.” Lind ran off, with a quick wave over her shoulder. “Chaos Control!” the one called “Shadow” called out. The three vanished into thin air.

“Sir? Where did the girl go?” Marietta asked. “She had to go home.” Marietta’s face dropped. “Oh. I see. Hmm…Well, you have nothing to do today, why don’t you explore the city?” “Thanks Marietta. Maybe I’ll check out the forest or something.”

Sonic and Elise jumped from the Egg Carrier. At the same time, Shadow fought with a sadistic shadow monster, Mephiles. Mephiles looked like Shadow, except with purple quills. “You can’t hope to beat me with your limited power!” Mephiles taunted. “Why risk yourself for those (meaning humans) who will turn on you later?” Shadow reached for the rings on his wrists. “If they decide to turn on me…” clink, one ring hit the floor, “Then I’ll fight, like I always have…” Shadow took off in a blaze of fire, skating furiously through the Mephiles clones, destroying them.

“Are you okay, Elise?” “Thanks to you Sonic!” She kissed the stunned hedgehog. He picked her up again, and started running before Mephiles was in his way…

Ekyt was miserable. He had walked around the town, then had slunk into his darkened bedroom. “Two of them…Is this what the fortune teller meant by pain? Or was that my arm and leg? Either way, I think I got a raw deal…but that’s nothing new. I shouldn’t be surprised. Those two could have anyone they wanted…And there’s more to life…like kicking Eggman out of this city and getting Elise back in command…She knows what she’s doing, while I’m learning it as I go along, lighting that firecracker when I come to it…I have to do something…but what?” The answer would soon become apparent.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on May 23, 2007, 2:04:47 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogAwesome I got a little confused with Mephiles so I revised up on him. I lot of the story makes a lot more sense now

nextguardian on May 23, 2007, 3:09:07 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianMy bad, he was kind of an after thought. I'm trying to introduce all the characters in a coherent manner. Didn't work, lol :D

alchemest1 on May 22, 2007, 3:11:56 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1MORE! MORE! Whats going on? Poor Ekyt two girls gone in that short of time. Sounds to of like this might be a game of who gets who. Oooo! Can't wait to find out whats going on. So much action so little time. Love it. MORE!

Orelin on May 22, 2007, 2:25:09 PM

Orelin on
OrelinKeep it coming!!!!
-Orelin