Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Surprise, Surprise! Ibikki and Anko's Message!

Hell on Earth...The Land of Herbs sends for a medic-nin and a task force. Sakura, Lee, and Ekyt draw the task. The peaceful land has no enemies, and is wealthy. So what sadistic monster wants to ruin it?

Chapter 5 - Surprise, Surprise! Ibikki and Anko's Message!

Chapter 5 - Surprise, Surprise! Ibikki and Anko's Message!
Before Ekyt could even respond to that, there was a sizable explosion behind him. He spun around, kunai at the ready.
“Kid, if you finish that strike, that’s a great way to ensure your own death.”
Ekyt breathed a sigh of relief. Anko, Ibikki, and two nameless ANBU ninjas were standing in front of him.
“You didn’t check in on time. Any explanation?” Ibikki asked in a cold tone.
Ekyt indicated for all of them to follow him with a nod of his head.


Koori stared at the wall, even when the heavy iron door keeping him in the dark cell clanged open.
“Time to talk,” Ekyt said gently.
“Thy shall rot in the depths of hell for your misdeeds! I will resurrect them all and become Koubakage! And you will die! The flames of hell will”
Ekyt grabbed the old man by the cloak.
“I warned you, talking to me that way will only earn you a one-way ticket to hell. Now, you’re going to tell the nice people what you did…or I’ll send you to hell again. Do you want that?”
Ekyt’s face was inches away from the old man.
“Your threat of genjutsu doesn’t scare me, young one! Catching me by surprise is the only way you would be able to defeat me!”


Anko started to step in, but Ibikki put an arm out.
“Let’s see where this goes. Maybe his training took…”
Anko shot Ibikki a glance. “That man is more powerful than he is!”
Ibikki smiled. “Then I don’t believe Ekyt has ever revealed his true power.”


“Surprise? Well, certainly someone as…aged as yourself must be difficult to surprise. Ah, how the mind works. It’s fascinating, isn’t it?” Ekyt was speaking to himself, walking circles around the tied-up Koori. He stopped and leaned close to Koori. His mask was back in place, giving him a darker look.
“The mind is a powerful tool, isn’t it? But so…fragile. It has to be cultivated, like a child, bent and moved to adapt to the situation. Older people…it becomes difficult for them to absorb new things.”
Ekyt took a step back, removing his mask. He was smiling; altogether not a pleasant gesture in this case. His young face looked so calm, he almost seemed…insane.
“You’re an older man…I wonder how far I could push your mind…I’ve never killed a man…but you DID try to assassinate my team…decisions, decisions…live, or die.”
“You little bastard! You will not lay your fowl, unkempt hands on me!”
Ekyt grabbed the old man’s cloak and gave it a hard tug.
“I asked you not to speak to me like that,” Ekyt said in a placid voice. He raised his headband.
“OH MY GOD! NO NO! TAKE IT AWAY! YOU DEMON!”
Ekyt pulled his headband back down over his eye.
“Ready to talk yet…or do I need to let you sample my “pathetic genjutsu” again?
“ I WILL SPEAK! STAY AWAY, DEMON!”
Ekyt grinned. “Glad to hear it.”



Lee and Sakura were pacing outside, waiting for Ekyt to finish.
“Lee…you knew how he felt?” Sakura asked suddenly.
“I did Sakura-san,” Lee replied.
“And you didn’t mind? I mean…well, you used to have your sites on me…” Sakura blushed, not sure why.
“I do not mind at all! Ekyt-san is honorable, and I know he too will protect you with his life. Besides, I have dated Linda for some time now, I am not on the market.”
Sakura shrugged, a little laugh coming out of her mouth.
“Well, as long as it’s all right Lee-san. I’m really happy you found someone!”
“I am happy as well. For you and for Ekyt, and for myself.”
“He’s a goofy kid…but it’s kind of cute. He reminds me a little of Sasuke, in some ways.”
Lee piped up. “Sakura-san, do not be hard on Ekyt if he comes off as completely clueless when it comes to romance.”
Sakura laughed outright. “I won’t Lee. I KNOW how he is. Besides, that shyness of his is gonna be fun!”
Lee shook his head, smiling. “He does not know what he is in for.”



