Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Kabuto's Intentions

Your favorite pack of lovable, hard-headed ninjas in a new adventure!

Chapter 15 - Kabuto's Intentions

Chapter 15 - Kabuto's Intentions
Groups:

Ino, Sakura, and Linda
Tenten and Kayla
Lee and Naruto
Choji and Shikamaru
Kakashi and Sasuke

On a separate mission, Ekyt and Hayate Gekko


“Kabuto, you look like you have news.” Orochimaru’s pale face grinned in anticipation; Kabuto rarely let him down. Kabuto pushed up his glasses. Far from being a helpless nerd (He just looks that way), the silver-haired Kabuto was actually a ninja, sometimes compared to Kakashi, though he never achieved the rank of chunin. “I do. The Uchiha boy, Sasuke, is on a mission in the forest of death.” “That IS excellent news.” Orochimaru’s incredibly long tongue licked his almost non-existent lips. “However” continued Kabuto, “He is the company of Kakashi, as well as with 9 other team mates. Their Hokage is watching closely for signs of movement from us.” Orochimaru’s smile vanished. “Any information on that jutsu? It could have been dangerous, had it been performed properly. I should be able to manipulate the Uchiha boy again soon, that much I know. But what else is there?” Kabuto shrugged mildly. “This particular jutsu has never been used before, and never in full effectiveness. There’s a negligible chance that it’s a tripwire, however. Trying to forcibly take over Sasuke’s body might be a mistake…” “Time will tell. Well done Kabuto.”

“Alright, um (koff), let’s start by arming ourselves. I’ve got my sword and kunai. Go for a long range and a short range (koff) if you’ve got experience with one of each.” Hayate advised Ekyt. Ekyt chose kunai for the short range. Long range, he decided to bring along his sword. “Better for survival. I can always cut a tree limb for a bo.” Ekyt said by way of explanation. Hayate wore his sword across his back. Ekyt wore his like a samurai, inside his belt. He used the kurigata (“Cord) to fasten the scabbard (case) to his belt. “Good. (Koff koff). We’re heading to the Sound Village’s outskirts.” Ekyt finished taping his hands while Hayate talked. “Climate?” Ekyt asked. “Mild, some wind, um, not a lot of rain.” Why does Lord Hokage want me to observe this kid? He’ll have his reasons, I guess… “Whenever you’re (koff) set.” “I’m good.”

“Don’t get any ideas.” Linda warned the Sakura and Ino. Sakura bit her tongue. Ino, however. “WHAT ideas? At least he’s a REAL ninja, not some cheap knockoff like you! The emphasis being on cheap!” Sakura had to stifle a laugh. THAT was going a bit far. That didn’t mean it wasn’t funny. “You little blond tramp! I’d chew you up!” Linda snarled. Ino laughed outright. “You couldn’t even get near me!” “C’mon, let’s just find that scroll. Then we can all go our separate ways.” Sakura said, minus her usual perkiness.

“That mark bothering you yet?” Kakashi said over his shoulder to Sasuke. “No. Well, not like before. This time, I don’t feel the evil…” “The jutsu is doing it’s job then.” Kakashi said, sounding pleased. “Huh?” Sasuke didn’t know about THIS part. “That jutsu creates a tripwire. If Orochimaru tries to inhabit your body again, he’s in for a surprise. But Sasuke, you have to understand, this is NOT sealing the curse. It’s preventing possession, but the curse mark can still act up. It’s a matter of will power, just like before.” Sasuke seemed like he wanted to ask a question, but settled for nodding instead.

Ekyt and Hayate arrived at the outskirts of the Village Hidden in the Sound. They crouched in the barren underbrush. The place wasn’t brimming with life, but it wasn’t exactly a desert either. “Getting in…(koff) Any ideas?” Hayate asked Ekyt. “Maybe some recon first.” Ekyt said, pulling out a scroll. Making a small cut on his left thumb with his kunai, Ekyt dragged his thumb across the scroll. “Summoning Jutsu!” Poof! A Keeshonden, named Holly, appeared. “Ekyt? Again? Not for those pests again, I hope?” the dog said in a husky female voice. “Not this time Holly. I need you to check the town, a general layout.” The dog sighed as Hayate watched on in amazement (Summoning like that…that’s not genin level work…Hokage must know something…). “Alright. But take this collar off me, it’s a dead giveaway.” Ekyt undid her collar, which turned out to be a Leaf Village Hitai-Ate. “Alright. If I’m in trouble, I’m splitting.” The dog said. “Right. See you in…fifteen minutes.”

