Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Genjutsu: Night's only Friend!

Your favorite pack of lovable, hard-headed ninjas in a new adventure!

Chapter 8 - Genjutsu: Night's only Friend!

Chapter 8 - Genjutsu: Night's only Friend!
Ekyt returned to his shabby apartment, if you could call it that. It had white walls that Ekyt had tried to paint, eventually giving up because of the multiple cracks in the plaster. Ekyt had nails all over the wall, some holding scrolls, some holding weapons. On the window, a Money Tree was growing, apparently blissfully unaware of it’s shabby surroundings. One wall had a fist hole in it, after one night of frustration. The bathroom was in tact (mercifully), and the small kitchen was stocked, mostly with three-minute ramen, since Ekyt spent more time training that cooking. Since he was almost never there, Ekyt didn’t even think of the place as “Home,” it was more of a hotel. A crummy one…If I ever DO find a girl, I sure as heck won’t bring her here! I can barely live here myself! That was a lie, and Ekyt knew it. The place suited him at times. If he wrecked it in a fit of rage when he couldn’t learn a technique, who cared. Once I’m elite, I’ll bring my parents here. I can’t endanger them. Not until I can protect them.

He changed out of his sweat-soaked and blood-stained clothes, pulling on a fresh pair of gi pants and a t-shirt. He kept his jacket and kunai with him at all times. He put in the tape of his latest fight, and unrolled his scroll, making notes on it as he watched the fights. He was proud of himself in some respect; he had two jutsu’s that were unique to him. But he still hadn’t won. He studied Akira’s fighting style, not seeing any particular reason to be worried, aside from the fact that the match had ended in a tie.

I should have landed that kick sooner. I didn’t follow up my jutsu’s quick enough, even a half-second would have given me the win. That guy’s jutsus were devastating…how could anyone pre-genin pull that off? Then again, I shouldn’t be able to fight at all. But still…Wait, what was that? Ekyt re-wound the tape, his eyes widening in alarm. He saw someone in the crowd, a face he knew all too well. Then another one, right next to that one. “I’ve gotta tell Kakashi-sensei about this…” he muttered, getting up. He stored his staff under his light jacket, and put his kunai in a pouch that was holstered tightly high on his right leg. He heard a knock at the door. “Who is it?” he asked, keeping any emotion out of his voice. “It’s just us!” Naruto’s voice said. Ekyt opened the door, feeling relieved. Then he jumped back. Then he laughed. “Dang, Naruto, good one!” Naruto’s Sexy Jutsu had greeted Ekyt. Naruto returned in a puff of smoke, grinning at his prank. “Good one Naruto.” Sasuke said. Ekyt narrowed his good eye. “Some match tonight, huh? Man, when Hinata kissed me afterward!” Ekyt exclaimed. That never happened, but it worked to test his theory. “Yeah, that was something!” Naruto said. Sasuke smiled…smiled? Oh boy…Fight or flee? I’ve got warn the others, I can salvage my pride later…No way this is the REAL Naruto and Sasuke… “Guys, can you give me a minute?” Ekyt asked. “Sure thing!”

Ekyt ducked back inside, shutting the door. He looked around his room. Grabbing the leather pouch he had used when he was delivering the letter to Kakashi, he used a quick “Projectile Weapons Jutsu.” He cursed when he remembered that it needed a small blood tribute to work with a summoning scroll. Grimacing, he found a small, slightly open cut and dug in with his fingers. The blood hit the scroll, unrolling it. Ekyt stuffed the tape, a few weapons, some clothes, and some water, then shut the scroll and rolled it up. The jutsu he used would allow him to carry all this at a normal scroll weight. He tucked the scroll away. Then he breathed out, calming down, and opened the door. “Sorry, I forgot I left the water running. You wouldn’t believe the mess.” Ekyt said, in mock exasperation. “Naruto” reached out a hand. Ekyt’s sweeping kunai met it. Poof! The illusion disappeared. A bandaged-faced ninja laughed. “So, you saw through that, did you?” Ekyt backed up a step, kunai at the ready. “I’m afraid your old friend, Jr. Lord Chakaro, doesn’t want you alive.” Ekyt gulped. “Chakaro, huh? Give him a message for me.” Ekyt said. “You can tell him yourself, he wants the pleasure of killing you.” The ninja that was disguised as Sasuke said. The ninja transformed back to his…her original state. “Daiko…leave us for a minute…” she said forcefully. The man bowed and stepped outside.