“You did well,” Ibikki told Ekyt.
“No guilt holding me back this time,” Ekyt said by way of explanation.
“Good. It looks like you’ve matured. Just in time, too.”
Ekyt had replaced his mask by now, but still showed confusion.
“In time? In time for what?” Ekyt questioned.
“Well, we can’t have a weak chunin, now can we?” Anko said mischievously.
“I…I don’t think I follow sensei,” Ekyt replied, confusions dotting his speech.
“Ibikki and I had a little talk with Ebisu…okay, threats maybe, but the fact is- you’re in for the next chunin exams.
Ekyt felt his jaw drop.
“The man you cracked…it seems he watched you through the little girl…and she saw you fight the Koubakage. After your Bearded Dragon reported that, Lady Tsunade agreed that it was ludicrous to hold you back any longer, regardless of Ebisu. A shame, really…he was a fun nut to crack.” Ebisu chuckled cruelly.
Anko grinned widely.
“One hitch kid- your team. Naruto Uzumaki and Rock Lee. The catch is, there’s no medic-nin. Lee can’t heal with chakra, and Naruto…well, he’d be more likely to kill you…that leaves you. You’ve got a month to hustle up medical skills,” Anko barked.
“I do believe…his girlfriend could help there,” Ibikki muttered, glancing at Ekyt.
“Huh? I didn’t even mention that, and I know you didn’t read my mind sensei…” Ekyt wondered how they found out.
“Let’s just say…a little Dragon told me,” Ibikki said with a rare grin. One gloved hand petted Ekyt’s Dragon Summon.
“You have a big mouth Umisu…” Ekyt murmured.



Sakura waited for Ekyt, hoping he would be done soon. She had to talk to him.
(NOTE: Sakura normally dresses like the time-skip version of her, but her hair is still short, as before the skip.)
“Ekyt-kun!” she exclaimed upon seeing him. She shot a quick grin at Lee. Lee shook his head.
Poor guy…he is not aware of how devious kunoichi can be…although that just makes them more endearing…I wonder how she will use his awkwardness?
Sakura leapt up at Ekyt. He managed to catch her around the waist. She wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his arms in a fond hug.
Lee grinned. So THAT was her plan…Play aggressively…Ekyt-san has no chance!
Sakura glanced at Ekyt’s good eye, staring fondly at the rest of his face. Gotcha…(giggle) this is fun! Ekyt’s good eye was widened in shock. He clearly had no idea what to do.
Sakura clung on even tighter, to the point where she was hanging on by her own strength. She moved her head onto his shoulder, so close that her cheek was touching his…mask? Sakura used one hand to slide the mask down around his neck, then she returned her cheek next to his.




Ekyt looked over at Lee, with “What the hell do I do?” clearly etched on his face.

Sakura’s laughter finally gave her away.
“I’m sorry Ekyt-kun, you’re just so innocent!” Sakura declared, giggling.
Ekyt breathed another sigh of relief. He went to replace his mask, but Sakura stopped him.
“Ekyt-kun, you don’t need to wear that around me! I don’t want to have to move the damn thing every time I want to kiss you!”
Ekyt pulled the mask off, staring at it. Then he held it out to Sakura.
“You can have it Sakura-chan. I kept the handkerchief you gave me.” Ekyt shyly held the mask out to her.
“Huh? When did you- Oh! From the nightmares! When I was having those dreams, and I cut my hand. You gave me that mask, to stop the bleeding…Then I gave you…”
“The red handkerchief,” Ekyt finished. He rolled up the right sleeve of his coat. High up on his arm, near his shoulder, was the red handkerchief.
Sakura took the mask and tied it around her right arm. That’s so sweet! (giggle) He is a rare one, that’s for sure!
“I was never keeping my face a secret…just my emotions…” Ekyt muttered quietly.
Sakura gave him a sympathetic smile. “You’re a sweetheart, whether you know it or not,” she said, giving him a kiss on his newly exposed cheek.
“But we have to talk…They’re kind of pressuring me to stay here…I don’t want to…but they’re pushy...”
Ekyt narrowed his good eye.
“Did they threaten you?”
Sakura shook her head, but then changed it to a nod.
“You can’t talk about it. Got it. Who did the threatening?” Ekyt asked.
Sakura nodded her head in the direction of the man who had talked to her.
“Go ahead and give him your answer. He won’t touch you.”
Whoa…when did he get like that? So protective of me…has he always been that way? But he’s right, they shouldn’t be threatening me. And there’s two of them…If they attack.



“Rock Lee, correct?” Ibikki barked.
“Yes sir, I am Rock Lee, the Noble Green Beast of Konohagakure!” Lee answered with gusto.
“Good. You’ve been placed for the chunin exams.”
“I have! Guy-sensei will be proud!”
Ibikki sighed. “He was, yes, very much so…” Ibikki replied, thinking of how Guy had hugged him. Ibikki continued after clearing his throat. “Your team has been selected.
“My team? But I am the only one on my squad who is not a chunin!” Lee told Ibikki.
“We’re aware…there are two others who haven’t attained the rank of chunin…your team is Uzumaki, Naruto and…Ekyt.”
Lee cheered.
“Yes! I will make Guy-sensei proud! I will become a chunin! With Naruto-kun and Ekyt-san, we will dominate!” Lee started to jump and dance, cheering loudly.
Anko chuckled at Ibikki’s murderous look.
“Come on Ibikki, you were a kid once. A LONG time ago, but still.”
Ibikki shot Anko a glance. “Funny Anko. Very funny. I still say the kid needs to be punched.”
They watched Lee dance around.
“He’ll settle down Ibikki…after my exam, he won’t have the energy to make his pinky dance!”