Hayate looked over at Ekyt. “A dog summoning jutsu? (koff) Who taught you?” “Self-taught.” Ekyt replied, distracted. “Can she really help?” “She’s going to scout for Shinobi of this village. Specifically, Akira and Chakaro.” Fifteen minutes passed. Holly came trotting back. “They’re not heavily guarded. But probably more than you two could stand. Hey, don’t you ever sleep? You look like you’ve been up for two years!” the dog said to Hayate. He coughed in reply. “Geez Ekyt, couldn’t they pair you with someone who looks like he’s not gonna kick the bucket?” “Thank you Holly.” Ekyt said, closing the scroll. “Sorry. She’s kind of a…dog.” Hayate ignored that. “Not a lot of guards…that means that the ones that are left are the best. Um (koff) okay. Transformation jutsu.” Hayate said off hand. He changed into a smaller, younger, healthier-looking person, with short cropped blond hair. “Disappearing Jutsu.” Ekyt said, focusing on his clothes. The chakra flowed through them, hiding him from view. “Let’s go. An hour tops. If one of us is caught, the other reports to Lord (koff) Hokage.” Ekyt didn’t argue, but he clearly didn’t like the order from the senior ninja.

“This is such a drag.” Shikamaru said, looking at the clouds, instead of looking for the scroll. “I know man, really. I’m down to my last three bags of chips!” Choji replied around a mouthful of food. “This scroll must be pretty important to have all of us out here.” Shikamaru muttered thoughtfully. “I heard it’s something left from the tournament. Maybe we oughta head toward the tower.” Choji said, pointing to the ominous structure in the distance. “Good idea, someone needs to check there. Let’s just get there, this is really bothersome.”

“Naruto, please keep your voice down.” Lee said respectfully. “Aw, take it easy Bushy Brow! Who cares if we’re heard, this isn’t a recon mission!” Naruto said back, grinning mischievously. “Y’know, you’re way to serious.” Naruto said, stretching his arms behind his head. “I am not naturally gifted Naruto. I must train to become a better ninja.” “That doesn’t mean ya can’t slack off once in a while.” Naruto stated. Then he challenged Lee. “I’ll bet I can crack you before the end of this mission.” “I do not believe you can.” Lee answered, starting to get irritated. “It’s a bet then!” Naruto said gleefully. This mission just got interesting, I’ll crack dog-brow easy!

Sasuke grabbed his neck. Kakashi turned around, making a small hm sound. “It doesn’t hurt…it just kind of…tingles.” Sasuke grunted again. “Let me take a look.” Kakashi looked at his neck. The curse mark, which had been a purple outline before (after the Sealing Jutsu), was now filling in again. One of the commas had turned black, and another was halfway there. “Sasuke, you have to be on your guard. Right now, the jutsu is holding off Orochimaru. I can’t perform the jutsu again, not yet. So it’s really up to you.” Sasuke nodded once, wincing.

Hayate and Ekyt made their way through the nearly empty village. A couple of Shinobi glanced at Hayate suspiciously, but apparently his disguise checked out. Ekyt, invisible and silent, took note of strategic points, sketching them the best he could on a small notepad. Useful information, even if Lord Hokage hadn’t ordered it. Ekyt had to force himself to stay still. There was Kabuto and Chakaro. And from the way Chakaro was grinning, something he almost NEVER did, something was about to happen… Ekyt nudged Hayate. “They know something…” Ekyt said as low as he could. Hayate looked straight ahead and kept his pace. Ekyt knew he couldn’t answer; talking to nothing would be suspicious. Hayate’s path, unfortunately, let to a guard. “Papers, traveler.” He demanded. Hayate gulped inwardly.

Ino, Sakura, and Linda were still arguing. “What do you have against him anyway?!” Linda finally blurted out. Linda was silent for a few seconds. “I’m worried about him. He’d die for anyone here. I don’t want that to happen. Just because I’m not in love with him…that doesn’t mean he’s not my friend…I’d rather he was crippled than killed.” Ino and Sakura exchanged glances. “But at the same time…I hate him. How could he keep being nice to me after I dumped him and picked another guy in a matter of days? I wish he HAD yelled…then I could kick his @$$! And when I get back, I’m gonna!” Linda had admitted part of why she now hated someone who had been so close to her. But she DIDN’T mention that she was partially jealous of his how quick he had picked up the skills that she had trouble with. She had always been the master, all of a sudden he had found his niche and she had found her stumbling point. But she would never tell that to anyone. She hoped her response would ward of Ino and Sakura. She didn’t want to make enemies of them. Ekyt was her only target right now. She knew her mindset wouldn’t make sense to anyone but her. She wondered briefly if that should disturb her.

