Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 30 - Chunin Exams Resume

Your favorite pack of lovable, hard-headed ninjas in a new adventure!

Chapter 30 - Chunin Exams Resume

Chapter 30 - Chunin Exams Resume
PLEASE NOTE THAT HYOUJON, NAOKI, AND MIKE BELONG TO SHARINGANKAKASHI. RYU (AND HIS ALIASES) BELONG TO ALCHEMEST1.

The next two days went quickly. Ekyt didn’t tell anyone about his new ability. He could open the first chakra gate. He had some trouble closing it at first, but worked that out eventually (Not before passing out the first time and cracking his head on the floor).
The strangest thing was that it seems the kunoichi around the Leaf Village had taken notice of him. When he heard the “Why” part, Ekyt shook his head sadly. Now I’m hot stuff because I met and survived Itachi Uchiha? Come on! I’m going to wait for a kunoichi that likes me for me. Itachi and his damn fan girls…I guess I’m the milk-drinking dork that fights hard. I just don’t have that “edge.” Oh well. I’m not going to become someone else to please a shallow bunch.

A couple of the girls, however, surprised him. The first was Tenten. Ekyt actually envied her in a way. She was self-assured without being cocky, and her ability to throw kunai amazed Ekyt. Back when they had been close, Linda had taught him how to throw kunai, but it was a hard thing for Ekyt to grasp, even now.
“Ekyt, hi. I was just wondering how your surgery went,” Tenten told him. Ekyt noticed a little pink on her cheeks, and was glad his face was covered, as he was sure his face would be next.
“Oh, it went okay. Aside from being attacked. That kind of hurt,” he said mildly.
To his relief, Tenten didn’t go on a fan girl rant about Itachi.
“I’m glad you’re better. The Leaf Village would have lost some talent if you hadn’t. Anyway, I’d better get back to my group.”
Ekyt watched her go, all the while wondering just what the hell had brought that on.

It didn’t end there, however. His next visitors had Ekyt on his guard. In fact, a number of people suddenly leapt to his side.

“Hey kid. Heard ya got stitched up.”
Ekyt nodded slowly, surprised that Temari knew. Next to her was Kankuro, who Ekyt didn’t trust. In a flash of sand, Gaara appeared next to them.
“So you’re not dead.”
Whenever Gaara spoke, people listened. This time was no different.
Ekyt glared back at Gaara, his mind going back to the day Gaara had ruined his eye. For an unrequited love…you sand bastard.
“No. I’m not dead. The same as you aren’t alive,” Ekyt replied mildly.
Gasps came from the crowd. NO ONE talked to Gaara like that. Especially not some fresh-faced genin.
Gaara smiled; not a reassuring gesture.
“Maybe I’ll decide to finish what I started with your eye…I already know your weakness…”
“That I care too much. No kidding. And I know yours Gaara: You DON’T care. Insulting you won’t work, taunts are meaningless, the only thing you understand is pain and misery. I pity you.”
The two exchanged glares of death. Gaara used his chakra to form a sand eye, grinning nastily. Ekyt’s hand unconsciously went to his mutilated left eye. His hands balled into fists, but he didn’t move.
Temari leapt between them, pushing them both away.
“Leave him alone Gaara. Please, for your big sister.” Temari pleaded with a sheepish grin.
“I want to kill him…but he won’t make me feel alive…”
“Right! So, why waste your energy!” Temari exclaimed. Gaara disappeared in a another brilliant flash of sand and light.
Temari breathed a sigh of relief.
“Why the hell did you egg him on?!” she demanded. Sakura and Tenten had shouted the same thing.
“I just gave him some food for thought,” Ekyt said innocently.