“Listen to me! There is no time to argue! You’ve got to come with me!” the girl urged. “Forget it.” Ekyt said, backing up. “Please…please, you’re in danger. You need me…and I need you.” Ekyt narrowed his good eye. He watched in alarm as the girl, roughly eighteen, he guesses, shed her jacket, revealing a very short top. She was pretty, with long brown hair. She seemed so innocent… “Please…Protect me…Chakaro’s forcing me to do this…he says he’ll kill me…I almost married him, it was a mistake! Please…please…it’s YOU I love!” Ekyt jerked out of her reach. “Sorry. But I don’t trust you. Nothing you do or say is going to change that.” The girl sobbed. “I’m so…lonely…I could use a man like you to keep me company at night…” she said suggestively. Ekyt shook his head. “Sorry, find someone dumber.” The girl grabbed his wrist, still sobbing. “You don’t understand.” “And I never will.” Ekyt said, getting up. “But I can show you so much…” she whispered, laying a hand on his chest. Ekyt put a hand on hers. “Okay, sit down. Think this through…” he said. She did, apparently calming down. “Now, let go of me.” Ekyt said. The girl tightened her grip. “DAIKO!” she yelled. Ekyt winced. Using his free hand, he sliced the knife down, onto her wrist, lopping the hand off. Then he leapt out the window into the night.

Along the way, Ekyt saw Naruto and Sasuke. “Hey, what’s the rush!” Naruto called. Ekyt almost answered, then shook his head. “I can’t believe Tenten kissed me the other night! Awesome huh?! You were there Naruto!” Naruto looked confused. “When did she kiss you?” he asked. “Loser, you made that up.” Sasuke muttered. Ekyt grinned behind his mask. “Please, come with me, I’ve got to speak with Kakashi-sensei, and” Ekyt’s voice trailed off when three shuriken forced him to do a stupid sort of half-flip to avoid them. “Come on!” He channeled his chakra to his legs and ran, with Naruto and Sasuke next to him. “Why are they attacking?” Sasuke asked. “I’ll explain later! It concerns both of you!” “We can’t go straight to Kakashi, we’ve got to lose these other ninjas…can everyone do a transformation jutsu?” Naruto could, but Ekyt couldn’t. “I’ve got an idea!” Naruto exclaimed. “Shadow Clone Jutsu!” Getting the idea, Ekyt used his clone jutsu as well. Four sets of clones, Ekyt, Naruto, and Sasuke, appeared and ran in four different directions. “Disappearing jutsu!” all three said as one, focusing on their own clothes as the targets. They ran as fast as they dared.

BAM! Kakashi looked up. “Who could that be?” he wondered, shutting his book irritably. When he opened the door, Naruto, Sasuke, and Ekyt tumbled inside, shutting the door quickly. “Kakashi-Sensei! We” Ekyt yelled over Naruto. “I took your advice Kakashi-Sensei! I used my Sharingan, and I read Make-Out paradise, and frenched Ino!” he called. Kakashi lifted up his headband. “You don’t have Sharingan Ekyt. And you…frenched Ino? What are you” “Okay, it’s him.” Sasuke said. Kakashi looked around at the three tired ninjas. “Sorry Kakashi-Sensei. There are some bad…other ninjas around. I’ve got proof. Is there any way to get Anko-Sensei here? No, to Lord Hogake’s? It’s imperative!” “You’ll have to show me why first.” Kakashi said. Ekyt put the tape in, pointing to the crowd. Kakashi leaned forward, studying the screen. “Kabuto?” he said, surprised. “Chakaro’s next to him.” Ekyt pointed out. “Where Kabuto is, there’s…Orochimaru.” Kakashi said. “Okay, you three. Stay with me at all times. We’re going to Lord Hokage. But we’ve got to round up the others, without alerting too much suspicion…and we’ve got to make sure it’s really them…Sasuke, you lead Naruto and Ekyt to Lord Hokagee. Use your Sharingan before speaking to anyone. I’ll get the others. Go directly there, demand entry. DO NOT come look for me if I don’t show up. Do you understand?” “Yes Sensei.” The four leapt off.

(NOTE: THE THIRD HOKAGE IS USED IN THIS FIC)