“Papers?” Hayate repeated. He looked around; no one was looking. He gave the guard a hard shove, covering his mouth, hoping Ekyt would take the cue. Apparently, he did, because the guard suddenly slumped backward, unconscious. “(Koff)Good move.” “Indeed.” A familiar, but unwelcome voice said behind them.

In the forest, Sasuke suddenly gripped his curse mark again. “Kakashi-sensei…we’ve got to…I’m not sure why…but we have to go to Otogakure…it’s not Orochimaru…Ahhh!” Kakashi didn’t like the sound of this. “Sasuke, we need a plan first.” “Forget the plan! I’m going!” Sasuke took off at a run, tearing through the forest. Kakashi shook his head sadly, but followed. Could it be the curse mark acting up? Orochimaru summoning him? No…he seems too in-control…but why would he want to go to the Sound Village otherwise?

“Lose the disappearing jutsu.” Kabuto said, pointing at Ekyt. Ekyt ended the jutsu. He was staring with intense hatred at Kabuto and his companion. “We meet again…sensei.” Chakaro Tamaki grinned. “The pleasure is yours Chakaro.” Ekyt muttered. “Ah, manners! You’re in OUR village, without papers! Hardly the proper way for a guest to act.” Ekyt sighed. “Fine. You’ve got me. But please, let the kid go. He followed me here.” Ekyt was referring to the still-disguised Hayate. “He’s seen nothing but the outside of your buildings. I couldn’t leave him in the woods, all by himself. Just…let him go home.” Ekyt said, looking his captors square in the eye. Kabuto wasn’t cold-hearted by nature. “Fine. Scram kid.” Ekyt had already passed off his notebook. “Be careful.” Ekyt bade the disguised Hayate. “Hayate” nodded slowly, then ran off. All three watched him go. Chakaro and Kabuto turned back to Ekyt.

“What, pray tell, could a young Leaf Villager like yourself be doing here?” Kabuto asked. “I’m afraid I don’t know the area very well, I was hoping for directions home.” Ekyt said innocently. It was more to amuse himself than actually be effective. Chakaro snorted. “Clever sensei…it’s a shame, really. I know you’d never join us. So I’ll have to kill you. Kabuto, you stay out of this.” Ekyt couldn’t help but notice the slightest twinge at the corners of Kabuto’s mouth. “You’re the boss.” Kabuto said. “Ekyt…sensei…I’ve waited a long time to kill you.” “The wait is going to be longer than you think Chakaro.” Ekyt said, flicking his toothpick at his former student.

As soon as he was out of site, Hayate lost the disguise. So he can follow orders, improvise…and he knows that guy…I’ve got to get these papers to Lord Hokage…but he needs help…I can’t go back alone…hang in there Ekyt… Hayate saw someone on the path. “Kakashi-Sensei! (koff)”

Kakashi looked up at his name. “Hayate? What” “No time. Ekyt’s back there, he told me to deliver these papers. (koff koff) Um…he needs help.” Kakashi looked down at Sasuke. “Alright. Hayate, you’ve done very well, not deserting your comrade. You can head back.” “Sensei, (Koff) I’d rather, um, help.” Kakashi looked amused. “Well, let’s hurry then. Ekyt’s got potential, but he’s still in over his head.”