“Excuse me.”
Jukiro saw a young man in a long coat waiting politely to speak with him.
“Yes, what can I do for you?” Jukiro asked amiably.
“Well, I hear you MIGHT have threatened my fr…girlfriend (Ekyt corrected himself. He’s not used to that word, lol).”
“There must be a mistake, I haven’t threatened anyone…Who’s your girlfriend?”
Ekyt nodded at Sakura, who stared defiantly at Jukiro.
“I think your girlfriend is confused.”
Ekyt took a step closer. “I don’t think she is. And I would strongly urge you to stay away from her…you might find that it becomes…detrimental…to your health. Understand?”
“I certainly do sir, and I’m sorry if I upset her,” Junkiro replied, bowing humbly.
Ekyt returned the bow, then stuffed his hands into his coat pockets and walked away!
SNAP!
Junkiro brought a stick he had hidden down across the young man’s head.
“Ekyt!” Sakura cried out.
Poof!
Ekyt disappeared. The gathering villagers looked around, wondering where he went. That was answered when Junkiro found that he had a kunai held to his neck.
“Don’t do that,” Ekyt said darkly, holding the kunai in place. “It’s not smart to threaten her, and then attack me. From behind, no less. Only scum attack when the enemy’s back is turned. Keep that in mind.”
Ekyt pulled the kunai away from the stunned man’s neck.
From behind, he was jumped. The attacker was light, a child or female.
“Hey, let go of my boyfriend!” Sakura shouted, grabbing the girl around the neck and yanking her off Ekyt.


Sakura glared at the girl. “Yo, she-dog- let’s go!” Sakura yelled.


Junkiro started toward the two girls, but Ekyt yanked him back.
“Don’t even think it. You’re the ones who attacked. Besides, if you even ruffle one pink hair on her head, I will bring you personally to hell.”
Apparently Ekyt’s threat was substantial, as Junkiro looked on sullenly. This hadn’t been his day…


Sakura stepped in and clocked the girl. That was the end of the fight. That one chakra-enhanced punch sent the nameless girl skidding across the ground to Junkiro’s feet.


“What are you people?!” Junkiro shouted.
“Ninja…in his case, samurai and ninja, but ninja,” Sakura answered.
“Ninja? I thought you were only a healer!” Junkiro cried out. “I am very sorry for my disrespect! We would not have attacked if we had known!”



“Well, I’m not staying here. That solves that problem.” Sakura stretched her arms.
“Light workout,” Ekyt said.
“Yeah. Thanks for defending me. I really appreciate it. Just because I CAN take care of myself doesn’t mean it’s always appropriate.”
Ekyt suddenly looked furious with himself. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have gotten involved! I’m new to this, I’m sorry if I screwed up…”
Sakura’s gloves hand lightly grabbed his gloved hand. “It’s okay, I’m glad you got involved. That stick would have killed me. I wouldn’t have thought to use a clone jutsu there…”
Sakura could HEAR Ekyt’s gulp. Nervous Ekyt? C’mon, it’s just me!



That night, Lee, Sakura, and Ekyt sat around the bonfire they made on Lone Pine Mountain. They were halfway home. They had agreed to leave the Land of Herbs ASAP.
“Ekyt-san, I was wondering…the kunoichi…why did they call you the pervy samurai?”
Ekyt’s head snapped up.
“I’d like to hear this too Ekyt-kun,” Sakura said mischievously.
“Okay…well, they called me the “Pervy Samurai” because…okay. I was going to the hot spring, and I had my sword in my belt. The only problem was that it was a kunoichi-only time…and, well, I didn’t know that. So as I was in there, Ino, Tenten, and even Kurenai all walked in, wearing only towels. Apparently, they were more angry than scared. Tenten is violent, and Kurenai is just plain scary…let’s not talk about what Ino did…”
Lee and Sakura cracked up.
“Wh-what did they do to you?!” Sakura managed to ask in between laughs.
Ekyt rubbed the back of his head. “I’m not entirely sure…I woke up about three hours later…They did SOMETHING, because I could barely move.”



