Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Gentle Impulsions

Takes place after the Time Skip, outlining the adventures of Naruto and friends.

Note: I've done my best to include all honorifics, as well as the Japanese names of the jutsus, to try to give it that Naruto feel.

Chapter 5 - Gentle Impulsions

Chapter 5 - Gentle Impulsions
Ekyt admired the new vest reverently. The green color, the red swirl…it just seemed perfect. And he had earned it.
“Aren’tcha gonna try it on?” Tsunade-hime prodded, knowing full well that Ekyt was still shocked. Beside her, Sakura smiled encouragingly, and even Naruto gave a grin, brimming with confidence.
They had gathered around Ekyt’s bed, where had been (forcibly) confined for the last two days, recovering from the hundreds of small, but deep, cuts caused by Ebisu’s attacks. Ekyt’s taped arms and thick tactical vest had protected him somewhat, but senbon could, and did, penetrate it’s thick confines. His skin was covered with angry red puncture wounds. Despite this, Ekyt had tried to go get missions, like always, but Tsunade-sama finally had Sakura force him to go home. He had spent the time working on his scroll, ShoBu. He had been adding to it for four years, and now that he wasn’t allowed to leave his bed, he had plenty of time to review any jutsus or other techniques he might have forgotten over the years. There weren’t too many, since he studied the scroll nightly.
Now, he was free to get out of bed and take missions again. He was thrilled with that, and the fact he was now a chunin. If indications from Kakashi-sensei were correct, he would be jonin before long.
With a smile hidden behind his mask, Ekyt shrugged his brand new chunin vest on. Something about wearing it made him…different. He straightened his back and shoulders, and just looked…professional.


And hot! CHA! Sakura managed a cute smile as she made her way over to congratulate him. Good for Ekyt-san. I know how hard he worked…with Ebisu-sensei out of the way, he’ll be jonin in no time. It couldn’t happen to a more deserving guy. Sakura, lost in her own thoughts, bumped into Ekyt.
“S-sorry,” she replied sheepishly. Did I just stammer? Now I’m sounding like Ekyt! Sakura was almost amused by the thought. Stammering was something Ekyt would do when nervous, usually around kunoichi. Especially around me. I guess I’ve got that stigma of working with Tsunade-sama…Jiraiya-sama DID say I was like a second Tsunade…I’m not sure if that’s good or bad yet…

“It’s alright,” Ekyt replied courteously, his tone still as though he were addressing a superior rather than an equal.
“Congratulations Ekyt-san. We all know you deserve it.” Sakura’s warm words put a smile on everyone’s face.
Ekyt started to bow, but was surprised by Sakura’s move. So was Tsunade-hime and Naruto! As Ekyt had bowed forward, Sakura kissed him on the cheek.
“What?” Sakura asked innocently. Did I just-just kiss him? Why aren’t I upset over it? Oh well, he DID deserve it. Besides, it was just a friendly thing. Sakura dismissed it as nothing.
“WHOA! Sakura-chan kissed the Pervy Samurai!” Naruto exclaimed. His exclamation earned him a brutal punch to the head, courtesy of a pissed-off Sakura.



Ekyt made his way to Tsunade-hime’s office, having been summoned there. He received a few complimets on his new attire. When he passed an incredibly angry Ebisu, Ekyt had a feeling today was going to be incredible.

“So, now that you’ve reached chunin level, it’s time for you to get missions more suited to the abilities we know you have. Team Kakashi is heading to Koubagakure, the Herb Village, to retrieve a plant that may be a cure for your cousin’s (Kimimaro) disease. Iruka will be going with them, which leaves the classroom in Nara Shikamaru’s hands. You might be wondering why I’m telling you this…” Tsunade paused as the door to her office was opened. In strode two imposing figures.
“Perhaps I might be the one to tell him, Tsunade-sama,” Morino Ibikki said curtly. At Tsunade’s gesture, he continued.
“Your request for Exam Proctor training is denied, for the time being. Our ANBU forces are depleted, in two areas in particular. Mitarashi Anko and myself are going to test you to see how adept you are to these areas. We will not tell you how, when, why, or what. Go about your business as usual…we’ll be watching.”
Ekyt had dealt with Ibikki and Anko before, and he had a guess as to how to handle this.
“Alright. Hope I don’t disappoint,” Ekyt replied, his voice giving away nothing.


