Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Mueingakure's Plight

A Naruto fic, with one of my fan chars in it. Enjoy!

Chapter 1 - Mueingakure's Plight

Chapter 1 - Mueingakure's Plight
SOME THINGS TO NOTE:

THIS TAKES PLACE A YEAR IN THE FUTURE. SO, PRE TIME-SKIP, ALTHOUGH THE CHARS MAY ACT AND DRESS LIKE THEY DID IN THE TIME SKIP.

I will place honorfics here and there, but will not use them steadily.


Some things about the story:

Meuingakure- the Village of Doom

Meuinkage- Naofumi Mikomi
Meuinkage’s son- Tanomoshii Mikomi


Hanafunda Sumizome- Evil leader
Ukiyo Kainashi- henchmen


“Lord Meuinkage! Lord Meuinkage!”
Naofumi Mikomi looked up wearily. “Yes Nanake?” he said in a concered voice.
“We can’t hold very long. Our supplies are very low, and our army is tiring. And…sir…your son…he’s…”
The Meuinkage leapt up. “Is he…”
“Not dead sir. But gravely wounded…”
Meuinkage/Naofumi looked out across his land.

Meuingakure was a land cursed with horrible luck. It had been years since they’d had a bountiful harvest. Very few people lived past the age of fifty. The land had been war-ridden for years. Many Villages had attacked, and Meuingakure, because of it’s bizarre luck, had no allies, save for maybe one. It was strange, in away. Meuingakure was actually a charming land, and had many good points.
The land was very wealthy, however, and was a beautiful mountainous area, with lush green forest dotting it’s landscape. The land had no winter, and 10 monthes of the year was summer.
Years ago, a young Kakashi Hatake had come to their aid. He had just suffered the death of his squad and was taking time to sort things out. An attempt was made on the Meuinkage’s life. Kakashi thwarted it, leading to a shaky alliance between Konohagakure and Meuingakure.


With that thought in his head, Lord Meuinkage summoned his messenger. “Hakido, it’s imperative this message be delivered into the hands of Kakashi Hatake. Go, hurry, or our land will fall…”


IN KONOHAGAKURE

“I’m bored. Bored. Really bored. So bored…bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bor”
“Naruto, will you shut the hell up?!” Sakura finally shouted.
Ekyt looked over, rolling his good eye. They had been down this road a lot the past few days. Nothing but D-ranked missions for the them, and nothing for Ekyt. It WAS boring, but Ekyt knew better than to piss of Sakura by voicing it 300 times.


Kakashi stretched out on a rooftop, “Makeout Tactics” in hand. With a whoosh, there was a ninja in front of him.
“Hakido?” Kakashi asked. He hadn’t seen the man in over ten years.
Hakido fell forward, a scroll rolling out of his hand. It was then Kakashi saw thirty kunai and shuriken sticking out his back. Hakido had completed his last mission.
Kakashi opened the scroll.
“I’d better gather my team up. And a couple others…Lee…and Ekyt. That should be enough. I don’t want to have too many kids to watch, and this group should get along just fine…”


Kakashi explained the mission.
“We’re going to be escorting wagons of supplies to Meuingakure. Once we arrive, we’re to fight off an invasion.”
“What Village is attacking?” Ekyt said in his strange mix of a whisper and a drawl voice that indicated he was thinking while speaking.
“Hakido didn’t say, and the kunai didn’t reveal anything. Just generic kunai.”
“What’s the climate?” Ekyt asked.
“Hot mostly, with some rain,” Kakashi replied.
“What’s the terrain like?” was Ekyt’s last question. Why am I asking? I’m not going on the mission… Ekyt thought.
“Mountains and forests, with a few plains,” Kakashi replied, glad someone was asking the questions.

“Hot, huh? Well, I guess I’d better break out the summer stuff then.” Sakura said thoughtfully.
When she returned, she was indeed clothed for summer, earning Ekyt’s attention big time (What, he’s still a guy, no matter how respectful, lol)!
She had switched to a two-piece version of her normal outfit. This one left some of Sakura’s stomach exposed, starting just under where her stomach met her chest, and ending just below her navel.
The bottom piece was a skirt, red with white trim, along with a shorter version of her regular pants.
Sakura struck a pose, meaning it as a joke.
“You like what you see Ekyt-kun?” she said in a sing-song voice to her friend, knowing full well how akward it would be for him. She bent over, hands on her knees, a big smile on her face as she stifled girlish giggles.
“Hey, Sakura-chan, you look hot!” Naruto exclaimed.
THWACK!
“Pick your words more carefully!” Sakura shouted.