The test was explained to the intrepid genin, who stared on wide-eyed. Such an arrangement gave Ekyt an advantage; he had already sparred with most of the senseis. At the same time, he had never worked with Ino and Choji before. Not to mention that they had always worked with Shikamaru and his Shadow Possession Jutsu. Without that, Ino’s technique, the Mind Transfer Jutsu, was next to useless.
That being said, the day was interesting anyway. A new group and their sensei had shown up.
“Huh? Who are they?!” Ino was pointing at the new group.
“I don’t recognize their headbands, not any village I’m familiar with,” Choji said thoughtfully.
In the lead was the one Ekyt could somehow pick out as their sensei. He was tall, roughly the same height as Kakashi-sensei. He had a number of similarities to Kakashi sensei (lol, sorry, inside joke. Right Kiba? :p) upon further inspection, including a mask that covered his face, save for his eyes. The eyes were a point of interest as well, as they were two different colors. He was clothed in all black, adding to the intimidating look. No doubt, that was his intention.
The next member was a girl, short in stature, with black hair, and clothing to match, save for a pink belt, giving her a feminine touch.
The third part of the group was another tall one, though not as muscular as the one that Ino, Choji, and Ekyt had picked out as their leader. This one had a sword across his back, as big as Zabuza’s, but shaped more like a meat cleaver.
The last member of their group stood out the most. He had on a black jacket like the rest of his group (Save for the sensei), but had coupled that with jeans, a rarity in the ninja world.

The sensei broke into a grin.
“Hope we’re not late.”
To Ekyt’s surprise, Lord Hokage returned the grin.
“Of course not, Tatakikoulasu Kako Shinobi, I’m looking forward to seeing your students in action.”



Ino had immediately cozied up to the new guy.
Ekyt and Choji (Complete with huge sweatdrops) watched her make her move.
“You know…I think I hate her.” Ekyt muttered, remembering how she had been flaunting him two seconds ago.
“I know man. Try being on her team permanently!” replied Choji, disgusted as well.


“Ino…Ino…INO!” Ekyt was getting angry now. Choji finally spoke up.
“Dammit Ino, let’s GO! We’ve got practicing to do! Get your head in the game!”
“In a minute, I’m just talking with…well, the guy with the long name!” Ino replied with a slight squeal.
“Choji, let’s just forget her for now. You and I can handle this…but it’s a shame she’ll lose Sasuke to Sakura…” Ekyt said casually, hoping Choji would take the bait. He did.
“You’re right man. Ino’s just the fifth wheel. Besides, Sasuke’s smart to stay away from her. I heard she has lice…”
Ino’s head turned slowly. “WHAT?!” She backhanded both Shinobi, sending them crashing into the trees.
“Violent dog…” Choji muttered.

Ekyt pulled himself up, thinking it a good idea to go introduce himself to the new guys.

“I’m afraid I didn’t catch your name over the sound of my back hitting the bark…” Ekyt muttered, shooting a glance at Ino, who was still hanging on Ryu’s shoulder.
“It’s Ryu.”
“Well, welcome to the Leaf Village. I’m afraid I’m not familiar with your headband,” Ekyt said politely.
“My team and I are from the Village Hidden in the Shine.”
“Hm. I noticed you know Lord Hokage.”
“I’m a Kage as well.”
Ekyt did his best to stifle his surprise. Looks young…then again, who can tell?
“And who’s your team here? I GUESS you’ve already met Ino. I’m Ekyt, and that (Points at Choji) is Choji.”
Ryu indicated the team with his head. “The girl in front is Naoki. Behind her, my knucklehead (“HEY!” ‘Knucklehead’ protested), Hyoujon. Next to him is Mike.”
Hyoujon marched over, staring Ekyt down.
“Hey, who’s the skinny guy, sensei? He looks like a punk!” declared Hyoujon.
The girl, Naoki, marched over and gave Hyoujon a smart crack in the head.
“Don’t do that, tard! You’re picking a fight you might not win!” Naoki snarled at him.
“Alright, alright, you violent tomboy! Geez!” Hyoujon exclaimed.
Mike shook his head.
“She’s gonna kill you for that. You might as well have called her short.” Mike took on an “Oh, Crap!” look.
Naoki punched both of them.
“Idiots!”