“So, your mission. I want you to take three genin out, and have them spar you. Use Kakashi’s bell test, or one of your own. But give them an objective, a time limit, and a lot of pressure.”
As if on cue, Shikamaru slouched in. “I have the three genin you wanted Tsunade-sama,” he drawled. He gave Ekyt a friendly nod, which Ekyt returned.
“Kazuki Okkuu; Momoko Yuuka (Kunoichi); and Tsubasa Katsuyori.”

Three genin stepped forward, out from behind Shikamaru. One pushed to the front of the other two.
“My name is Kazuki Okkuu! And you think you’re good enough to teach me?! I know all about you, pervy samurai!”
Okkuu was obviously a handful. He had a short, but unruly mane of thick black hair, styled like a Brillo pad. He was dressed in a black jumpsuit with short sleeves.
“Please excuse Okkuu, his brain is underdeveloped,” the one called Katsuyori piped up, gently guiding the struggling Okkuu back toward Shikamaru. He bowed to Ekyt. “My name is Tsubasa Katsuyori; It is very nice to meet you.” Katsuyori was dressed in a pair of black pants that led up to his white, long-sleeve turtle-neck sweater. His eyes were a curiosity. One of them was grey, while the other was a deep blue color.
The third member of the group, the kunoichi, was a shy red haired girl. “My name is Momoko Yuuka. My family owns the Kinokiita diner.” It was obvious the little girl was shy, as her green eyes darted around constantly.
Ekyt gave them all a warm grin with his eyes. “Well, let’s go talk about this elsewhere. With your permissions, Tsunade-sama…”
Tsunade smiled. “Of course.”


“Kakashi-sensei, are we almost there?!” Naruto was whining…again.
“Naruto, shut up! Didn’t your time with Jiraiya-sama teach you patience, at least?!” Sakura snarled in reply, having heard enough.
“I think Naruto is PMS-ing,” Sai stated.
“WHAT?! I’ll SHOW YOU PMSing, you bastard!” Naruto flew into a rage, aiming for Sai.
By force of habit, Kakashi reached back and restrained Naruto from killing Sai. “That’s enough. We’ll be there soon, relax!”
Sakura had been deep in thought the whole time. “Kakashi-sensei, if we DO get this plant, how are we going to give it to Kimimaro-san? He’s loyal to Orochimaru…”
Kakashi shrugged. “I’m sure they’ll figure something out. Our mission ends with getting this plant.”
Sakura had another question: “Why is this A-ranked sensei?”
Kakashi looked at her mildly. “Didn’t anyone tell you guys? The land is in the middle of a civil war.”


“Alright, Let’s start by learning a little about each other. Who wants to go first?” Ekyt asked his group.
“How about YOU, pervy samurai?” Okkuu muttered.
Ekyt stood up. “My name is Kaguya Ekyt. I am a chunin of Konohagakure. My interests are getting better at my job, and other things that don’t concern you. My dreams aren’t important, and my desires are meaningless. So, how about you go ahead Okkuu?

Okkuu stood up, drawing himself up high. The four were sitting on Lone Pine Hill. The Hill was alive with the spring’s floral decorations. Konohagakure seemed to have a perennial springtime, as the Cherry Blossoms fell year-round. The peaceful scene was now distrupted by what appeared to be the second coming of Uzumaki Naruto.

“I’m Kazuki Okkuu! I’m a genin. My dream is to defeat every ninja in the world, and to kill every last samurai! I want to make those bastards pay for killing my father!”
Ekyt flinched slightly. So, some day he’ll come gunning for me…it’ll be interesting to see what happens when I tell him I’m a samurai…

“Thank you Okkuu-kun. Now, how about you…” Ekyt pointed to the kunoichi of the group.
“My name is Momoko Yuuka. I’m a genin. My dream…my dream is to meet a special boy, have a family, and make my parents proud of me. I want to be strong, and brave, and show everyone that violence doesn’t always have to be the answer.”
Ekyt gave her a friendly nod.

The last member stood up.
“I am Tsubasa Katsuyori. I am a genin. My goal is to become a jonin…and a samurai. I want to immerse my life into the martial arts, and become the second Musashi Miyamoto. As a ninja, I want to become the like the Third Hokage.”


“Kakashi, that plant is going to be difficult to get. Sakura should pick it, it needs a delicate touch. I’ve read that the plant is more receptive to the hands of a kunoichi as it is.”
Kakashi nodded at Iruka’s words.
“Naruto’s clones and my Sharingan will hold off any attackers. Iruka, you escort Sakura, then both of you leave, no matter what. With or without Naruto and I, if necessary.”
The Land of Herbs was an autonomous nation, rather than a village. It usually had no trouble, no wars, no major problems. Every Village, from the Leaf to the Sound, needed their medical herbs. To attack the land would mean the death of too many to justify, even for the Sound and Sand Villages. The Land didn’t have any ninja of it’s own, save for one, the Koubakage, it’s leader.
The Land itself was beautiful farmland. Some areas had been left natural, adding to the pristine majesty that nature offered if one knew where to look. There were lush green forests, wide open plains, and even an oasis of sorts. Everything seemed perfect. How such a place could have a civil war was a big question.
“Kakashi-sensei, what is the war about? How did it start? And Why?” Sakura wanted to know.