Lee was the next one to return. Short sleeves and shorts, but the same spandex and…leg warmers.
“Lee?” Linda asked carefully.
“Yes Linda?” he asked.
Linda kissed him on the cheek. Then gave him a light tap on the head.
“What the hell are you thinking? Leg warmers for summer?”

Kakashi looked the same, except for shorter sleeves on his black jumpsuit.

Ekyt just sat there.
“Hey, aren’t you coming?” Sakura called to him.
Ekyt looked surprised. “I’m invited?”
Kakashi held out the scroll for him to see. There was Ekyt’s name on the A-ranked mission. “Apparently so. We’re leaving as soon as you’re ready.”
Ekyt ran off, but returned almost instantly.

It was Sakura’s turn to stare, although it’s a safe bet Ekyt didn’t mean to create that effect.

He kept his black T-shirt and vest, although both were tighter on him. The material was designed to fend off heat and retain the cold air. That was why it was a little tighter on him.
His long black gi pants were exchanged for short black gi pants. He exchanged his head-covering hitai-ate for a regular headband, revealing bushy dark brown hair. He was still wearing his black gloves (fingers covered) with the metal plate on the backfist, although he had switched out his boots for black sneakers.

Naruto leaned close to Sakura. “Hey Sakura, don’t forget to blink and breathe,” he said with a chuckle.
“Shut up Naruto!” she replied furiously, though the pink appearing on her face belied her words.

After Naruto had changed (shorter version of his normal clothes, except an orange vest with a blue t-shirt under it), the five set off for Meuingakure.

The supply wagons were pulled by horses and proceeded on mountainous roads in a convoy. Kakashi took the lead, while Ekyt took the back. Sakura took the inside, while Lee patrolled the outside. For an hour or so, all was quiet.


Kakashi suddenly stopped the convoy. With two fingers, he pointed at Lee, and then pointed to the bushes at the top of the mountain.
“What is it sensei?” Sakura asked.
“Those bushes aren’t native to this area, and they shouldn’t be growing there…it could be nothing, but no point in”
“AMBUSH!!!” Lee shouted.
“Taking chances,” Kakashi finished.
“Ekyt, you help Lee! Sakura, you and I will guard the convoy!
“Kakashi-sensei, get the convoy moving! There are too many, we’ll be here too long! They’re just trying to detain us! Lee and I can handle it! We’ll catch up!” Ekyt shouted.

Kakashi and Sakura exchanged glances. Kakashi nodded.
“He’s right. Meuingakure needs this supplies, and they need it now.”
Sakura looked nervous, but nodded firmly.


Lee leapt over the bushes, his outstretched leg catching two of the ninja on the temple. A third fell prey to his flying his. A fourth managed to grab Lee. The fourth let go when the butt end of Ekyt’s kunai smashed down on his hand, then followed through and cracked him on the head. Lee threw one ninja over his shoulder and down the mountain.
“This is taking too long!” Ekyt weaved his hands together incredibly fast.
“Shadow clone jutsu!”
Three more Ekyt’s popped up. They made hand signs with the real Ekyt.
“Fire Style: Dragon’s Ember Jutsu, Clone Instigation Technique!” They shouted as one.
Three bursts of fire rained down on the enemies. Ekyt realized most of them were genin and academy students. Ekyt and Lee were both genin, but they had been trained better. All these ninja knew was how to swarm.
Except one.
“Rock Style: Pebble Rain Jutsu!” one of the enemy shouted.
Ekyt saw the rocks come down. On a whim, he shouted “kai!”
The rocks kept coming, so it wasn’t a genjutsu.
“We need to stop this attack!” Lee called to Ekyt.
Lee dodged the falling rocks and used his Konoha Hurricane kick to put an end to threat. It became apparent that this was the commander, because once he was down for the count, all the others scrambled away, retreating higher up in the mountains.
Ekyt jogged over to Lee.
“D-don’t hurt me!” The captured ninja pleaded.
Lee gave Ekyt a glance. Ekyt had trained under Ibikki Morino, and had learned some forms of mental torture. Although he always hated doing it, Ekyt decided some force was necessary.
“Then you’d better make your vocal cords work. I want to know why you ambushed us.”
“My name is Ukiyo Kainashi, I’m from the Village Hidden in the Doom. That’s all you’ll get out of me, you reject!”
Ekyt calmly grabbed the man, using the pressure points under his jaw to cause a few moments of pain. “That’s not the question I asked. I don’t want to have to use force on you. And insulting me isn’t going to get you what you want…in fact, it might just make you…go to pieces…”
Ukiyo gulped.
“Um, what were your questions again, sirs?”
Ekyt and Lee grinned. “I thought so…just tell us everything…”


Sakura saw the Village. Her green eyes widened as she sw how beautiful it was.
“Kakashi-sensei, how is this place stricken with war? I mean, there’s no sign of outside invasion, or anything…”
Kakashi had been wondering the same thing.
“I think we’d better find Lord Meuinkage. He can answer our questions.”
“Forget it, you won’t even get near him!” shouted one ninja.