Ekyt and Chakaro had already traded attacks with kunai. Now they both had their swords out. They were deadlocked. “You can’t win! I’m the genius!” Chakaro taunted. “You’ve lost your focus Chakaro. You’ve already lost.” Chakaro pulled back, aiming for a “Swallow” strike. Ekyt had taught him that strike, and knew it was coming. As he dodged back from the first blow, Ekyt was ready for the sword’s return (The Swallow technique is a feign first cut, then reverse blade attack). He stepped to the side and, instead of meeting Chakaro’s blade, he followed it, spiking it blade-first into the ground. He held it there and shuffled forward, cutting Chakaro’s thumb. CLANG! He dropped his sword before Ekyt could finish the cut. Ekyt held his for a moment, then carefully put it away, taking the scabbard out of his belt. Chakaro backed up. “Forbidden Jutsu: Hell’s gate’s release!” Ekyt had read about that jutsu. But he really didn’t know how to counter it. It fed on the fears of one’s souls, fears that may or may not be apparent to the conscious mind. A swarm of demons, all shaped like little Chakaro heads, floated toward Ekyt. “Shadow clone jutsu!” He called, leaping away from the heads. His clones were hit. But since they weren’t Ekyt, the bites the demons used as an attack had no effect. Chakaro was cursing that when Ekyt leapt down behind him. Chakaro swung a backfist around. Ekyt blocked it and yanked, knocking Chakaro off balance. He struck himself, his right fist hitting Chakaro in the side of the face. Chakaro suddenly clamped down. “Forced Pain Acceptance jutsu!” he called. He had grabbed Ekyt’s hand and made hand signs. Ekyt suddenly felt like thousands of kunai were piercing him at once. He started to shake with pain. Small cuts formed all over his body, blood running from them. He had to end this somehow…just before he would have lost consciousness, Ekyt felt that second chakra again. He fell to a crouch suddenly, using Lee’s kick to break Chakaro’s hold. “Backward Konoha Snap Dragon!” He grabbed Chakaro in the hold by gripping his neck and legs. They both drove toward the earth at top speed. Chakaro’s head hit the ground hard. He lay still as a …block of wood. Ekyt spun around. Chakaro’s grinning face met him. “Fool. I know what that does to your stamina!” Chakaro started throwing kicks at Ekyt, forcing his former instructor to back pedal.

“They were (koff) right there.” Hayate pointed. “Let’s go.” Sasuke rushed ahead. Hayate and Kakashi followed him. They were seeing the end of Ekyt and Chakaro’s fight. Kabuto looked over at them, not looking worried.

Ekyt felt that mysterious chakra again. He brought his leg up in a deliberate slow kick. As soon as Chakaro grabbed it, Ekyt did a corkscrew, kicking him in the back of the head. He did a forward handspring into a two-footed axe kick. When he landed, he did a sweep kick, then jumped and landed on Chakaro’s stomach. “Time to end this! Unlike you Chakaro, I have a soul. So you’re not going to die. You’d better count your blessings, because they’re about to get fried!”

SHADOW CLONE JUTSU! DRAGON’S EMBER JUTSU! DRAGON’S EMBER JUTSU: CLONE INSTIGATION!

In one sentence, Ekyt had ended the fight. Chakaro had been burned, his skin flaking and peeling. Ekyt stopped the attack, exhausted from the attack and blood loss. Kabuto approached him. “Go on.” Kabuto said.

“Go on.” Stay out of it? Orochimaru found himself a new right-hand man, did he? Well then Chakaro, just prove you deserve MY spot. Ekyt looked at Kabuto with a strange expression. “Thanks.” Ekyt joined Kakashi, Hayate, and Sasuke. “Let’s get out of here.” Sasuke said. “The mission…” Ekyt said. “The mission was completed. You obtained valuable (koff koff) information. Kakashi figured out the curse mark. (koff). Nice job.” Coming from Hayate, that was a victory speech. “Nice move at the end.” Sasuke said, offering his fist. Ekyt gave Sasuke’s fist a greeting punch. “Let’s go home. You need medical attention.” “That’s nothing new.” Ekyt muttered, feeling dizzy from the blood loss.

Deep in the forest, Naruto was snickering. “Harem jutsu.” He whispered, sneaking up behind Lee. He and his clones were all centerfold-beautiful nude women. They all grabbed onto Lee’s legs and arms, cooing “Oh Lee-eeee.” Lee turned around. “Oh!” A bloody nose with the power of a rocket sent Lee backward into a tree. Naruto grinned happily. “Toldja I could crack you.”


NEXT ISSUE: WHO FOUND THE MISSING SCROLL? WHAT’S IN IT? AND, WAIT…KABUTO LET EKYT GO? WHAT’S THE DEAL HERE? AND HAYATE GIVES HIS REPORT TO THE THIRD HOKAGE!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on October 15, 2007, 8:09:45 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Wow. Packed chapter! It was great. And what the hell. They let Ekyt go? Wow. Unexpected! I love it.

SharinganKakashi on September 13, 2007, 10:24:08 AM

SharinganKakashi on
SharinganKakashilol naruto got lee ^_^