“Orochimaru? Man, I never got a chance to kick his sorry butt! He better not come near me, I’ll go ninja on his butt at the drop of a chopstick, believe it!” Naruto seemed to be relishing the whole situation. “Ekyt, any idea why they’re after you?” Sasuke asked. “Chakaro…he wants me dead.” Ekyt said. “And Orochimaru wants me dead…” Sasuke muttered. “Dead or serving him…I’m going for the third choice.” Sasuke added. They arrived at Lord Hokage’s office, and were quickly ushered into a sitting room. The Third Hokage, looking wise, but deadly (Despite his obvious age) was sitting. “It is very late for students to be out.” he said in a friendly but questioning tone. Naruto and Ekyt looked to Sasuke, who used his Sharingan. “It’s him.” Sasuke muttered. “You do not answer?” Naruto and Sasuke looked at Ekyt. “Lord Hokage, I am new to the village, a student of Kakashi Hatake, Asuma Sarutobi, and Might Guy. I am called Ekyt, and I come bearing disturbing news.” “Please, continue Ekyt. Your fight earlier was impressive for one so new to our art.” Ekyt bowed at the compliment. “Lord Hokage, if you I may…” Ekyt unrolled his scroll and extracted the tape. “I was attacked by two ninja I don’t know. They used some sort of genjutsu to disguise themselves as Naruto and Sasuke. I found a hole in their disguises. One of them, a woman, maybe eighteen, begged me to stay and protect her from…” Ekyt shook his head. “The tape from the exam earlier, I can show you better than explain.” At Lord Hokage’s nod, Ekyt put the tape in. He had stopped it at the spot he needed. “That is Kabuto, a known servant of Orichimaru.” Sasuke piped in, speaking for the first time. Ekyt nodded in agreement. “And next to him is a student of mine from previous arts, before we arrived here. Chakaro Tamaki. He attacked me and aligned himself with Kabuto.” The Third Hokage studied the screen. “Have you told anyone else?” he said. “Only Kakashi-Sensei. He’s getting anyone who might be in imminent danger and bringing them, as well as Anko Mitarashi.” Ekyt informed him. The Hokage sat back. “Very well. Let me see…Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki…and Ekyt, is it?” The three nodded, suddenly intimidated by the old man. “You three have done your village a great service.” Ekyt looked over at Naruto. “Lord Hokage…Naruto is to thank.” Naruto looked up in surprise. “His Shadow Clone Jutsu is what got us away safely. And Sasuke’s Sharingan.” Lord Hokage smiled at Ekyt’s attempt to transfer credit off himself. “All three of you have shown bravery here tonight. You will all be commended. Now, please excuse me. You are welcome to stay here and talk.”

Naruto and Sasuke looked over at Ekyt. “Why would you mention that?” Sasuke asked. “You two deserve the credit. All the extra work you’ve put in, helping me. I wouldn’t have been alive to watch the video without your help.” Ekyt shrugged. “Besides…we’ve all got pasts to conquer, and we’re all going about doing it our own way.” The doors opened. Sakura was the first one in, grabbing the three kneeling on the floor in a hug. “Oh Thank God, you guys are all right!” she exclaimed. (Picture inflated, red faces, since all three are choking.) “We-won’t-be-if-you-don’t-stop-choking-us!” Naruto gasped. “Eh heh heh, sorry!” she said sheepishly, with a laugh. (Arm behind her head in classic anime embarrassed pose.)

“If you’re done strangling our witnesses Sakura, I’d like to ask them a few questions.” Anko said, as per usual not leaving room for argument. “Whoa, ANBU!” Naruto exclaimed. “What?” Ekyt asked, now familiar with them. “Sort of ninja Black Ops.” Sasuke said by way of explanation.

After questioning, the three young ninjas were left to rest. Sakura joined them for a while. “Oh, Sakura, by the way, while we’re all sure of who’s who…The test to see if we’re really who we say is me talking about who kissed me after my match. It never happened, so if anyone believes it, they’re an imposter.” Sakura giggled. “And whose names have you used?” she asked. “Tenten, Ino (Sakura looks ticked), and Hinata. I didn’t use your name because I didn’t know how you’d feel about it.” “Ino will brag about it, Tenten will murder you, and Hinata will politely…kill you!” Sakura laughed. “It’s okay, you can use my name, I won’t kill you for it.” She said amiably. “Like that would ever happen.” Sasuke muttered. Naruto looked at him and grinned. “Ah, whaddamatter wittle Sasuke? Feeling a little threatened are we? You know she’d kiss you in heartbeat! You just don’t like the thought of her kissing the new guy.” “Naruto, shut up, I swear…” Sasuke started. Ekyt couldn’t help but laugh. “Rest assured, I’m sure I’m no threat to you Sasuke. (Laughs) How could I compare to the famous “Uchiha Heat?”” The three burst out laughing, with Sasuke looking furious. “And I used to like you…” he said, finally smirking.