Kakashi narrowed his eye.
“So, Ginlee, we’ve finally crossed paths again,” Kakashi said, already lifting up his headband.
Ginlee was around 6 feet tall, and roughly forty years old. He was clothed in a black jumpsuit with an even darker sash around his waist. Around his head was a hitai-ate with a strange symbol through it. It was a circle with a “D” in it, but it had a line through it. A Meuingakure missing-nin?
“It’s been a while Kakashi. And this will be the last time we meet as well…” The man Sakura now knew as Ginlee drew a kunai.
“Sakura, take the convoy and go! Hurry, those supplies are essential! I’ll handle Ginlee. We never DID finish that match…I’m looking forward to seeing if you’ve improved.”

“I told you, you belligerent little idiots, I don’t know anything else!” shouted Ukiyo, tugging at the ropes Lee and Ekyt had used to tie him up.

“I think he’s told us enough Lee. We’d better report back to Kakashi-sensei,” Ekyt said.
“I agree. But I do not like the idea of him getting away like this,” Lee said, pointing to Ukiyo.
“Don’t worry, I plan on incapacitation him for a while. I don’t want any back-biters coming after us,” Ekyt said as he calmly began to weave a sign for his favorite genjutsu.
“Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing Technique!”
This genjutsu would keep Ukiyo busy for a while. As Ekyt and Lee walked away, he screamed, seeing visions of his worst nightmare coming true.
Ekyt looked at the ground. Lee put a taped hand on his friend’s shoulder.
“Do not regret that Ekyt. He would have killed us and wiped his kunai clean before we had hit the ground. At least you are giving him a chance at life.”
Ekyt nodded. “Thanks Lee-san, you’re right.” He paused, not even seeing the dust of the convoy.
“We’d better speed this up.”
The two took off at top speed.


Sakura and the convoy safely reached Lord Meuinkage. From behind, Sakura heard the opening sounds of an attack. She turned to see two ninjas facing her. But they stopped their attack upon seeing the convoy.
“We are very sorry, we thought you were the enemy. We don’t have much time, Lord Meuinkage is waiting for you at the…wait, where is the rest of your team?” The kunoichi asked. She looked to her partner. He shrugged his shoulders.
“They were ambushed,” Sakura replied.
“Do they need help?”
Sakura shook her head, a smile forming on her face. “Those three are the best the Leaf Village has. They can handle it.”
(Inner-Sakura: CHA! Tops among the Leafers! Kakashi-sensei, Lee-san, and Ekyt-kun, not to mention Sakura-chan! Here we come, enemies of Meuinkage!)


Lord Meuinkage looked up upon seeing Sakura.
“Are you the medic-nin?” he asked.
“Huh? Well, yes, I a”
“Please, please, save my son! He’ll die without your help!”
Sakura looked at the boy in the bed. He looked very banged up physically. Mentally was Sakura’s worry. The boy, roughly age 12, showed all the signs of trauma cause by genjutsu…


Naruto popped up, far behind the convoy. That had been Kakashi’s plan. Naruto was, power-wise, the strongest there. From his vantage point, Naruto could see troops gathering. 200 men at least, and more coming.
So this is why I didn’t go with the others…I wouldn’t have seen this…good call sensei!

NEXT TIME: SAKURA TRIES TO HEAL LORD MUEINKAGE’S SON, KAKASHI TAKES ON GINLEE, NARUTO VS. 200 MEN, AND EKYT AND LEE RACE BACK TO THE VILLAGE, JUST IN TIME FOR WAR!

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

musicismylife on November 20, 2007, 10:12:09 PM

musicismylife on
musicismylifeawsome lyk ttly bro!!! lol ^^

kogalover2013 on October 31, 2007, 1:29:54 PM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013awsome story dude

alchemest1 on October 24, 2007, 6:55:33 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Totally wicked sweet mate! I love where this is going! I can't wait for the next installment! Keep it going mate!