“Ino, if you’re head is back on your shoulders, I have an idea, one that will work with Shikamaru…” Ekyt muttered.
“I’m listening! Geez, can’t a girl give a guy a”
“No.” Ekyt said flatly.


The test began. Thirty minutes later, Hyoujon, Mike, and Naoki walked out, holding two scrolls. There wasn’t a scratch on them.


“So you created this clan? Impressive Ryu. Or, Shattered Past Shinobi. It’s been quite some time. You’re not the fresh-faced genin that I helped train,” Lord Hokage told Ryu, a smile playing on his age lips.
“Only out of necessity Sarutobi-sama. Besides, those three are sharp kids. They’ll do fine. Well, two of them are sharp, Hyoujon…not so much,” Ryu added with a laugh.


Ekyt saw Shikamaru coming. He signaled for Ino to hide. He used a transformation jutsu to become her.

“Hey, Shikamaru!” Ekyt/Ino called.
“Come on Ino, even you shouldn’t be this dumb,” Shikamaru said in a bored voice. He used his shadow possession jutsu to trap her.
Ino/Ekyt called “Now!”
The real Ino used her “Mind Transfer” Jutsu. Did it work? They found out when Shikamaru walked forward and handed Ekyt/Ino a scroll.
“Very good. But let Ino flirt with Ryu,” Ino said in Shikamaru’s body.
Ekyt snatched the scroll away and shook his head.
“Let’s just get out of here with this. It’s enough to pass.” Ekyt found himself thankful that he didn’t have to spend a lot of time with Ino.


Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura had passed easily as well. Lee, Tenten, and Neji had also passed. But that was it. It looked like only a handful of genin could handle the pressure.

With the end of this exam, it was time for the Genin to get ready for the tournament. The teamwork portion was over. Now it was the out and out fighting.

FIRST MATCH: NAOKI vs. TENTEN

This match was over almost as soon as it began. Naoki, as it turned out, was a pro with genjutsu. That much became apparent when Tenten fell over in a crying heap before they had even moved.

Ekyt leapt down, managing to not shoot a dirt look. Lee landed beside him. When Ekyt realized Tenten was still suffering, he whipped around to Naoki.
“At least have the decency to end the jutsu! Kai!” he called, ending the jutsu himself, glaring at Naoki.
“Sorry,” Naoki said without emotion.
Hyoujon gave Ekyt a rough shove. Ekyt gave him a push back. Lee forced himself in between them.
“Ekyt, let it go! Let it go!” Lee pleaded. “Do not get yourself disqualified!”
Ekyt continued to glare at Hyoujon, but dropped it. He DID stand in the way while Lee took care of Tenten.


“I really didn’t mean to clamp on that hard,” Naoki said gently to Lee, who was doing his best not to glare at her.
“She will be fine,” Lee replied tersely, doing his best not to chew the girl’s head off. Tenten was so important to his team. She was, more or less was the common sense of the team.
Mike walked over at that point. He was being careful not to stir anymore bad blood. He had picked out Ekyt as the easiest to talk to. Good guess, because Lee was feeling murderous right now.
“Will she be okay?” he asked carefully.
“I think so. Tenten’s tough,” Ekyt replied, keeping the edge out of his voice.


The next match popped up on the screen. Everyone gaped at it. It was the forbidden fruit. Anyone who knew Ekyt’s story knew what this meant:

Ekyt
Vs.
Gaara.

TO BE CONTINUED…

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Zander_CAGE on October 15, 2007, 11:28:19 AM

Zander_CAGE on
Zander_CAGEmike said i was supost to be Hyoujon. i like him. but he dont seem to much like me. i wouldnt change a thing if i were u.

alchemest1 on October 14, 2007, 4:27:13 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Nice. Lol. I really like this Ryu guy. Lol. He sounds pretty cool. And yeah. My team does sound like a bunch of knuckleheads. Lol. You have him as a former student of Lord Hokage! That.ph cool! Sweet chapter I love it!