Ekyt got up and pulled out the summoning scroll he used to conceal his important things. He knew his “home” would be trashed. He pulled out the scroll that said he and his team were disbanded. “I can’t believe it actually happened.” Naruto looked over his shoulder. “Whoa! You don’t have a team anymore?! What are you gonna do?” “Well, it’s alright, since I’m not Genin yet. After that…who knows. I don’t know of any teams with available places. But that’s alright, I’ll figure something out. I’d like to train.” “Yeah, I meant to ask you, why do you train so hard? I mean, I remember what you said, but there’s more to it than that, isn’t there?” Ekyt didn’t answer right away, instead he made tea. “Calms the stomach.” He explained. “Anyone?” he asked. “Sure.” Sakura said. After the tea was made, Ekyt folded himself into tetaheiza (Samurai sitting position, basically). “To answer your question…I DO want revenge, but I want to protect people. And I’d love to train others someday. Too many people don’t know how to defend themselves. And too many claim to know what they’re doing, but really have no clue.” “So, you want to be like Kakashi-Sensei?” Naruto asked. “Pretty good comparison. I could pick a worse roll model.” The time for talk had ended shortly after that. All of them said their goodnights and curled up on some cots Lord Hokage had his servants bring in.

After a couple hours rest, Ekyt was awake. He looked at his sleeping comrades, deciding to take guard duty. No need for them to know, since I’m not leaving the room. he thought, walking over to sit near the silk screen. The hardwood floor wasn’t overly comfortable, but it served it’s purpose. Near dawn, the door slid open. Ekyt feigned sleep, watching the intruder. There was no mistaking the silver hair and glasses. “HEY!” Ekyt shouted. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura all woke up. “Kabuto!” Sasuke rolled off his cot. “Phoenix Immortal Flame Jutsu!” Kabuto wasn’t compared with Kakashi for nothing. “Sakura, run, get Kakashi-Sensei and anyone else you can find! We’ll hold four-eyes off!” Ekyt insisted. Naruto joined the fight, using Shadow Clone Jutsu. “Ekyt, you go with her! These guys never come alone!” he yelled, as clone after clone was thrown off by Kabuto. “You’ve gotten stronger Naruto. And you, Uchiha. I expect great things from both of you.”

Ekyt and Sakura ran down the corridor. The first person they saw was Kakashi. “I kissed Sakura!” Ekyt called to him. “Really? Congratulations!” Ekyt stepped in front of Sakura. THAT didn’t sound like Kakashi. “Hey, what’s with you guys? You seem kind of strange tonight…” “Back off.” Ekyt snarled. “You Do NOT talk to your sensei that way!” “You’re right.” Ekyt threw a kunai at Kakashi. “So you found me out, did you, you little punk? You and the pink-haired girl are done for!” the ninja rushed Ekyt. Ekyt only had enough time to kick skyward, using a move he learned from Lee. Throwing two kunai into the ceiling, Ekyt leapt up, following his attacker. He jumped, pulling the two kunai out of the ceiling and slashing an “X” mark across his attackers chest and arms. Hooking him in, Ekyt used the “Konoha Backward Snap Dragon” attack, putting his attacker deep into the ground. “Come on, we’ve got to hurry!” Sakura called. She and Ekyt ran for it again, dodging down the corridor.

Kabuto threw the last Naruto clone away. Sasuke tried the Phoenix Immortal Flame Jutsu, but Kabuto dodged it. The two attacked, using all the taijutsu they could. “We’ve got to hold him off!” Sasuke called to Naruto. “Lion’s Barrage!” Sasuke called. He landed two of the kicks, but missed on the third, allowing Kabuto a chance to sweep his legs while cracking Naruto in the nose with a backfist. “You two can do better than that, can’t you? You realize that your friends are dead now, don’t you?”

“What’s going on?” Kakashi asked Ekyt. “I kissed Sakura!” Ekyt said proudly. “It’s me.” Kakashi said softly. “Thank God! In Lord Hokage’s waiting room, Kabuto’s attacking!” Sakura called. “You two, stay with me! We’ve got help them!”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on September 4, 2007, 1:56:55 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Okay. Here we go! Eich: i would def have yo go with my main man Ekyt. We've been through alot together. Lol. Nie: Ooo! A spoiler for me! Haven't read it yet but prob. C. I think it will be cool to see them fight eachother. Saun: In no particular order it would have to be Naruto, Kakashie and my boy Ekyt. She: No particular order. I like Kayla, Saukra and. . . Hmmm. . . .for some reason I say Ino. Lol. Go: You def. Have to try an Ekyt and Saukra pairing. It would be amusing to read. And the answer to the big Rocue: Well duh!!! Of course I want you to continue writing this story! It's like a really long episode. It's a fan's dream! You write it so well. It should be in the show!!!

SharinganKakashi on September 4, 2007, 10:28:21 AM

SharinganKakashi on
SharinganKakashian 1. ekyt
an 2. good new rival
an 3.kakashi,shikamaru,lee
an 4.Hinta
an 5.sakura
an 6.YES!!!!!!!!!!
whats up with this?