Lee fell asleep soon, still reeling from opening the first Gate. Ekyt had since pulled out one of his scrolls, studying it’s contents by the fire’s questionable light. With a sigh, he gave up on the scroll.
“What’s the matter?” Sakura asked, concerned that Ekyt wasn’t studying.
“Can’t concentrate. Besides, that flickering light is going to ruin my eyes,” Ekyt replied. He didn’t sound all that upset.
“What’s bugging you?” Sakura questioned, concern in her voice as she gave Ekyt a concerned look.
“Nerves, I guess. It’s not every day you fight a kage, get your first girlfriend, and then get told that you’re in the chunin exams.”
Ekyt sighed again. Without the mask, Sakura noticed how defined his facial expressions were. This time, a shy smile, coupled with his signature blush, crossed his young face.
“I-it was mostly the kiss that distracted me…it’s a good thing,” Ekyt said shyly.
Sakura giggled again; she couldn’t help it.
“It’s funny…you’re this tough-as-nails warrior, you’ve stared death in the eyes…but you’re most afraid of the attention from a girl!”
Ekyt nodded. “That’s about the size of it.”
Sakura gave a loud, fake yawn.
“Oh well. I’m kinda tired. Good night.”
The next thing Ekyt knew, Sakura was using his chest as a pillow. Carefully, he shrugged off his coat and put it across her, like a blanket. The winds would pick up soon, and the nights were brutally cold in the mountains.
Ekyt’s mouth slowly formed a half-smile at the pink-haired kunoichi curled up against him.
There’s a first time for everything… he said, his grin spreading. He didn’t have it in him to sleep, so he stayed as still as possible for the few hours remaining in the night. They would leave for the Leaf Village at dawn.




Kakashi took a seat across from Guy.
“You know Kakashi, it looks like, much like you and I, Lee and Ekyt have a rivalry for the ages! Ah, youth! Lee’s such an amazing kid…”
Kakashi looked up from his book. “I’m sorry Guy, did you say something?”
Guy’s eyes twitched. “That was an excellent comeback, Rival Kakashi! To the point, and it kind of pissed me off…”
Kakashi looked at Guy, the same bored expression on his face.
“Well, as long as you’re pissed,” Kakashi said, giving a big thumbs-up to Guy.



“Lady Tsunade, it is inexcusable! He is NOT ready for the chunin exams!”
Tsunade rubbed her temples. “Ebisu, he is taking the exams. But, since you have a beef with him, you’re going to spar it out.”
Ebisu grinned smugly. “I defeated him last time, there’s hardly any reason to have a rematch!”
Tsunade raised an eyebrow. “The last time, the match was ended by the proctor because you kicked him on his broken leg. Now, I don’t want to hear about this again…If you protest this again, you will spar ME instead of him. Understood?”
Ebisu looked horrified at the thought.
“Yes Lady Tsunade, Understood.”





BONUS: SCRAPPED CONTENT! (Caution- it’s a tad…suggestive, but nothing major. Ages 12 and up, we’ll say)

Ekyt looked over at Lee, with “What the hell do I do?” clearly etched on his face.

Sakura’s laughter finally gave her away.
“I’m sorry Ekyt-kun, you’re just so innocent! But I know how to put an end to that…” she said seductively, leaning back and tossing her hair. Then she zipped next to him.
“Let’s go to the hot springs…you know…to celebrate…”
Lee was near tears, he was laughing so hard. Ekyt either couldn’t hear him, or just couldn’t move yet.
Ekyt stammered incoherently.
“Speechless? Already have ideas, hmmm, Ekyt-kun? You’re so bad…” Sakura cooed. She gave him a playful look. “Luckily, so am I! Give me some sugar, you bad boy!”
Sakura stepped back. Two seconds later, the train for nosebleed central had left.
“Think I over did it Lee?” Sakura asked.
Lee watched Ekyt land hard on his side, eyes still wide with shock.
“No Sakura-san. I think that was just the right amount. Do you…do you think you could talk to Linda-chan? That looked like fun…”
Sakura’s unmistakable look of anger crossed her face. WHAM!
“Pervert! YOU tell your girl what turns you on!” she shouted, stomping away.






Asuma offered Ekyt a cigarette. “Trust me. Once you’ve kissed, she owns you. Your fun is over kid.”
Kurenai shot Asuma death glare. “WHAT was that Asuma? Am I boring you?!”
Asuma turned pale. “I was kidding!”
He whispered to Ekyt “See what I mean?”
Ekyt didn’t take the cigarette. Asuma knew he wouldn’t. Just force of habit for Asuma to offer.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

alchemest1 on November 3, 2007, 4:52:27 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Lol. Love the chapter. Ekyt is so clueless. Although I prob would have been just as. Lol. Great job! Can't wait for more!