“Alright, now that we all know each other, let’s get started. Your mission is to defeat me by tying a ribbon around my arm. You each have one. Anyone who doesn’t get a ribbon on me…well, you don’t want to know.”
“Tell us!” The genin demanded as one.
“Well, I can only pass two of you. If you’re the last one to get a ribbon on my arm, you fail the test and go back to the academy. If you don’t get a ribbon on me AT ALL…you will be failed completely and stripped of your Shinobi status, as well as barred from taking the Genin exams ever again.”
Ekyt had never seemed scarier to the three young genin.
“So, whenever you’re ready…attack me, and a word of advice: Try to kill. You won’t win if you hold back.”

Why does all this seem familiar? It’s like Déjà vu or something…



Concealed nearby, Anko, Ibikki, and Sarutobi (Formerly the 3rd Hokage) watched Ekyt handle his new group.
“He’s good with kids,” Sarutobi commented.
“It’s his other skills I’m interested in. When I had my little…chat with Ebisu, he mentioned how brutal the kid’s genjutsu was. I’m anxious to see it in action.” Ibikki was focusing intently on Ekyt and the three genin.
“You don’t think he’ll actually use it full-throttle on the kids, do you Ibikki? You know the kid has a conscience. Not to mention common sense,” Anko murmured. He might not go full-tilt, but even holding back, showing control, was a great indicator as to how deep the kid’s power ran.
“Good for Uzumaki Naruto this kid came along. I always said Naruto would be one to watch…well, it’s damn time somebody started watching, because he’s going to get real good, real fast,” Ibikki commented.
“Have either of you heard Ekyt’s…ambitions?” Sarutobi asked, taking notes on Ekyt.
“No. What?” Anko asked in surprise.
“He wants to serve the village, to thank them for accepting him. He wants to become a trusted advisor, an exam proctor, a teacher, a squad leader, a jonin, a council member, and ANBU.”
“Full agenda. He plans to pull all that off? More power to him if he can. I doubt anyone could. Uzumaki Naruto has a better chance of becoming the Sixth Hokage.”
Sarutobi cast a glance at Anko. “I have no doubt he will achive some of that list. He is already a trusted advisor. He’s teaching right now. And, if I’m not mistaken, Ibikki, you are recruiting him for ANBU. That’s three right there, out of seven, all at age 19.”


“Go ahead, attack. You’re going to have to really try, because I’m not going to hold back,” Ekyt warned. The three genin just stared at him stupidly. Alright, let’s see what happens if…wait…those are clones…good start kids…
“AHHH!” From behind, Okkuu tried to attack Ekyt. Ekyt simply put up a forearm to block the punch, then used an open-palm push to the chest to push Okkuu away.
Ekyt was then riddled with shuriken and kunai, courtesy of Yuuka and Katsuyori.
“We killed Ekyt-sensei!” Yuuka shouted, running over to his body. POOF! The “body” was a log.


The Land of Herbs looked war ridden. Holes in the fertile soil were plentiful, and a lot of the vegetation had been destroyed.
“Alright, let’s make this” Kakashi began.
“HALT! INTRUDERS! ENEMIES OF THE KOUBAKAGE!” came a shout. Peasants came running out, pitchforks aimed at Team Kakashi.
“Never mind. Iruka, Sakura, you go and find that plant. Naruto, Sai, you’re with me. We need to buy them time…”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Neopetgirl on December 27, 2007, 4:31:46 PM

Neopetgirl on
NeopetgirlO_O Woa NG,I don't know what to say anymore I don't want to sound repetitive and all but this is so great it's hard to describe how much I enjoyed reading it! Excellent job,NG!

I love that your story contains the following:Action,Drama,Comedy,and a bit of romance. It has everything. I'm just so atonished why you haven't many readers. It doesn't make much sense. Just keep writing though NG,remember write to your heart's content! Don't make it feel like a job! :)

alchemest1 on December 4, 2007, 6:01:52 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Totally sweet mate. This chapter is amazing mate! I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!. Oh and one of the traits on your genin sounds familiar. Lol. I like it!